MP Musket Era WFaS Battalion

Users who are viewing this thread

Recruitademt said:
matmannen said:
Recruitademt said:
matmannen said:
Also i was a bit dissapointed seeing the army of sweden. Swordsmen as the only infantry unit is rather unrealistic, pikemen were common in sweden at that time. Also i missed the hakkapelita, elite light cav of sweden. Also reiter was commonly used by swedish army too, german mercs.

First of all, Hakkapelittas was not an elite unit of Sweden, they were exactly the same as the other regiments who weared the same equipment, the name "Hakkapelitas" was invented long after.

Finally to be really super realistic sweden muskets should shoot 3 faster then times then others. Swedish cannons should have smaller area of effect but move faster scince sweden used lighter cannons during era (might even be possible to do). Also each inf regiment should have own small cannon.

This was during the swedish invention in the thrity years' war, ~1630. However, during this time (1655), the musket teq was upgraded in most countries, and Karl X brought back the bigger cannons when attacking Poland.

matmannen said:
Also i guess you have realized by now what WFaS have done wrong; the first swedish uniforms were yellow with black plate not blue.
Blue wern't used until the 18th century.

You got any sources behind this statement? As much as I know different colors were used for different regiments.

So there we're some facts i was not aware of.  :grin: :grin:
But coming the the latter statement the second great military reformation of sweden happend during the rule of Karl XI, that's when the carolinean army was founded, the blue and yellow army so to speak. Before that sweden had no major military reformation since Gustav II Adolf's reformations, so it was practically the same army, with a few adjustments i guess, as example the return of heavy cannons.

Now coming to the uniforms; Gustav II Adolf's army consisted of (according to my undestanding of facts read) four brigades: the red brigade, the yellow brigade, the green brigade and the blue. Soldiers could differantiate who belonged to which regiment through the color of mantle they had bound either from hip to shoulder or around the waist. So those are the only fact in writing i have found, but looking at paintings done during the era swedish soldiers usually had black with yellow, or metal over yellow. But this can also just be a way the painter tried to make them look "cool" since it does.

Now coming to the Hakkapelittat all cav did not have the same equipment; Adolf's reformations organized regiments into more unique regiments. Also true the fins didn't call themselfes hakkapelitta in the beginning, it was given about 20 years before the deluge by german catholics. The Hakkapelittat or finnsh light horse as it can be called were still present in Karl X's army.   

I'm sorry.. I wrote that post under time pressure. But actually, the Hakkapelittas (finish soldiers) were just a ordginary regiment based in the what is nowdays finland :p, they were trained and raised the same as the other medium-weight cavalry in Sweden, why they got famous is because they didn't talk Swedish, they weared poorer armor (since finland was much poorer then), so adding this unit would not be accurate with the name "hakkapellitas" but instead the regiments name, but then, adding regiment names would be a lot of work.

I find military uniforms from different time periods very interesting, and if you would, could you please find me the source of this, that would be very kind =)

PS. Hur tyckte du matchen mellan Sverige - Ryssland var?

What you are saying is true. The hakkapälitta where normal cav, just as other swedish cav. But one diffrence which enabled them to become succesful chock cav was the finnhorses, the special horse race which was breeded in finland.
As you say using one of the four regiment names would be most correct, but maybe since WFaS already has the soldier finnsh arquibusier it could be added as finnsh light cavalry or finnsh raiders (since this was a normal activity for them along with recon) or something like that.

It will be difficult to find the source since the are many which i had to piece together. There is almost no info, also i have used painting of soldiers from the era, but as i stated, we can't trust them fully 'couse it can be propaganda from the painters par (tride to make them look cool)

Jag tittade tyvärr inte på matchen  :sad: :sad: Hur gick det? 

matmannen said:
Recruitademt said:
matmannen said:
Recruitademt said:
matmannen said:
Also i was a bit dissapointed seeing the army of sweden. Swordsmen as the only infantry unit is rather unrealistic, pikemen were common in sweden at that time. Also i missed the hakkapelita, elite light cav of sweden. Also reiter was commonly used by swedish army too, german mercs.

First of all, Hakkapelittas was not an elite unit of Sweden, they were exactly the same as the other regiments who weared the same equipment, the name "Hakkapelitas" was invented long after.

Finally to be really super realistic sweden muskets should shoot 3 faster then times then others. Swedish cannons should have smaller area of effect but move faster scince sweden used lighter cannons during era (might even be possible to do). Also each inf regiment should have own small cannon.

