Weekly Saturday Shieldbattle [EU] (Dead and Buried)

Users who are viewing this thread

Clan/Legion name: Prima Cohortis
Approximate attendance: 5
Desired class: (light infantry, infantry, heavy (elite) infantry, cavalry, skirmisher): light infantry / infantry
Forum thread/Website: None
Steam/Forum contacts: http://steamcommunity.com/id/topsat/

Topsat said:
Clan/Legion name: Prima Cohortis
Approximate attendance: 5
Desired class: (light infantry, infantry, heavy (elite) infantry, cavalry, skirmisher): light infantry / infantry
Forum thread/Website: None
Steam/Forum contacts: http://steamcommunity.com/id/topsat/

Noted and added on steam.

I apologise for missing hosting the 2nd of July event as my eyes couldn't take staring at a screen at the time. I'm posthumously canceling it. Come to a properly hosted event next week!

I am unable to host the event today in 2½ hours. I know this comes rather late, but I'm looking for a replacement host for this one time.

Edit: A host has been found.

Edit #2: Didn't turn out too well without me, next event returns to normal.

Poll!
Should the rules be stricter, along the likes of many linebattles? Should there be formation, fighting, movement and such rules, or not?
The current rules are fairly lenient.

But my Alala though.

Ahem. I'm up for stricter rules, but out of curiosity if this does take into effect will they be more lenient to those playing as the barbarian factions (i.e. Celts)?

Déorláf said:
But my Alala though.

Ahem. I'm up for stricter rules, but out of curiosity if this does take into effect will they be more lenient to those playing as the barbarian factions (i.e. Celts)?

To avoid issues and confusion, I'd say all factions would follow the same rules.

KickingJoub said:
Poll!
Should the rules be stricter, along the likes of many linebattles? Should there be formation, fighting, movement and such rules, or not?

I'm for it. Not sure how well it works without vocal communication, however.

Yngvald said:
I'm for it. Not sure how well it works without vocal communication, however.

It won't to the level of the Formations Event (or shieldwall events of Vikingr), so voip shouldn't be needed. Going to be recruiting more event-admins though, to make sure things run smoothly. As for the Formations Event, the plan is to thaw it out when the next version comes out.

KickingJoub said:
Poll!

I like the rules as they are now. They are far more pragmatic, and requires less admin/host input. Becouse the admin/host is acctually there to play aswell. It should be up to clans to figure out what kind of formation they want, how they move, and such. From what I have seen, most clans prefer to slam their head into a brickwall and use formations that has proved again and again to not work instead of trying something else.

aka git gud

romicus said:
Becouse the admin/host is acctually there to play aswell.

For which I preserve the right, since I own the server and handle the setting up of the event (not to mention all comments :dead:). Hell no am I going to be the only pay2player and then sit around in spectator all event :evil:

There was, at one point.

And yeah, I agree with dear romicus, and I believe that the rules have worked fairly well so far.

P.S should thre be a "show votes" button?

jepekula said:
There was, at one point.

And yeah, I agree with dear romicus, and I believe that the rules have worked fairly well so far.

P.S should thre be a "show votes" button?

No, I'm actually keeping the votes as super sekrit until it's too late to be swayed by previous opinions! The current plan is to start up the monthly Formation events again, and some other, fancier stuff, later on #hype.

Back
Top Bottom