[Werewolf] - Rediscovery - Wolf Victory!

Currently viewing this thread:

Catholic

Duke
WBWF&SNW
I gave up the driving shift. In a car on phone so expect lousy formatting.

I'm not going to defend myself - the bandwagon on me is the laziest bandwagon I've seen. I don't lurk - I'm on a road trip. I'm not half assing my vote on fishy - I'm keeping it there until he hangs. I'm not a 'noob lynch' - I've been here for half a decade.

Fishy has actions that don't match his rationale. Voting me after suggesting lynching boobs makes little sense, and even separating myself the "let's lynch boobs" argument doesn't hold up. My pet theory is that he and Adaham are pack mates, so he posted that to get pressure off Adaham since he had most votes at that point. After that it's been many words but little substance posts.
 

Dago Wolfrider

Sergeant Knight
TheFlyingFishy said:
Arch3r said:
Got some hours to spare before my flight. It is also probably my last opportunity before my deadline to make a longer post.

Xardob said:
5. Arch3r - Runner up for worst opening vote alongside Eternal. This just screams wolf not wanting to get involved in anything that might bring him trouble. Jumped right into the Fishy wagon after that. The entire argument was pointless. Then, there's his LoS. Aside from a couple players, he doesn't seem to have a strong opinion on anyone, almost as if he's keeping his options open. His opinion on Fishy is particularly interesting. If Fishys is indeed innocent, I bet this is a wolf defending someone he knows is a villager and made a bad mistake, just to look good after the innocent is lynched. His entire case against Jock and me seems to revolve around our comments about each other, which is poor hunting, unless you're a wolf.
... or it's just my 2nd time playing and fixing a mistake? And, I am jumping on the Fishy wagon - and I am defending him? Which one is it?

At the time, he was the only one with a longer post, so I commented on it. If you call that jumping on the Fishy Wagon (commenting on his post) and defending him (not voting for him, despite commenting his logic was flawed), then I disagree with your logic.

Xardob said:
Aside from a couple players, he doesn't seem to have a strong opinion on anyone, almost as if he's keeping his options open.
As if. There is so much wrong with this statement.
Aside from a couple players... isn't that enough? There's only 8 other players. How many players should I accuse for it be enough? Apparently only your style of LoS is good enough, where everybody is a different kind of wolf, is that it? Speaking of keeping options open...
A strong opinion ... what qualifies as a strong opinion? A vote? I did vote. How is your opinion any stronger than mine, I fail to see it.
And once more about the 'keeping options open' ... 4 days before the deadline and with some players hardly having posted anything, yes I am keeping options open until the people that may have been too busy to post thus far, also start posting. Guilty as charged.


I personally think this whole veteran act is rather annoying. Making statements like:
Gauging player reactions by placing votes is what every experienced player does. Well, almost every experienced player. There are those that sit in the corner smoking, commenting cynically on everybodies attempts at getting something going, and twirling their chest hair, and that's that. Not sure that gets us a lot further.
This is what veterans do and what players should do, to try to shoehorn people into your playing style and thus:
Xardob said:
to manipulate interactions for outcomes they prefer.
(Disclaimer: yes the quote is deliberately taken out of context)
Plus then there's using names like Adaham, Eternal, Vieira. These are names that don't say me much and come across as flexing knowledge - "I know this player better than you"



End of rant, mostly unrelated to wolf hunting. I say mostly, because I do believe the veterans probably have set up this whole routine in which it is hard to distinguish their act as a villager from their act as a wolf. If I were a veteran player and a wolf (or: if I were Xardob), I'd just copy the exact same thing I always do: start with some crisscross voting to gauge reactions and end up accusing everybody of being a wolf and trying to manipulate people into voting for those you see as a threat. Bringing me back to this.
Xardob said:
You see, WW is a game of asymmetrical information. The wolves are always more informed than the village. That means it's way easier to manipulate interactions for outcomes they prefer. They can easily choose who they want to appear to be defending, who they attack, which players they want to be linked to and who to distance from. A villager doesn't have any of that and must work based on assumptions. And when you're linking two players who are still alive, you're working from multiple assumptions, that the wolves can easily manipulate. Once you have a confirmed dead wolf, it's easier, but I still think it's mostly a bad idea because you never know when the wolf in question was manipulating interactions to lead the village off.

