What are the best and worst aspects of BL right now? Share your thoughts on the current state of game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Best: combat is well done and generally fun:

Worst: There's no game 'behind' the combat as fights are just massing archers/horse archers and war is mostly slaughtering giant balls of recruits.

It is very far-fetched to believe that we're gonna see much new complex features be released by the end of the EA period. Most likely, the game will simply be stabilized and released with more or less the features it already has right now. As such, it is only natural to be asking for additional rich, new, fun and complex gameplay content (similar to those we see in CK DLC releases) in exchange of small purchases. There is very little chance they would create and release such additional content for free, and believing that is naive. If they decide not to, it will be up to the modders to create and release that content, for which we're gonna be paying regardless (through Patreon donations more often than not, and for much more money than the price of a single DLC) to support and thank the modders for their time and work.
You wont play one of two the game modes but your happy to call it finished minus the bugs? Jesus that bar is low....call me naive @_@

I will be short...

Best: Crafting your own weapon (which in theory you could use to enhance your fighting skills, but in real play it does not metter).

Worst: Everything else lacks vision. All the separate aspects of the game does not play together properly. Fighting system with global war management. Characters and their skills with war/clan/kingdom management. Graphical 3D "world dimension" with global game play (90% on main map).

Please fix: Unfortunately I doubt atm that all those inconsistencies can be fixed. Fixing one thing will not do the job.

Thoughts: The various aspects of the game just does not play together.

Conclusion: I probably will start this game few times in the year to fight some battles but without expectation of any deeper immersion.
PS - I understand its EA, however with current dev pace I don't think all that I would like them to fix, they can fix until release.

best- the combat

worst-everything else, i see games like crusader kings 3 and i want that for this.... i want that game with this combat

combat is great the army vs army battles are pretty damn cool but the rest of the game feels so hollow and empty atm and it sucks that it will probably be like that for a year or more maybe forever

You wont play one of two the game modes but your happy to call it finished minus the bugs? Jesus that bar is low....call me naive @_@
Not my bar, just have to come to terms with our expectations of the base-game and understand that TW's vision for it is far simpler than we all hoped it would be.

And yes, the quests suck. Debate me.

Best: combat and sieges are truly great, with some caveat, see "Thoughts"

Worst: the world is pretty bare, you don't have many options regarding ruling your kingdom, so you end up drifting endlessly around looking for battles and it becomes boring in the long run. I'm not looking for king Crusader game mechanics, however a bit more option to build your kingdom and interact with other kingdoms without going to war would be nice.

Thoughts: The Battles is just to quickly over, maybe a pre battle plan could be utilized, like send out some scouts, get the enemy position, make a plan and the execute it, and if it fails you need to adjust just as we do now in the heat of the battle.

Not my bar, just have to come to terms with our expectations of the base-game and understand that TW's vision for it is far simpler than we all hoped it would be.

And yes, the quests suck. Debate me.
The standard you put up with is the standard you accept. People like you are the problem, your allowing expectations to fall which is making this behavior the new standard in game development.

They promised, via advertisements still active on steam, they would deliver a game built off the success of the predecessors. This is not hope, its false advertising on the legal nuance of 'expectations'. This isn't about the devs, most of them wont make any decisions dealing with money, its the executives who have made BULK money and are now reneging on the EA premise of early investment to support development ramp up.

Ive played over 1000 hrs (yes I have free time atm) and experienced all the patches and hotfixes, even the ones not announced, and the rate of development has been steady, painstakingly slow and often detrimental to the game.

The standard you put up with is the standard you accept. People like you are the problem, your allowing expectations to fall which is making this behavior the new standard in game development.

They promised, via advertisements still active on steam, they would deliver a game built off the success of the predecessors. This is not hope, its false advertising on the legal nuance of 'expectations'. This isn't about the devs, most of them wont make any decisions dealing with money, its the executives who have made BULK money and are now reneging on the EA premise of early investment to support development ramp up.

