B Native [WB] Race Wars - Bloodshed - Open Beta Download Link on page 29!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ich muss sagen der Mod....    ist scheißen gut gelungen! :grin: Die neuen Texturen: Unglaublich! Die neuen Waffen: Unglaublich! Die neuen Fraktionen: Unglaublich. Der mod ist wirklich sehr gut gelungen, dafür das er in der Beta Phase ist.

J.R. said:
Ich muss sagen der Mod....    ist scheißen gut gelungen! :grin: Die neuen Texturen: Unglaublich! Die neuen Waffen: Unglaublich! Die neuen Fraktionen: Unglaublich. Der mod ist wirklich sehr gut gelungen, dafür das er in der Beta Phase ist.

Hi J.R.
du schreibst hier gerade im Englischen Forenteil. Es wäre von Vorteil wenn du uns deine Meinung in diesem Teil auf Englisch schreiben könntest. Andernfalls nutze doch bitte das deutsche Forum.

For the english speaking people: I only told him to write his opinion in english otherwise he should use the german topic for this.

m.f.G. Killer

J.R. said:

Thx Killer. Mainly he says that the mod is amazing :wink:
Thx for that, J.R.

Then they stole that picture from the game "Icewind Dale (2)", where I got it from. And Icewind Dale came long long before Civ 4 :wink:
Could be that this picture already was in Baldurs Gate too, dunno.

I have several questions:
- will non human races have different custom castles? (like default castles are totally unsuitable for demons)
- will those dungeon you showed be avalaible also in single player? (like bandit lairs, preferably even more complex)
- will elephants be avalaible for riding?
- will be there new quests?
- how much ammo repeater crossbows have? :razz:

John Xenir said:
I have several questions:
- will non human races have different custom castles? (like default castles are totally unsuitable for demons)
Of course. Demons for example get ruined versions of the castles of other factions, with demonic stone and demonic symbols on them. Ratmen mainly have caves and so on. one Ratman Castle can be seen in the siege Event videos (first post)
- will those dungeon you showed be avalaible also in single player? (like bandit lairs, preferably even more complex)
Yea, there will be dungeons in singleplayer.
- will elephants be avalaible for riding?
Of course, Anubites have Elephant Riders.
- will be there new quests?
Sure.
- how much ammo repeater crossbows have? :razz:
Same amount as normal crossbows, but two bolts are loaded into it so you can shoot twice. Also, ammo is a bit different in our mod than in native. While in Native, with better ammo, you get a bit more damage, in RWB you mainly get more ammo when buying better ammo. So a normal Bolt Pack has 19 Bolts while a pack of Steel Bolts has a damage bonus and 29 Bolts (Add one that is loaded into the crossbow to each pack)
It will take some time before we get to singleplayer though. It will come after we are done with the multiplayer things.

But is riding elephants even possible?

All these races have their own locations or some of them are like bandits?

Only two bolts? Not sure if it could be called repeater, if you can fire only two instead of 1.

John Xenir said:
But is riding elephants even possible?
Sure, as I said, we already have it. They are like normal horses, more or less. (Bigger and doing more damage) There is a video about them too where you can see it, check the first page.

All these races have their own locations or some of them are like bandits?
All Factions will be real Factions with Towns, a King and so on, yea.

Only two bolts? Not sure if it could be called repeater, if you can fire only two instead of 1.
Yea, only two, because otherwise it would be really op. Two bolts works fine, together with a relatively fast reload time. Also, this is kind of a prototype of a repeater crossbow, so that's why you can "only" put two bolts in. Two bolts is already a big advantage against normal crossbows, btw.

Small update: Working on Invasion atm, fixing some bugs and adding something really special. Also, it will become harder. Atm, it is really too easy. In the next version, we will also have Mages and so on for the invaders, for example a ratman mage that can make normal Ratmen go crazy and deal more damage or something. This will hopefully add some tactics to the game mode. (Kill the mages first, or they will summon more warriors or something)

Sounds good. Again what would makes this mod special is the diversity between the factions. Which should only be made bigger I think :wink:.

However elephants in video were rather small. Also, elephants are only mammals unable to jump.

About the 2 bolts, I don't think is that huge advantage, after all, the arrows are easy to block with shield and you need to reaim anyway, so it doesn't really improve speed regarding to bows. And in case of only two bolts in the "magazine", there would make more sense to make double crossbow (with two strings) instead. Like two-barreled guns was also common.

Sorry to bother with techincal stuff, but I always notice these details which stand out :razz:

John Xenir said:
However elephants in video were rather small. Also, elephants are only mammals unable to jump.

About the 2 bolts, I don't think is that huge advantage, after all, the arrows are easy to block with shield and you need to reaim anyway, so it doesn't really improve speed regarding to bows. And in case of only two bolts in the "magazine", there would make more sense to make double crossbow (with two strings) instead. Like two-barreled guns was also common.

Sorry to bother with techincal stuff, but I always notice these details which stand out :razz:
Yea, the elephants cant be made bigger :sad: The problem is, that the hitboxes are messed up totally when the elephants are bigger. You can't hit them any more then. And invincible mounts is a bad idea :wink:
And I can't make them unable to jump, that's hardcoded in the engine.

About the two bolts: Believe me, the repeater crossbow is very very good, if you can play good. And, as I said, the empire does research on weapons and the repeater crossbow is like a prototype that is tested in the fields. And it works great :wink: And about beeing technically correct: It's a fantasy mod :wink:

I used my morning to do some work on Invasion: All factions are made a bit more difficult, and I removed the score and the time overlay from the top of the screen, it was not used anyway. Also, you can now turn off the fog when hosting a server. I will make some more small changes, but work on invasion mode is more or less finished for this version, I will add more features later of course, like buildable scene props on predefined places and a giant, usable ballista. (These are all ideas, I am not sure about how much of it I can implement.

edit: one more thing: I removed the normal bots spawning, so the players have more time to equip and things before the bots spawn. (In FI, when the bots were already activated before the map was started (in admin panel) additional bots spawned (like an additional wave) and the players had less time to spawn, so people with slow pcs (like me) are often unable to spawn and have to wait at the beginning of a new map.

Okay, then add some secret crossbow, which is obtainable only in special ways (like guys from teatrc did :razz:)

But about elephants and mounts, it's not possible to import your own hitbox? And height of jump can be modified or really all horses in m&b jump the same height?

John Xenir said:
Okay, then add some secret crossbow, which is obtainable only in special ways (like guys from teatrc did :razz: )

But about elephants and mounts, it's not possible to import your own hitbox? And height of jump can be modified or really all horses in m&b jump the same height?
Yea, maybe a secret crossbow :wink:

No, its impossible to change the hitbox without changing the hitbox of all horses. And yea, all horses in MB jump the same height.

Err...well. A new feature of OpenBRF enables, say "fantasy" mounts whichs have proper custom skeleton to have customizable hitboxes. And, i remember Fox has enough skill for that.

Back
Top Bottom