So, how aren't you exactly what you describe as being a wolf-action? You list me as your highest suspect of being a wolf (unless I got your ordering wrong), you list Jock as ... safe?

Xardob said:
4. Jock - This post is his most problematic so far. Framing the discussion on his terms so that he can railroad it however he wants. Then signaling his innocence without actually acting on it. I'm also uncomfortable with anyone defending me, so add another strike to him.
I know I've been flying a bit under the radar and am probably coming off a tad hypocritical when mentioning other inactive people, no excuses there.
This also seems very self conscious. Anything you got to hide, Jock?

Domesticated wolves - Jock, Vieira and Dago
Then you hardly seem to formulate an opinion on him and try to distance yourself from him defending you. Has he made a mistake in defending you? And now you try to distance yourself from him, by saying that's uncomfortable... but still try to paint him off as innocent? I find that rather suspect.


To sum up:
  • You and Jock seem to be overly friendly.
  • I vote for, and focus on Jock, you try to dismiss me as saying I do not have any strong opinion about anyone.
  • You state wolves "can easily choose who they want to appear to be defending, who they attack, which players they want to be linked to and who to distance from".
  • You defend Jock, attack Fishy and me and ... possibly try to link yourself to these veterans?: Waiting for the moon to come out - Adaham, Eternal and MaHuD
To clarify the last part. You put them in the middle, basically stating "I am not defending you, but I do not think you're a real suspect either". Eternal/Marowit is the odd one out here, as he has not posted much, but I reckon you want to be on good terms with Adaham and MaHuD as they're vocal and as you described MaHuD: aggressive. I suppose you're hoping they'll also go easy on you? As for Eternal, your only comment on him is that he's a lazy wolf?

Xardob said:
Dago Wolfrider said:
I mean studying the relations between players will be really important the following days.
I suppose I should go in detail why I think pack hunting is bad, specially while you do with both players still alive.
"Pack hunting is bad" - Person accused of being in a pack with Jock.

This has made Archer move up a bit on my list. As compared to his earlier posts, I detect a bit of a tone reversal that makes me think he may be seeking refuge in audacity. For me, at least, he seems notably more confrontational in his word choice after his LOS on page 8 started getting dissected by Xardob. But this isn't compelling enough to try and start a train on him at this late hour. I figure it's just about time to settle on who we are voting for, and being that Marowit and I are the front runners, it shouldn't come as a surprise that I endorse lynching him.

Quite vague, don't you think? Give us ( mostly me ) a reason not to lynch you. I am quite tempted to vote you, but I mean, that's the worst defense speech I read, which makes me agree with Jock.

Marowit said:
I gave up the driving shift. In a car on phone so expect lousy formatting.

I'm not going to defend myself - the bandwagon on me is the laziest bandwagon I've seen. I don't lurk - I'm on a road trip. I'm not half assing my vote on fishy - I'm keeping it there until he hangs. I'm not a 'noob lynch' - I've been here for half a decade.

Fishy has actions that don't match his rationale. Voting me after suggesting lynching boobs makes little sense, and even separating myself the "let's lynch boobs" argument doesn't hold up. My pet theory is that he and Adaham are pack mates, so he posted that to get pressure off Adaham since he had most votes at that point. After that it's been many words but little substance posts.

I won't tolerate a sexist lynch, am I Chrystal Clear?
:lol:Call an ambulance I am dying of laughter :lol:
 

Dago Wolfrider

Sergeant Knight
Considered the hateful proposal of boobs, ehm noobs lynching, his lack of a proper defense speech, his illogical and still not explained vote, his not frequent and game relevant posts.

[color=limegreen ]Vote TheFlyingFishy[/color]
 

Dago Wolfrider

Sergeant Knight
Dago Wolfrider said:
Considered the hateful proposal of boobs, ehm noobs lynching, his lack of a proper defense speech, his illogical and still not explained vote, his not frequent and game relevant posts.

[color=limegreen ]Vote TheFlyingFishy[/color]

Unvote Xardob, Vote TheFlyingFishy

I pressed Post instead of Preview. My mistake.
 