Ive played over 1000 hrs (yes I have free time atm) and experienced all the patches and hotfixes, even the ones not announced, and the rate of development has been steady, painstakingly slow and often detrimental to the game.
And you are the reason game development does not happen if you always act toxic or negative none even if you said to yourself if everybody telles you trash and **** would you wanna develop you are the reason like please if you say something get some fact to back it up

And you are the reason game development does not happen if you always act toxic or negative none even if you said to yourself if everybody telles you trash and **** would you wanna develop you are the reason like please if you say something get some fact to back it up
You're both wrong. Neither the toxic posters or the contented are going have any great effect on the game. Some will be pleased at the rate of progress and others will not be. It is only natural. But in the end, TW is going to build the game according to their vision, and the game will be supported and updated for years to come. They have a broad vision and they're going to work in as much as they can as fast they can, to the best of their ability. They want and accept the feedback of players, where it actually relates to game mechanics, depth, and other beneficial discussions. Not everything will be something they can fit easily within their scope, so some of what people want undoubtedly may not make it into the first post EA release of the game. However, no amount of toxicity from anyone is going to be taken with more than a grain of salt or in any way impact the production of the game. Such is simply to be expected with a public community.

TW is going to keep working on the game and modders are going to go crazy with the game, and the endless possibilities will be brought to life by those most dedicated to their vision. Patience is a virtue. 10 years from now in 2030 we'll be repeating this discussion all over again with the first VR realization -Mount&Blade 3 in E.A. XD Some will be saying "Game crashes if I move my left arm. You had TEN years WTF", and others will be like "Game is great just using my right arm. Keep going! Maybe bring left arm in a DLC!?" but eventually we'll get a great version of that game too, and yes, it will utilize both arms before it releases from E.A.

THAT SAID, I would appreciate if all those commenting would at least fulfill the original requirements of the thread. And while you can and should argue your opinions, please do not belittle others in the process. This is the only off topic post I'll make. Thank You.

You're both wrong. Neither the toxic posters or the contented are going have any great effect on the game. Some will be pleased at the rate of progress and others will not be. It is only natural. But in the end, TW is going to build the game according to their vision, and the game will be supported and updated for years to come. They have a broad vision and they're going to work in as much as they can as fast they can, to the best of their ability. They want and accept the feedback of players, where it actually relates to game mechanics, depth, and other beneficial discussions. Not everything will be something they can fit easily within their scope, so some of what people want undoubtedly may not make it into the first post EA release of the game. However, no amount of toxicity from anyone is going to be taken with more than a grain of salt or in any way impact the production of the game. Such is simply to be expected with a public community.

TW is going to keep working on the game and modders are going to go crazy with the game, and the endless possibilities will be brought to life by those most dedicated to their vision. Patience is a virtue. 10 years from now in 2030 we'll be repeating this discussion all over again with the first VR realization -Mount&Blade 3 in E.A. XD Some will be saying "Game crashes if I move my left arm. You had TEN years WTF", and others will be like "Game is great just using my right arm. Keep going! Maybe bring left arm in a DLC!?" but eventually we'll get a great version of that game too, and yes, it will utilize both arms before it releases from E.A.

THAT SAID, I would appreciate if all those commenting would at least fulfill the original requirements of the thread. And while you can and should argue your opinions, please do not belittle others in the process. This is the only off topic post I'll make. Thank You.

love how you come in talking down to everyone then ask for respect

Lmao allowing expectations to fall, I'm constantly making detailed comments and suggestions
of features I would love to see in-game in various threads of this forum. It is only natural that we will not see all of the nice features they announced or that the community suggested by the end of the EA, and instead expect them in future DLCs or mods to come in the upcoming years. Stop acting all entitled, and instead manage your expectations a bit and be more pragmatic. We will all get to see most of the features we want in this wonderful game, just probably not by the end of the EA period. Like @NLCRich pointed out, you just need to be patient.

