SP Antiquity [WB] SUMO PARS - STARTING OVER

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to ask around if anybody could help about a matter of importance about the map Vahadar is going to finish these days.

We are missing the bridges...  :mrgreen: and we can't find some clear/precise indications where to put them, so if anybody has links and such it would be really appreciated !

Worst autumn start ever @ work...

Btw i kept working on at least on the historical part and i'm also waiting for some news in the modding of the game to implement some ideas we thought about.

If you want some eye candies you don't have to ask me but Fraoliva  :mrgreen:

I wanted to advise anybody still interested in this project that everything must be considered idle until further notice. I have too many commitments at the moment, with some spare moments to come here and see the progress of other mods, but not to work on my own.

****/Real life happens...  :???:

Meh, it's this time of the year again  :???: Either modders started to show more of their works or shut down, they always do it ~ 1 month before Christmas.

This is the most disappointing news of this mod since my discovering that it indeed had nothing to do with sumo wrestling.

Light humor aside, hope to see you back at the workbench soon.

LOL
Kellorkleft said:
This is the most disappointing news of this mod since my discovering that it indeed had nothing to do with sumo wrestling.
I thought about it when i had already written down the title but then was too late.

On the other hand i haven't seen any hilarious comments about it since the start and that was strange as i expected much more derisions at the time...

Hey people! 

Finally, after a while without anything showing up, I managed to get back to the mod!

So here is my newest model, of a roman guard Helmet!

guardhelmet.jpg

guardhelmet2.jpg

And, for the daily scare, the model with my own placeholder texture, for colour understanding (not for the faint of heart)
guardhelmetplaceholdert.jpg

Really sorry for that texture: WIP, the final texture will be better, MUCH better.

It's 770 triangles, Uvmapped, etc etc...

That's it for today!

P.S. - I was almost retiring from modeling, was even stopping some other work...  :roll:  But I'm still on, working here now, and on what I feel like, freelancing, heh...  :cool:

Welcome back. I don't really feel like modeling atm for OSPes or my mod, but I'm glad to see you're back. Making random things you like can be fun and detract from getting bored making items based on one time era. For an example, I made this 4th-3rd Century B.C Italian helm.
9c4c135b88544344914e029.jpg
94672463.jpg
Still, if you guys need any help, ask, even though I suspect the problem is finding coders/researchers.

Gothic Knight said:
...even though I suspect the problem is finding coders/researchers.

Indeed. We do not have any coder. So it pretty much means that we have the stuff, but we can't quite implement them...

Community Support:  I Invoke you!  :mrgreen:

But caprera is too busy to be our leader right now, so it wouldn't make much difference right now, you see...

I also thought about it, but it seems that the equipment of the legions changed quite a lot over those 150~ years or so.... But maybe I could build one as a ceremonial "remember the old times for a parade" helmet, because I like those models a lot. 

I'm not very much acquainted with the historic context there, so I prefer to work on what concept I got from researchers and caprera.

And that guard helmet I saw on a concept picture right there at the "Imperium Graecorum" mod thread. It's quite the same timespan, and I saw that the style was pretty much the same from other concept I have, so I made something similar to that. Hope it's OK  :wink:

I think I'll work on barbarian equipment now, or even structures, I'll see...

fraoliva said:
I also thought about it, but it seems that the equipment of the legions changed quite a lot over those 150~ years or so.... But maybe I could build one as a ceremonial "remember the old times for a parade" helmet, because I like those models a lot. 

I'm not very much acquainted with the historic context there, so I prefer to work on what concept I got from researchers and caprera.

And that guard helmet I saw on a concept picture right there at the "Imperium Graecorum" mod thread. It's quite the same timespan, and I saw that the style was pretty much the same from other concept I have, so I made something similar to that. Hope it's OK  :wink:

I think I'll work on barbarian equipment now, or even structures, I'll see...

It honestly depends on the date. The armor/helms could be old items passed on/sold to your character. If it is in the 4th century, some legionaries/auxilia still could be using them.

Back
Top Bottom