NotAdaham

Knight
Xardob said:
Big McLarge-Huge said:
Well, we once were, and it was a massacre. So much that you got actually bored by it... :lol:
I remember once when we were in a pack with Bgfan and he sold us out over a leaked PM in the first day. We managed to fight things out quite well and Bgfan ended up winning the game in the final day. It was also the only game I remember no one accused us of being packmates, the irony. I don't remember the massacre one, must've been quite boring indeed.
True, I now remember. That was actually quite fun, trying to keep bgfan alive, while we sacrificed ourselves. I must have mixed it up with...

Well there was also tag team, but that doesn't count, it was a single role.
...that one. Yeah, tag team was a nice idea, but didn't really work.

You've got a good memory, though. I can't remember jack**** except the Castle of Horror, Tavern of Terror, and Black Death. Pure coincidence I hosted all of them  :iamamoron:



MaHuD doesn't like it because he wasn't there for the birth of it. Anyone who participated in that game gets the glory of Big Mclarge-Huge.
This is one of the few things I've actually bothered re-reading years later. That was a lot of fun, really! I still celebrate annually with a failed barrel roll  :iamamoron:

Marowit said:
I'm not a 'noob lynch' - I've been here for half a decade.
Date Registered: September 15, 2006, 12:37:41 AM
Hold my beer  :iamamoron:

Voting me after suggesting lynching boobs makes little sense, and even separating myself the "let's lynch boobs" argument doesn't hold up.
We tend to disagree a lot, but this is one of the few occasions where I'm totally with you. It really doesn't hold up, makes no sense, and - like you - I'm totally opposed to the idea of lynching boobs. And it is thanks to this understanding, that I am now also opposed to lynching you. In absence of Phone's phone, your musings on boobs are the next best thing!

My pet theory is that he and Adaham are pack mates, so he posted that to get pressure off Adaham since he had most votes at that point. After that it's been many words but little substance posts.
1) I sincerely love you for suspecting me every single game. I'm glad I'm that important in your life  :iamamoron:
2) Pressure?  :lol: Try hearing that you're probably going to lose your job two weeks after your son was born, and then we'll talk again about pressure. I couldn't give two flying f***s if all of you would have decided to lynch me on day 1. I mean, it's fun, I'm enjoying myself, and I'm still trying to be more than a distraction, but pressure? That's a good one  :lol:
 

Xardob

Count
Big McLarge-Huge said:
You've got a good memory, though. I can't remember jack**** except the Castle of Horror, Tavern of Terror, and Black Death. Pure coincidence I hosted all of them  :iamamoron:
I remember the best ones. Those three, TSN's, Whoopin's, the Allstars, the panda game, the one before that saw the birth of Phonemelter and random bits of a bunch of others. And the ones I hosted, of course.

Date Registered: September 15, 2006, 12:37:41 AM
Hold my beer  :iamamoron:
You've only been here a year longer than me? Somehow I thought it was longer.

lynching boobs makes little sense
Instant hall of fame moment right here.
 

Dago Wolfrider

Sergeant Knight
Big McLarge-Huge said:
My pet theory is that he and Adaham are pack mates, so he posted that to get pressure off Adaham since he had most votes at that point. After that it's been many words but little substance posts.
1) I sincerely love you for suspecting me every single game. I'm glad I'm that important in your life  :iamamoron:
2) Pressure?  :lol: Try hearing that you're probably going to lose your job two weeks after your son was born, and then we'll talk again about pressure. I couldn't give two flying f***s if all of you would have decided to lynch me on day 1. I mean, it's fun, I'm enjoying myself, and I'm still trying to be more than a distraction, but pressure? That's a good one  :lol:

Sad to hear that.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, why would he repeat the same reasoning two more times while Big McLarge-Huge was not under pressure :?:
I am tempted to change vote, but as Humongous said:
Voting me after suggesting lynching boobs makes little sense, and even separating myself the "let's lynch boobs" argument doesn't hold up.

We tend to disagree a lot, but this is one of the few occasions where I'm totally with you. It really doesn't hold up, makes no sense, and - like you - I'm totally opposed to the idea of lynching boobs. And it is thanks to this understanding, that I am now also opposed to lynching you. In absence of Phone's phone, your musings on boobs are the next best thing!
 

NotAdaham

Knight
Xardob said:
I remember the best ones. Those three, TSN's, Whoopin's, the Allstars, the panda game, the one before that saw the birth of Phonemelter and random bits of a bunch of others. And the ones I hosted, of course.
True, I have some memories of most of those, too, except the panda thing. Landy's fantasy-lands kinda eluded me, pity she's gone, though. We loved to hate each other  :iamamoron:

Date Registered: September 15, 2006, 12:37:41 AM
Hold my beer  :iamamoron:
You've only been here a year longer than me? Somehow I thought it was longer.
My friend...back then a year was loooooong. Nowadays it's "holy-****-another-year-has-passed?"

Nah, I remember quite clearly how you joined the club, it was my third or fourth game in. Back then that was a lot of advantage in experience, but yeah...here we are now talking about pizza and boobs 12 years later...life's good  :party:

lynching boobs makes little sense
Instant hall of fame moment right here.
Totally. If Llandy ever gets back, we have to have her add this to the dictionary as "pulling a catholic" or something like that  :lol:

Dago Wolfrider said:
Sad to hear that.
So was I, back then (that was almost a year ago). But thanks for your kind words. I managed the situation, and have gotten even more relaxed as a result of it. I might not be making the career I've dreamt of, but as long as I can feed my family and see my sunshine grow up to be a good human being, all's well  :grin: Bonus points for when my wife makes me Penne Bolognese  :wink:
 

Dago Wolfrider

Sergeant Knight
Big McLarge-Huge said:
Dago Wolfrider said:
Sad to hear that.
So was I, back then (that was almost a year ago). But thanks for your kind words. I managed the situation, and have gotten even more relaxed as a result of it. I might not be making the career I've dreamt of, but as long as I can feed my family and see my sunshine grow up to be a good human being, all's well  :grin: Bonus points for when my wife makes me Penne Bolognese :wink:

May he become as a good father as you, porcellini-amico.

This reminds me of one thing, @SootShade can I be the one cooking next or I have to have Jock lynched first? I am good at preparing different kind of pasta with different sauces :wink:.
 

MaHuD

Section Moderator
WBM&BNWWF&SVC
Marowit said:
I gave up the driving shift. In a car on phone so expect lousy formatting.

I'm not going to defend myself - the bandwagon on me is the laziest bandwagon I've seen. I don't lurk - I'm on a road trip. I'm not half assing my vote on fishy - I'm keeping it there until he hangs. I'm not a 'noob lynch' - I've been here for half a decade.

Fishy has actions that don't match his rationale. Voting me after suggesting lynching boobs makes little sense, and even separating myself the "let's lynch boobs" argument doesn't hold up. My pet theory is that he and Adaham are pack mates, so he posted that to get pressure off Adaham since he had most votes at that point. After that it's been many words but little substance posts.

Hmm yess laziest 'bandwagon'. You have had 30 hours to give a response mate, and there is only 18 hours left till the deadline. it is hardly a miracle that some votes are starting to clump up on two candidates for a lynch. And to top that of, one of three is a vote from the other candidate which would happen/stay regardless of role as Fishy shouldn't want to get lynched. In the entire week you have had to you to partake in the game, you have done nothing but make off-topic comments and once put a vote on fishy.
 

NotAdaham

Knight
vote for cook: Da Lupo

Dago Wolfrider said:
May he become as a good father as you, porcellini-amico.
Cheers, Lupo!  :grin:

Xardob said:
Only if you include some meat in there. Only pasta makes for a very bland meal.
Fun fact: until almost my mid-20s I ate pasta without any sauce. I've since made up for that by eating extra amounts of sauce to compensate for those lost years.
 

Dago Wolfrider

Sergeant Knight
Xardob said:
Only if you include some meat in there. Only pasta makes for a very bland meal.

I am not a vegetarian either, if someone is well I can prepare you a wonderful pasta ( must be served cool/cold ) with feta ( Greek cheese ), Cirio tomatoes ( small tomatoes ), chives and capers. Otherwise you can just use tuna instead of feta. It's one of the best pasta you can eat during summer. I am good with meat sauces too.

MaHuD said:
Marowit said:
I gave up the driving shift. In a car on phone so expect lousy formatting.

I'm not going to defend myself - the bandwagon on me is the laziest bandwagon I've seen. I don't lurk - I'm on a road trip. I'm not half assing my vote on fishy - I'm keeping it there until he hangs. I'm not a 'noob lynch' - I've been here for half a decade.

