SP Antiquity [WB] SUMO PARS - STARTING OVER

Users who are viewing this thread

caprera said:
Thanks Deyshawn, but at the time of the first try, Fraoliva and me decided that would have been better not to set any precise timeline, nor span.
We wanted to have more options and justify a little less historical attention with much more gameplay.

Same reason to reject your suggestion: giving players the possibility to choose a path rather than a blind choice was part of the main idea.
Picturing a "barbarian" that guided by will and/or events ends up in one of the two sides (hence the title) sounded much more interesting to me. Not to mention that the setting itself suggests a rather grey border between what was Roman and what was not. Here's why as well i waited so much before starting the thread itself: it took time to write down notes about the many items like encouters or places, as well as conversations and characters that should have been the motor for the choice along the road. Don't get it wrong anyway, this is just as i thought it.

However, now that i gave up because of my work, it's up to Fraoliva to make eventual choices, so many things could be changed and/or improved.
You wouldn't happen to have any notes on your computer that you could PM me, would you?  Because I'm thinking I'll end up as the story/dialog writer.  And I'll try to honor the original vision; it's certainly a neat idea.  What did you plan on doing with the Roman Empire to weaken it enough to not crush the barbarians?

That was coding work, and why the mod stopped in the first place.

I asked for help to the diplomacy mod team and something similar to what i imagined and suggested to get what i wanted here, was made for that mod afaik; we were already off by then anyway...

As i said before i'm on holiday and i don't have the other computers with me atm. I will get back home in Italy this weekend at the earliest and i will have some time for a quick search.

If you'll be in the team then Fraoliva himself will be able to show you what i found :wink:

Great news everybody

Everything's going much better than what I had planned (it was basically me modelling in a dark room, alone and waiting for someone to get interested  :lol: )

The news are:

- We've got a coder, and he will be anonymous for the time being;

- I've been working on some nice models to replace those that got old (and were never very good, to be honest)

- And... oh, that's it.

Expect it to live on.  We'll work on the dark, but we'll be there.

Oh, and @GothicKnight, can we still use some of the models you've made for the mod, and if we can't find them, could you send them over?  :mrgreen:

and @Deyshavin, yes, you are in, you can work as historical researcher, or story-teller, tell me via PM, and we'll settle it  :wink:

Thanks everybody, signing out

Hello everyone, sorry for double posting, but it is for good news...

Preview and early alpha credits

Yes, we are nearing an alpha!

Our Coder (who will remain anonymous), has already managed to succesfully implement 11 factions, and is currently working on troop trees and items implementation for them.

So here I post a little WIP credit list, with pretty much everything we added/are adding to our mod.

Credits

Dedicated In Memory of caprera
The man behind the mod, so to speak. He started the mod, and his idea is what drives this mod forward. Also, we're grateful for his many textures/ reskins, and for the occasional hello.

The Team

fraoliva - Team Leader, Public Relations and 3d Graphics

Deyshawn - Historical Research, Storyteller, and Dialogue Writer

anonymous - Coder, Module development

Special Thanks to -

Gothic Knight - Has been a tremendous help from the project's start, whether from doing some 3d modelling/texturing, or by offering historical expertise. And just being cool in general

Kolba, and the Song of Taliesin Team- Has generously granted permission to use resources from the "Song of Taliesin" mod.

Special thanks for help and contributions -

Abduva - optimization of Polished Landscapes

CounterPoint - 3d graphics

Included Works - in full or part

Battlefield Priests - by Yamabusi

Better Horses Alpha - by saregona [PENDING PERMISSION]

Bridge Battles - by Arch3r

Expanded Horizons - by openshaw

Flying Missile Replacer - by James

Havoc's Bow Retextures - by Havoc

Improved Male Faces - Iboltax

OSP Hair Project - by Jaymosuke (with additional credit to the original creators from TESNexus,
Throttlekitty, Ren, Rosesim, Nouk and Aligeth)

Panoramic Mod - by theWitcher (with additional credit to Soil)

Pino Armor Pack - by pino69 (with additional credit to Nertea and Narf)

Polished Buildings - by gutekfiutek [PENDING PERMISSION]

Polished Landscapes - by gutekfiutek

Polished Skyboxes Addon - Charon

Real Water - by CptJoker

Realistic Colors - by Lucke189

Rock n Mountain Pack V2 - by Goosemaner

Rus Armor Pack - by Narf

Sibylla's Pack - by Sibylla

Thel's Face Pack - by Thel

Unique Armory - by talak

Viking Model Pack - by dejawolf

If I forgot to credit anyone, please take a moment to PM me, and I will add your name to the list. Also, if you see your name on here and you don not wish to be, PM me and your name will be taken down and your content removed from Sumo Pars.

And, as I know people want to see pics (or it didn't happen) , here's a preview of item implementation on our alpha. The important there is the helmet made by CounterPoint quite some time ago, the rest is placeholder, until we get all the stuff that Caprera gathered.

alphabarbariancav1.jpg

alphabarbariancav2.jpg

Cheers!

Oooh! Excitement! Also, have you contacted the Brytenwalda team? You might be able to use a few of those items. The less models you have to make, after all, the more you can concentrate on coding in lovely new gaming features...

fraoliva said:
  Great news everybody

Everything's going much better than what I had planned (it was basically me modelling in a dark room, alone and waiting for someone to get interested  :lol: )

The news are:

- We've got a coder, and he will be anonymous for the time being;

- I've been working on some nice models to replace those that got old (and were never very good, to be honest)

- And... oh, that's it.

Expect it to live on.  We'll work on the dark, but we'll be there.

Oh, and @GothicKnight, can we still use some of the models you've made for the mod, and if we can't find them, could you send them over?  :mrgreen:

and @Deyshavin, yes, you are in, you can work as historical researcher, or story-teller, tell me via PM, and we'll settle it  :wink:

Thanks everybody, signing out

I'm not sure if I have them any more..

Not really too sure if you guys are interested, but I just ported my Spangenhelm model in-game. I think some Limetanei can use it(without the chain aventail).
mb3uk.jpg
mb1j.jpg
mb2mh.jpg

Im  pretty sure this thread is dead, but if its not, i could scene build for you guys.

Back
Top Bottom