SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Should Hornburg be a castle or a town?

• Town

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Castle

Votes: 90 48.1%
  • Town, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Castle, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 45 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Those stairs in the second image don't look particularly Orcish, but I guess you probably know that. The scene definitely also needs some billowing black smoke. You probably know that, too.

Otherwise, nice work.

Docm30 said:
Those stairs in the second image don't look particularly Orcish, but I guess you probably know that. The scene definitely also needs some billowing black smoke. You probably know that, too.

Ok, I love the props(did you make them yourself?) and everything there is - the pit positioning, locations, it all fits in.
Now the thing I'd point out other than what Docm said up there is that on the third picture you can see the big emptyness between the last hill/something to the wall. I'd fill that up, but everything else looks very nice and certainly painful to make...Just put huge amounts of black smoke and it'll all be covered up  :wink:

There is also the walls being weird, you should change the textures to a more stoney one. Nice work though.

Belendor said:
There is also the walls being weird, you should change the textures to a more stoney one. Nice work though.

Now that you point it out, yeah the ring of Isengard is supposed to be made of regular stones, not the black sort Orthanc is made of. Tolkien also describes Orthanc as being rather shiny, so I'd add some specular to it.

It also seem to lack those kind of towers. Looking a bit like arrows pointing out. Or is that just me?

Like shown here:
url

Oh my god Isengard ! Where is Saruman and his stupids orc and huruk Ai army  :mrgreen:
With a dark sky and some fire effects it's will be perfect ! Geniaaal Work !

Jarvissimo i will send you some of my scenes.

This is fantastic, Keep up the great work.
Also I think I will be trying to make a map resembling the Fords of Isen where Theodred got ambushed.

Jarvy doesn't do little updates, he only gives us information when it's actually necessary, and when he does it's normally about stuff important like him finishing Isengard. I don't really need visual proof to know that he is working on the mod.

Well, some parts of the forum are admittedly not so active, but if you want to come on and post whenever then you are free to do so. We also go on the steam group chat a lot since it's fun and makes it easier to talk to people.

Back
Top Bottom