[Werewolf] - Rediscovery - Wolf Victory!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Werewolf: Rediscovery

Out at the edge of civilization lie the ruins of an old abandoned village, one not so different from many others ruined by the very same scourge, of werewolves and their unsatiable hunger. Yet on this occasion a group has gathered, of various origins and talents, including many that profess to know how to 'hunt' a werewolf, to reclaim this particular village from the wolves. At the lead, calling together the expedition, is a man with quite some confidence in himself, and his experience in catching werewolves, by the name of SootShade. After being away for many long years he seeks to return to this home village of his, the site of many battles against the wolves – though some might question why he had to leave left in the first place, if his confidence is truly warranted.

It was a long trek to the village, far off from any major roads, and it is dubious if the leader will be able to deliver on any of his grand promises to bring the village back to life, but the expedition is yet in good cheer, now first catching sight of the small village. It is perhaps miraculous enough that SootShade has managed to bring together even this meager group of hopeful settlers and wolf hunters. Even at a glance it is clear to all in the group that werewolves are not the only issue they will have to overcome in order to bring the place back to life. With the long time that has passed since the place last had inhabitants the fields are barely distinguishable from the surrounding forests, and few buildings remain intact.

It is only when the group arrives at the clearing of muddy ground that marks the center of the village that they are forced to adjust their expectations somewhat. There, sat leisurely on a bench outside, as though not surrounded by ruins, is an old man apparently waiting for the group to arrive. Though unkempt in looks, the man otherwise appears to in good health as he shouts to the new arrivals: "About damn time! It's been too long since I last hunted on these grounds," he flashes a grin, one that could certainly be called wolfish, to the approaching group, "Not that I expect much from you lot, but I suppose I've watched this place alone long enough."

Momentarily confused, the entire group comes to a halt and start glancing at each other in search of answers. No one had thought that there would already be someone waiting in the village, much less an old man. The track there had seemed completely untraveled as well, and unless this fellow is in truth a werewolf himself it seems strange if he braved the woods instead. It's hard to think that one of the beasts would be so brazen as to appear in such a manner before a group with many hunters, reliant as they are on trickery during daylight, but eventually a young man, called Dago Wolfrider, speaks out the suspicion on everyone's minds: "What are we waiting for? Is this not one of the foes we seek? Could anyone else have survived alone in this place?"

"Wait a moment now. I know this one, and so will any wolf hunter worth their salt. If anyone is going to survive alone in a town infested by the beasts, it would be Xardob", SootShade speaks out reassuringly, stopping Dago and a few others that were already drawing their weapons. Soon some others begin nodding in agreement as well, as they see the resemblance. The old hunter might be past his best years, but there's still a sharp look in his eyes that can easily leave one unnerved.

"And I can scarce think of who might be more dangerous than him, if it should be the case that he has been taken by the curse as well. We might as well start with stringing him up", Marowit remarks. He might be abrasive, but it's correct enough to bring up the concern. Any experienced hunter has seen some of their comrades change sides and become a bloodthirsty monsters, though no one knows the cause for certain.

"Not happening. I'm not killing an old friend before we've at least had a drink and reminisced a little", Big McLarge-Huge, a man larger than average in size, growls out a response. Though usually jovial, the hunter now gives a brooding to the rest of the group. The discussion is finished just like that, as no one speaks up to contradict him, knowing of his mighty temper.

"It's getting to be late. We should find a place to set up, no?" Arch3r tentatively remarks, breaking the silence. SootShade nods, and glances over at Xardob as the old man is standing up, wondering if the veteran hunter doesn't have something prepared. The hunter does not disappoint, and gestures towards one of the larger buildings nearby, which appears to be mostly intact. The chief's home, recall those among the group that used to reside in the village, certainly large enough to house a group of this size. As they start moving towards the building, another hunter, MaHuD, breaks off to go check out the building from other angles. He appears satisfied as he soon returns: "It seems secure. There's plenty of open space to see any wolf that tries to approach during the night."

Thus in agreement, the group begins their preparations for the night. They clean up individual rooms for everyone – no one, especially a hunter, wants to share a room with someone they don't know, when expecting werewolves to be about. There's tension in the air, but in general the mood seems to be positive, now that they've finally reached their destination. Jock has turned out to be a fine cook during the journey, and so, despite their supplies having dwindled along the way, the group is still able to go to sleep with a good meal in their bellies.

Unfortunately the morning reveals that the meal was not quite enough for someone, as panicked shouts wake the whole group. Rushing into a room, the hunters find out that they are too late. Looking at what little remains of Moose!, scattered around the room as he is, most people come to an agreement that they are looking at the work of two werewolves. Poor Moose!, an old resident of the village, had simply been looking to return home. He'd been eager to witness the hunt for the monsters behind the village's ruin, but had been foolish to think that he could remain uninvolved.

"No one entered or left the building during the night", TheFlyingFishy, who'd discovered the corpse, vehemently declares. He was also the one that had been on watch during the time of the death, based on the freshness of the blood, and isn't eager to let any blame fall on himself: "You can go and look outside if you want, no new tracks or footprints."

