SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Docm30 said:
Apparently polydactylism in white people is usually an autosomal recessive inheritance trait, which means both parents need to have the gene for the child to get the disorder. As siblings have the same genes, incest would be a pretty good explanation. And boy was incest rampant in her family.

I'm really good at English, and I had to read your first couple of words a few times till I got it. Kudos.
And yeah there was a Jaime/Cercei thing going on all the time with the Ptolemies

If you don't mind my asking... how are we doing as far as mod scripting enhancements?

IE: Diplomacy, Fief management & Development, Battle Continuation, Ship-based combat scene conversion, etc.

Number 1 problem with mods... they loose mood steam after prolonged "perfect" development, until they whither and get left on a few of the modder's hard drive.

The ones that actually make it to release are typically released in early early stages and the releases fuel its perfection.

Revanstein said:
Number 1 problem with mods... they loose mood steam after prolonged "perfect" development, until they whither and get left on a few of the modder's hard drive.

The ones that actually make it to release are typically released in early early stages and the releases fuel its perfection.
not true,1257ad was in development for 5 and more years,also what would you do with the mod if you are modeller ,texturer and your other member is modeler,i am without coder bro.

Have you put out an advert for a permanent coder? I'm sure someone would step up from the community if they were aware. I  will also ask if any of the Rome at War guys can help, if that would be of assistance to you.

There are exceptions... but that's it... exceptions.  Considering how many mod initiatives there are that the public never got to see anything more than a variable number of screenshots... I'd say the exceptions occupy 1% or less (literally).

I'm not bashing on ANY mods, only recognizing the reality of mods losing steam over extended development period (especially and almost completely with small-team mod development).

I consider its occupational-risk.

Horton said:
Have you put out an advert for a permanent coder? I'm sure someone would step up from the community if they were aware. I  will also ask if any of the Rome at War guys can help, if that would be of assistance to you.
i never did,but i have a good reason for that,coder will never do stuff for you,its the one who starts the mod mostly,because he must be in love with the mod so he can put countless hours into that.i dont need code here and there,i need coder like Slawomir,Dr thomas and these guys,thats not gonna happen .

Yeah, Swyter is a very decent guy. Also, you shouldn't ask for a "full-time" coder. My suggestion would be to divide the coding bits of the mod in segments into your mind. For example, "I need mini mods, like sea battles or merchantilism mod implemented" one segment, "I need new quests and I know what would they be" segment two and so on until you cover every coding you need. Then you can as for help one thing at a time. You will finish your project and you won't need a full time coder, which is hard to come across. If you ask for help from some guys here, you'll get it. I asked Cernunos, author of Rigale mod(many times) for coding help, suggestions advice and other and he was always helpful, even when I know I got on his nerves with my noob skills. Same goes for other guys, they are always helpful.

I have been following this mod for a very long time. Maybe it'll make you at least somewhat happy knowing that there are 2 people (my cousin and I) guaranteed to download this mod :smile:

Iv'e also been following here for as long as I can remember.  Really routing for you guys! whats done so far looks incredible and this time period is so interesting

Back
Top Bottom