This was during the swedish invention in the thrity years' war, ~1630. However, during this time (1655), the musket teq was upgraded in most countries, and Karl X brought back the bigger cannons when attacking Poland.

matmannen said:
Also i guess you have realized by now what WFaS have done wrong; the first swedish uniforms were yellow with black plate not blue.
Blue wern't used until the 18th century.

You got any sources behind this statement? As much as I know different colors were used for different regiments.

So there we're some facts i was not aware of.  :grin: :grin:
But coming the the latter statement the second great military reformation of sweden happend during the rule of Karl XI, that's when the carolinean army was founded, the blue and yellow army so to speak. Before that sweden had no major military reformation since Gustav II Adolf's reformations, so it was practically the same army, with a few adjustments i guess, as example the return of heavy cannons.

Now coming to the uniforms; Gustav II Adolf's army consisted of (according to my undestanding of facts read) four brigades: the red brigade, the yellow brigade, the green brigade and the blue. Soldiers could differantiate who belonged to which regiment through the color of mantle they had bound either from hip to shoulder or around the waist. So those are the only fact in writing i have found, but looking at paintings done during the era swedish soldiers usually had black with yellow, or metal over yellow. But this can also just be a way the painter tried to make them look "cool" since it does.

Now coming to the Hakkapelittat all cav did not have the same equipment; Adolf's reformations organized regiments into more unique regiments. Also true the fins didn't call themselfes hakkapelitta in the beginning, it was given about 20 years before the deluge by german catholics. The Hakkapelittat or finnsh light horse as it can be called were still present in Karl X's army.   

I'm sorry.. I wrote that post under time pressure. But actually, the Hakkapelittas (finish soldiers) were just a ordginary regiment based in the what is nowdays finland :p, they were trained and raised the same as the other medium-weight cavalry in Sweden, why they got famous is because they didn't talk Swedish, they weared poorer armor (since finland was much poorer then), so adding this unit would not be accurate with the name "hakkapellitas" but instead the regiments name, but then, adding regiment names would be a lot of work.

I find military uniforms from different time periods very interesting, and if you would, could you please find me the source of this, that would be very kind =)

PS. Hur tyckte du matchen mellan Sverige - Ryssland var?

What you are saying is true. The hakkapälitta where normal cav, just as other swedish cav. But one diffrence which enabled them to become succesful chock cav was the finnhorses, the special horse race which was breeded in finland.
As you say using one of the four regiment names would be most correct, but maybe since WFaS already has the soldier finnsh arquibusier it could be added as finnsh light cavalry or finnsh raiders (since this was a normal activity for them along with recon) or something like that.

It will be difficult to find the source since the are many which i had to piece together. There is almost no info, also i have used painting of soldiers from the era, but as i stated, we can't trust them fully 'couse it can be propaganda from the painters par (tride to make them look cool)

Jag tittade tyvärr inte på matchen  :sad: :sad: Hur gick det?

That's true what you are saying, very true indeed, I didn't think of the strong finnhorses, it makes sense though. And yes, propaganda was probably in use often, one artist who made accurate pictures of the soldiers in the swedish army (1655-60) was "Erik Dahlbergh", allthough his photos are not very clear.

Sverige vann, 1-0 , :grin:.

Hey guys plz help me be able to play this game. It looks awesome but it wont work. Ive extracted it, restarted it, tried different programs to run but it still wont work plz help

Pike11 said:
Thare is no reson to make a mount and musket battaion for fas becuese you can play it on warband. :roll:

Between the napoleanic war and the deluge there are more then two hundred years. It is not the same, though i think that WFaS Battalion could have been done much better. With less focus on poland, as mods on this era do almost all the time.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HOW DO I GET CANON TO WORK?

i got the canon, then i got amunitions, then i got canon ball and loaded canon with canon ball, then i got ramrod and used that and then used linstock. why no boom

Wambo said:
Hello

I don't making WFaS Battalion now but this module is using in historical events. In last week, Sunday polish clan [RP] Rzeczpospolita making event "Klushino" for polish community. On event we have 70-90 people fraction Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Duchy of Moscow. I'm making video from this event here link:

Wambo, would you have any problems with other mod, like the Enhancement Mod, using some of your textures, cannon units, factions? By sharing mod efforts, your mod would get greater attention by getting credits in other mods. At the same time you could greatly increase the enjoyment of the community, whether single or multiplayer. Please do consider it.

MeCaiLL said:
Meraxas said:
I'll open new one for my clan.Dont Worry dude. :lol:
Thanks for your interest :smile: When server opened,send them to posts please?
Firstly,You shouldn't use Google Translate.Seconly I'll open it on May.
(Eğer ingilizce bilmiyorsan ki herhalde öyle.Bana Ö.M. at.

Back
Top Bottom