Fishy has actions that don't match his rationale. Voting me after suggesting lynching boobs makes little sense, and even separating myself the "let's lynch boobs" argument doesn't hold up. My pet theory is that he and Adaham are pack mates, so he posted that to get pressure off Adaham since he had most votes at that point. After that it's been many words but little substance posts.

Hmm yess laziest 'bandwagon'. You have had 30 hours to give a response mate, and there is only 18 hours left till the deadline. it is hardly a miracle that some votes are starting to clump up on two candidates for a lynch. And to top that of, one of three is a vote from the other candidate which would happen/stay regardless of role as Fishy shouldn't want to get lynched. In the entire week you have had to you to partake in the game, you have done nothing but make off-topic comments and once put a vote on fishy.

Good old MaHuD is back, right Xardob?
 

Troll

Duke
M&BWB
Dago Wolfrider said:
@SootShade can I be the one cooking next or I have to have Jock lynched first? I am good at preparing different kind of pasta with different sauces :wink:.
Well, if you can work with the ingredients we have left. You lot had better get this situation sorted out quick, or soon the only ones getting satisfying meals will be the wolves.
 

Dago Wolfrider

Sergeant Knight
Big McLarge-Huge said:
Fun fact: until almost my mid-20s I ate pasta without any sauce. I've since made up for that by eating extra amounts of sauce to compensate for those lost years.

Extra sauce for Big McLarge-Huge.

SootShade said:
Dago Wolfrider said:
@SootShade can I be the one cooking next or I have to have Jock lynched first? I am good at preparing different kind of pasta with different sauces :wink:.
Well, if you can work with the ingredients we have left. You lot had better get this situation sorted out quick, or soon the only ones getting satisfying meals will be the wolves.

Italians are really creative, so Fishy, ehm fish for everyone
:wink:
To be honest I love fishing, so bigoli with renga for everyone.

It's time to sleep for me, good night everyone.
 
Xardob said:
Interesting.

Hey Vieira, where are you? We need your vote over here.

Turns out work had lots of meetings and I spent very little time on anything else other than java.  :meh:
Code:
for(Bug b : oldBugs)
{
    b.solve();
    newBugs.add(new Bug());
    freeTime--;
}



I'll start off by saying my vote is saved for Fishy.

I aired my suspicions before and he has done very little to convince me otherwise. He makes a good point about Arch3rs tone but then phones in a lousy defense (it's either him or me so lunch him pls).However I realise if I put a vote on him that leaves the village only a hammer blow away from the end of the day and I would like a little bit more from Marowit before the day is ended.

Who happens to be the other most viable lynch. I can relate to he fact that he has been busy but that doesn't really excuse his vacuousness. He seems to think Fishy and Adahamster are packmates but he doesn't give much on that. I obviously agree with his views on Fishy but it's unclear exactly where his views on Adahamster originate (other than meme **** posting, which isn't a valid reason). I expect more posts from him but they better improveu



More posts coming later. Fell. Asleep writing this...
 

Dago Wolfrider

Sergeant Knight
The Doge of Benis said:
Xardob said:
Interesting.

Hey Vieira, where are you? We need your vote over here.

Turns out work had lots of meetings and I spent very little time on anything else other than java.  :meh:
Code:
for(Bug b : oldBugs)
{
    b.solve();
    newBugs.add(new Bug());
    freeTime--;
}



I'll start off by saying my vote is saved for Fishy.

I aired my suspicions before and he has done very little to convince me otherwise. He makes a good point about Arch3rs tone but then phones in a lousy defense (it's either him or me so lunch him pls).However I realise if I put a vote on him that leaves the village only a hammer blow away from the end of the day and I would like a little bit more from Marowit before the day is ended.

Who happens to be the other most viable lynch. I can relate to he fact that he has been busy but that doesn't really excuse his vacuousness. He seems to think Fishy and Adahamster are packmates but he doesn't give much on that. I obviously agree with his views on Fishy but it's unclear exactly where his views on Adahamster originate (other than meme **** posting, which isn't a valid reason). I expect more posts from him but they better improveu



More posts coming later. Fell. Asleep writing this...

I was joking about eating the lynched one.
 
I hope it's clear that section should have been in quotes as I was paraphrasing Fishys defence. It should have also said lynch.  :lol:
 
Top Bottom