SP Native [WB] Wülf (dieded)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks Slawomir, I'll definitely have to take that all into consideration. What you said about seasons is true, and I decided that I more than likely won't change any current party scenes, because making four scenes for every existing scene is one hell of a lot of work. Two other options crossed my mind as well, but I disregarded them as feasible options. For all those diligently curious, those ideas were:
1. Use the existing winter scenes for all winter scenes and likewise with summer stuff. (Ruled out because of the different looks of settlements, and because the castle's shapes would change)
2. Make snowy retextures of all the castle/town scene props, and replace_object the existing stuff with the same model with a snowy texture via the mission templates. (Ruled out because ground texture wouldn't change.)

About the era shift, I planned to just change troop trees with a script, because it's easier to do, and that way if I want to expand/shrink the troop trees I won't have to make another code to switch over the upgrade paths.  :razz:

Random idea: Howsabout maybe after a total of 30-120 overall days of peace (Not sure what number would be best for balance between happening too quick and too late) there's a time period switch? What with all the peaceful trade etc and flourishing economies.

Populations would also be nice, and simple enough. Start out with a base population, check when a lord gets more troops, take 'em away from his fief or his Kings', raise population with the less war they're having and lower it at random intervals of plague.

Great! I was reading a book last year some time, about some girl in Normandy, just before the 100 years war, and she had some random hawk. The first 5/6 chapters were all about the daily life of living in a castle. If there could be some sort of life given to a castle it'd be great. Having positions in the castle, and having those people being able to be trained to do their jobs better. EG: An apprentice cook learns off a master chef that you temporarily hire from the capital.

Alec{zacool} said:
Great! I was reading a book last year some time, about some girl in Normandy, just before the 100 years war, and she had some random hawk. The first 5/6 chapters were all about the daily life of living in a castle. If there could be some sort of life given to a castle it'd be great. Having positions in the castle, and having those people being able to be trained to do their jobs better. EG: An apprentice cook learns off a master chef that you temporarily hire from the capital.
Eh, this I'm not too sure about. I want all the speshul features to be either automatic or very simple. Native Expansion, for example, has some incredible features, but the reason I couldn't get into it was because there was too much stuff that I imagined it'd be easy to overload on information, like all the guilds in the cities, having to hire people to be able to do certain things... I want this mod to be easy to use, and be a generally accepted improvement on Native all around, so I'm trying for features that are relatively neutral (for example, the weather/seasons) that I can't really see anybody objecting to. I could just put a ****ton of toggle options in the camp menu, but that's still too... "unprofessional" for this mod, IMO.

Ruthven said:
BadabombadaBang said:
This is all very innovative. I would love to see this get off the ground.

The seasonal changes sound doable. Maybe a map change through a sequence of text?
Not possible, I'm almost certain.
I swore i thought SD thought i twas possible (Saxon dragon)

i liek it.

But now, seriously. If you can pull through with the four seasons, and all the other cool weather stuff, I will get the mod and play it 'till I can't feel my fingers! Sounds awesome :grin:

Skot the Sanguine said:
Perhaps it is good you get back into modding....let those wounds I have inflicted upon you heal  :lol:

Sounds interesting though, look forward to seeing it.
Who says I left it? A three month break in modding is by no means a large stretch of time, and I was still working on **** the whole while, just not anything public.

Lil' update and roadblock here; the game pulls the ground textures for random scenes from the main map, meaning that I'll have to make custom built scenes. That means there will be less variation (right now I'm using 7 different scenes for each plain/forest type battle) but the scenes will look better. But yeah, expect to fight on the same terrain a few times. I can leave normal plains well enough alone, so they'll still be random, but oh well. Can't have everything now can you.

There might yet be some way around it though, I just haven't found it yet.

Mebbe I'll get some funzie screens of an autumn forest for ye. (Sexiest forests around they are.)

Ruthven said:
There might yet be some way around it though, I just haven't found it yet.

Mebbe I'll get some funzie screens of an autumn forest for ye. (Sexiest forests around they are.)

Why, that'd cheer me right up again!  :grin:

Settlements from Custom settlements could be used for different seasons. If you could get some of the members, that make setlements for that mod, to help you here you might even have special scene for each season (and perhaps adding some new locations to the map).

It's doable if you get enough workforce  :wink:

SXIII said:
Settlements from Custom settlements could be used for different seasons. If you could get some of the members, that make setlements for that mod, to help you here you might even have special scene for each season (and perhaps adding some new locations to the map).

It's doable if you get enough workforce  :wink:
I didn't say it wasn't, I said I couldn't be arsed. :razz:

I had an idea :grin: lol, since you called your mod Wulf and it has nothing to do with the actual features :grin:
Y0u can add this feature.
Every 30 days, about 50 parties of werewolves are spawned all over the map. About 3 in each party (but almost unbeatable) And if you run into them while a low level. BB with you army :grin: and one more thing. They should disappear after that. The wolves i could work on some texture if i have time (I'm willing to make a kick-ass model for these units) ofc... all this if you actually want to implement this.
I had the idea since you want a season change.

AAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY. Good luck mate i really hope this works out for you dude (it'll be epic anyway :grin:)

MISHO said:
I had an idea :grin: lol, since you called your mod Wulf and it has nothing to do with the actual features :grin:
Y0u can add this feature.
Every 30 days, about 50 parties of werewolves are spawned all over the map. About 3 in each party (but almost unbeatable) And if you run into them while a low level. BB with you army :grin: and one more thing. They should disappear after that. The wolves i could work on some texture if i have time (I'm willing to make a kick-ass model for these units) ofc... all this if you actually want to implement this.
I had the idea since you want a season change.

Please, no. Werewolves using human skeleton and animations just look horrible. In M&B as well as in Oblivion. I loved the Werewolves in Morrowind, though.

Ruthven said:
Lil' update and roadblock here; the game pulls the ground textures for random scenes from the main map, meaning that I'll have to make custom built scenes.
Concerning textures and models. They aren't stored in the savegame, are they? So, in theory it would be possible to store a winter and a summer version of each texture (helluva work!) and (in case of trees) model in two .brf files that share the same name and just have the user swap between these two as time goes by? I'm thinking of some kind of in-game message: "My Lord! Winter is approaching! Get a warm coat. Afterwards, go to your C:\Programme\Mount&Blade\Modules\wuelf\Resource\Winter directory and copy&paste its contens into the resource folder. Click yes when asked to overwrite. Restart M&B afterwards."

I must admit I have not tried that yet. Maybe its impossible...

Heh, that'd work yeah, but I'd rather not. Though all I'd have to do is change the map really, which is just replacing one text file. I wish there was a way to make the game do it, but the map is one of the only things not affected by the module system.

Back
Top Bottom