Weird map - cavalry can reach you!

Users who are viewing this thread

I have run several times in weird map around Zendar, it has river in middle which on player side cannot be climbed by cavalry (it seems there is a way to go around it on map edge but AI is to stupid for this).

This results I butchering which makes sick even me :twisted: - I run into party of Dark Knights which grouped in mass in river below me and let me slaughter them one by one, it remainded me of scene Battle of the Crater from movie Cold Mountain when Union troops get stuck in crater made by there own mine.

Difference is there aren't Confederate troops stopping Dark Knights getting up the slop - if morons only knew how to dismount!

It took me half a hour to slaughter them, another exploit I discovered if I move up and down they attempt to hit me even if I'm way to far and by doing this they open themselves for nice headshot by removing the shield.

But what pissed me the most was that after four trips to inventory to replenish my stock of arrows, bolts and javelin all I got was lousy warhorse and swayback at that! WTF? :evil:

Who took all the other stuff?? I did all the fighting, its mine!

I really liked Siege of Avalon in which you literally could get everything from corps, you didn't get much gold for it but...

True, the loot system really needs to be redone. I think you should get almost everything the enemy was wearing save for some percentage that may have been too badly damaged to be of any use. Then to balance things some, the hiring and upkeeping of an army should be way more expensive, including the cost of their new equipment when upgrading and the like. This would be likely to reduce the player's frustration somewhat.

Well, here is this same old discussion. But what the heck.

Dark Knights give off the least amount of loot as it is. I do think you should get the first pick at the loot, or the best stuff but only be able to take X # of items (your share) and your troops get the rest.

I agree, the loot system should be improved. If you manage to knock a rider off the horse, you should have a shot at getting that horse as loot. Also, you should be able to take any and all armor/weapons they carry. Athough I like the idea of badly damaged armor/weapons not having as much value. However, I don't want M&B to turn into another Diablo II in that respect.

This is a problem, because loot dominated battlefields in history, and if it would be realistic (loot shared by your merceneries and you get the best share) you would hoard piles of gold very quickly.

So right now it's being balanced only gameplay wise.

svart said:
This is a problem, because loot dominated battlefields in history, and if it would be realistic (loot shared by your merceneries and you get the best share) you would hoard piles of gold very quickly.

It is , but only because maintaining an army is way too cheap.

Kelpo said:
svart said:

It is , but only because maintaining an army is way too cheap.

... and you can't lose most of the stuff you acquired in contrast to the enemies stuff. so after having best armor + weapons you don't really spend money except for troops (if you need them :grin:). that is why i think you should be able to loot them "fully"/mostly and they should you. that's pretty fair and you will not end up using only the uberequipment after you got it but will be happy of good armor as well as it won't hurt that much if you lose it.

still kinda offtopic i guess :wink:

ivan, if you are sick of killing enemies trapped in their own stupidity, why don't you show them a way how they can reach/kill you :twisted:
so you get a little more thrill and fun.

Kelpo said:
True, the loot system really needs to be redone. I think you should get almost everything the enemy was wearing save for some percentage that may have been too badly damaged to be of any use.

Hey, even destroyed equipment can be sold for scrap metal! :lol:

codewright said:
ivan, if you are sick of killing enemies trapped in their own stupidity, why don't you show them a way how they can reach/kill you :twisted:
so you get a little more thrill and fun.

I tried but when I kill there horse so they could climb they attack me. :cry:

Yeah, the loot goes to ... I don't know where :evil: . I took down ALONE , in a 24 party , 35 Black Knights and Hunters , and all I've got was a f*****g bow. A bow , when they only used 2H , lance, and axes. When I was fighting with allieds , I got 2 heavy cheargers & stuff.
In those days , the bigest part of the knights took the horse , the equipment AND RANSOM money from the defeated. Why can't we do the same here?

What I hate the most, is when they bowl your ass over and completely own you, and, say you had 100K, they take like 50K your horse and anything else in your inventory, then five seconds later when you wake up (I have a bad habit of doing this) Extremely pissed, you go back solo since all your guys are now prisoners, actually pay attention this time and slay all thier asses, then at the loot screen you get maybe 100 gold and some rusty weapons.
Wtf? Where's the 50K they just stole? Or my horse? I mean I leave plenty of horses wandering around without there little Dark Knight buddy, that's how I win, on a horse.
I mean they haven't had but one hour since they ownt you, and now you just slayed them all, not to mention your not near any towns, so, is the ground a secret merchant or something?

I've never understood that,
I mean, all your buddys are currently prisoners, so, it's not like they get it?
The looting system should be a bit more.. Erm.. Dunno real I suppose?
I hate bringing that whole realizm crap in but damn, when they steal that much and don't go to any towns, then what'd they do with the massive amount of money they stole? Do they eat gold?
=O !
Omg money cannibls
/rant
>_>

Ghost: Here's your explanation.

Those guys who bowled you over are really big stoners. They looted your gold and bought pounds and pounds of hash. They didn't kill your former hirelings because everyone got extremely blazed and they all got friendly and chill together, watching cartoons like Family Guy and laughing all ****ing night and eating boxes of donuts from Krispy Kreme until 4 in the morning. That's where all your gold went. And that also explains why you caught up with them a few hours later with their pants down and owned their stoned asses. Nobody fights well when they're stoned.

Yep. Except back then they called it "royal herb".

Either that, or they totally just bought X-Boxes and played Halo 2 until you rode up. That's why you owned them, because they were all pissy at getting thrashed by noobs with needlers and SMGs, because they suck balls at aiming the battle rifle and keep killing themselves with rocket launchers. "By the crown! That dude totally h4xx0rz! fegg0t!" They probably bought ale and sausage and **** too. Usually Splinter Cell will do the trick too.

Back
Top Bottom