Lmao allowing expectations to fall, I'm constantly making detailed comments and suggestions
of features I would love to see in-game in various threads of this forum. It is only natural that we will not see all of the nice features they announced or that the community suggested by the end of the EA, and instead expect them in future DLCs or mods to come in the upcoming years. Stop acting all entitled, and instead manage your expectations a bit and be more pragmatic. We will all get to see most of the features we want in this wonderful game, just probably not by the end of the EA period. Like @NLCRich pointed out, you just need to be patient.
Its been 6months, I have been patient by my count, you need to be more tolerant of conflicting viewpoints. Lol how does one purchase something then act entitled for not receiving it. your logic is retarded.

Its been 6months, I have been patient by my count, you need to be more tolerant of conflicting viewpoints. Lol how does one purchase something then act entitled for not receiving it. your logic is retarded.

You received your copy of Early Access Bannerlord -so you got the item. The item at this stage may not live up to your expectations - its up to you how you wanna react to that. Offering up constructive criticism or crying in every thread like a lil girl is entirely up to you.

Best: Combat + Core gameplay loop (basically warbands)
Worst: Diplomacy. As in, there barely is any. Really hampering the game once you try to make your own faction.
Please fix: individual soldiers AI on the battlefield. They just die within seconds because they are idiots
Thoughts: I like the general atmosphere, sometimes I almost fall in love with the game, but then you run into some stupid or unfinished part of the game again and want to quit.

I try to guve as much constructive criticism as i can but people like musashi try to think they are speaking the objective truth when usually all his points are subjective yet he cannot ever seem like his opinion is just his own going along i was having fun compiling the things said here and usually every thread that tries to do something good gets invaded by these people if he stated that it was his own opinion i would not respond and leave it as is its his agenda of saying the same 2 things in every thread or post and speaking it like its the objective truth agitates me one of these points being well other people said so its true like no pretty sure there are loke 5 people who constantly just say the same thing in these forums as the objective truth atleast MostBlunted has human decency

Best: I really enjoy the OST of Bannerlord. Absolutely smashed it. Combat is great too, and the ease of modding is much appreciated.

Worst: Hard to pick, but I'll go with having to fight again and again. Big battles feel so meaningless when defeated lords turn up. Having to grind on looters to train up your men is also repetitive and boring when you should be doing bigger and better things. And apart from stupid smithing exploits, the only real way to make buck is fighting.

Please fix: Sieges, combat AI, perks, Sturgia's campaign woes.

I hope TW fills the game out more. I'm counting on mods to add more to the game, but TW still needs to implement more.

Best - SP combat/battle sizes. It's already a lot of fun, but once they improve on the ai with formations, tactics, banners and whatever else there's going to be some amazing experiences.

Worst - The factions & their lore: Was something I was really looking forward to before release but for me none of them stand out. Maybe it's just because the game was disappointing as whole and I didn't enjoy playing them, but none of them feel like the Nords did for me in Warband. All of them are just kind of generic and bland especially in aesthetic.

Please fix - Sieges, body mass & collision.

Best :
Music - It's first rate and I hope in the future, maybe dlc at least, we get some new music.
Combat - Overall it's good but a few tweaks here and there are needed still an big improvement over WB.
Scenery - Gorgeous

Worst:
Perks - Most are boring and add little to nothing besides a small % increase which is impossible to notice
Sieges - WB sieges were the worst part of the game but I honestly think that as is BL sieges are worst than WB and I don't know how they managed to do that. The ai is buggy, the pathing is horrible, and **** siege towers.
Battles - They're over too quickly and lack any real tactics, currently the imbalance between cav, infantry and archers is too big and makes archer spam the easiest way to win instead of winning with a balanced group using tactics and terrain.
Lack of anything to do in towns, villages, castles
Diplomacy - While this has gotten better it still has a long way to go.
Clan system - The lack of control over clan parties is an issue.
Lack of patrols that can be hired or at least manhunters which can counter some of the bandit spam is a must.

Please fix siege towers, finish the perks sooner rather than later and get smithing figured out because it's beyond borked.

Back
Top Bottom