"Then the wolves are already among us, and were since before we arrived", The Doge of Benis declares what everyone already knew to be the unfortunate truth. The realization causes panic for some, but the hunters at least appear somewhat calm even as they hear the news that might herald their deaths. A few even appear excited, as though they'd been waiting for such a tragedy to occur. It was certaily quite common for the werewolves to seek to blend in amongst their victims.

"Then your task is obvious enough, we've all done this before. Seek out the wolves, and try and get rid of someone before the day ends. Unless you prefer giving the wolves the first move", remarks SootShade, mysteriously relaxed, as if the situation didn't even affect him, whilst holding up some strong rope for all to see.

Players:
    1. Xardob - innocent, lynched on day 3
    2. Marowit - innocent, eaten by wolves during night 1
    3. Dago Wolfrider - innocent eaten on the eve of day 3
    4. Jock - innocent, lynched on day 2
    5. Arch3r
    6. MaHuD - innocent, eaten on the eve of day 3
    7. TheFlyingFishy - innocent, lynched on day 1
    8. The Doge of Benis
    9. Big McLarge-Huge - innocent, eaten by wolves during night 2

Roles:
    There are only two types of roles in the game. The seven innocents, and the two werewolves, each should have received one or the other of these two PMs:

Innocent said:
    You are a regular innocent.

You win when all werewolves are eliminated.

Werewolf said:
    You are a werewolf. Your packmate is player name.

You win when the werewolves are equal in number to innocent villagers.

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
    • You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.
    • There is no editing or removing of your posts. Please use the preview feature before you post.
    • There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings.
    • If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. 
    • Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
    • In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase.
    • As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
    • A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
    • Votes should be bolded and in the lime green color or they may not be counted (e.g. Vote:  Player).
    • Vote revocations should be bolded and in the lime green color or they may not be counted (e.g. Unvote: Player or Unvote).  Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
    • You may Vote:  No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
    • Votes/Unvotes that are bolded and lime greened correctly and are unambiguous (with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations) will count.
    • If no one has reached a majority of votes at deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
    • Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
    • Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the role of said player is revealed; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
    • Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
    • Votecounts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
    • If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
    • The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
    • Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
    • Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or on the 3rd day of no activity. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
    • Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night.
    • Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.
    • If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 24-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

reminisce with: Xardob

You remember that one time in the Inn with Babe McBarely-Legal?  :fruity:

2w9d50.jpg

Dago Wolfrider said:
Serious question:
Dead people can't post, right?
Correct. Thanks for pointing it out, I will be adding that bit back in.

I may have adapted the rules from a game where they specifically could. :iamamoron:

Ok, since everybody else is sleeping or simply in awe of my hunting skills, and since this is still page 1, I'm gonna take the opportunity and call game on page 1. Da(go) Wolf(rider) and the X-man are the pack. Of course they'll now try to frame me and get me killed, but that's ok, as it's not about me, but about WINNING for the GROUP! So once they slaughter me, purify your minds and take them out. I'll forgive you for getting swayed by their manipulative fangs, and that's ok, some of you are not so good at this, but again, that's ok, as long as we WIN in the end!

:party:

Big McLarge-Huge said:
Ok, since everybody else is sleeping or simply in awe of my hunting skills, and since this is still page 1, I'm gonna take the opportunity and call game on page 1. Da(go) Wolf(rider) and the X-man are the pack. Of course they'll now try to frame me and get me killed, but that's ok, as it's not about me, but about WINNING for the GROUP! So once they slaughter me, purify your minds and take them out. I'll forgive you for getting swayed by their manipulative fangs, and that's ok, some of you are not so good at this, but again, that's ok, as long as we WIN in the end!

No Big McLarge-Huge = No  :party:. So I won't vote for you, as long as you/someone else prove me wrong ( I am talking about the first sentence of this post ) or it is found out that you are a wolf.

In the meantime  :party:

Big McLarge-Huge said:
Now you're just trolling me. Damn, I won't be able to determine your role at all in this game. Congrats, you've mastered the first technique of Neoxardobism.

Big McLarge-Huge said:

Whoppin called, he wants his post back.  :iamamoron:

Also, clever way to distance yourself from you packmate.

Dago Wolfrider said:
No Big McLarge-Huge = No  :party:. So I won't vote for you, as long as you/someone else prove me wrong ( I am talking about the first sentence of this post ) or it is found out that you are a wolf.

Already appeasing your accuser because you know he's right? Come on man, fight back. Show some teeth, or less in this case.

Dago Wolfrider said:

Already appeasing your accuser because you know he's right? Come on man, fight back. Show some teeth, or less in this case.
[/quote]

There is no need to fight back an accusation(/probably joke) merely based on an avatar name I chose last September. Honestly, I already knew that someone would have made fun of/used it during this game (and the ones that I hope will take place), but what I did not expect was Da(go) Wolf(rider). Really funny  :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom