MP Apocalypse [WB] Persistant Zombies [1.3] (Dead)

Zombies and their stats - (What should they be?).

• Low HP low damage.

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • Low HP Medium damage.

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Low HP High damage.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • Medium HP Low damage.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Medium HP Medium damage.

Votes: 26 23.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Repository DL:

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2922

v1.0, you'll need to dl the 1.2 patch from rccclan.com

This should solve some problems people are having for the meantime (I've finally discovered why the problem is occuring though, as it turns out the current Download manager software on rccclan.com is a bit buggy, and I'll see about getting it updated / downgraded to the most stable version)

0FEA963B772D81522B2539B0C5117C25F11E6C3E

:grin:

If anyone else has screenies, please post (Would like to get a nice collection of screenshots of the mod :wink:)

From bigman:
http://imageshack.us/g/221/mb1jag.jpg/

Also:

The barricades are bugged. :neutral:
If anyone knows how to actually make an item placement code, please help me, I'm too inexperienced to actually do it properly. :neutral:
Item code that places the barricade:
["hammer4", "Hammer (Barricade)", [("iron_hammer_new",0)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn |itp_primary|itp_bonus_against_shield,itc_scimitar,
620, weight(5)|difficulty(2)|spd_rtng(30) | shoot_speed(1:cool: | thrust_damage(4,cut)|max_ammo(1)|weapon_length(53),imodbits_thrown_minus_heavy,
[(ti_on_weapon_attack, [(multiplayer_is_server),
                            (try_begin),
                              (multiplayer_get_my_player, ":player"),
  (store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_id"),
  (store_trigger_param_1, ":agent"),
                              (player_get_agent_id,":chosen",":player"),
                                (agent_get_position, pos1, ":chosen"),
                                (position_move_y,pos1,1),
                                (set_spawn_position, pos1),
                                (spawn_scene_prop,"spr_tbfc_barricade"),
(agent_unequip_item,":agent_id","itm_hammer4"),
                              (try_end),
                                ])]],

That is the item that places the barricade, and for some reason when 'hosting' a server, it works fine and is placed perfectly fine, but when on dedi... It goes into a funny angle :razz:

You shouldn't use multiplayer_get_my_player in server code for a mod like this, since on a dedicated server the player id (and derived agent id) will be invalid, producing script errors. All that's needed is one call to store_trigger_param_1 to get the agent id that swung the hammer, get that agent's position, move it forwards ("1" at the default fixed point multiplier is not going to be noticable - I suggest something like 50 or 100, approximately 0.5 or 1 meter), possibly use position_set_z_to_ground_level, then remove the item from the same agent (which will remove all of that type from the player, unless you add extra code to count them first and add back less one afterwards). Note that the angle of the agent on the server might not match the angle on the clients exactly, due to lag and possibly floating point rounding of various methods the game might use to keep clients approximately syncronized, so your barrier might randomly be a few degrees different to what you expect.

I suggest doing all testing of module system code with a dedicated server executable, rather than hosting from a client - it's easy to get a lot of things wrong even though they seem to work when testing with only a client. Oh, and I always say this: use consistent indentation! :wink:

Vornne said:
You shouldn't use multiplayer_get_my_player in server code for a mod like this, since on a dedicated server the player id (and derived agent id) will be invalid, producing script errors. All that's needed is one call to store_trigger_param_1 to get the agent id that swung the hammer, get that agent's position, move it forwards ("1" at the default fixed point multiplier is not going to be noticable - I suggest something like 50 or 100, approximately 0.5 or 1 meter), possibly use position_set_z_to_ground_level, then remove the item from the same agent (which will remove all of that type from the player, unless you add extra code to count them first and add back less one afterwards). Note that the angle of the agent on the server might not match the angle on the clients exactly, due to lag and possibly floating point rounding of various methods the game might use to keep clients approximately syncronized, so your barrier might randomly be a few degrees different to what you expect.

I suggest doing all testing of module system code with a dedicated server executable, rather than hosting from a client - it's easy to get a lot of things wrong even though they seem to work when testing with only a client. Oh, and I always say this: use consistent indentation! :wink:

Woah, thanks for the help Vornne  :smile:

That seems to work (Running dedi server on my PC, the building of barricades seems to be functioning now)  :smile:
The code was pretty much me mashing around pieces of code I've found, having no clue actually how to do it, more or less guesswork.

I'll release a patch later which will correct the barricades, thanks to the help of Vornne.

Splintert said:
Don't let it die already. I haven't played it yet!

It's not dead, it's just being developed :wink:

Damn Terraria took me away from it for a while...

Now I need to work out how to get Madoc's Faction chat working, which has been failing for a while.

Small event at 8pm BST, new map for the event ->AI Pathtesting is decent, allowing AI to work well on it.

Going to see how many people can make it, so if you can - come :wink:

Master_Lionhard said:
N0body said:
So... i´ve don´t tested that mod, iam downloading it :wink: but i was read you need a map builder - i can do it! My clan HToC is too mading a mod and  i can help you with maps when you want, i hope then you positive answer! but it is a virus or what

I'm in need of a map maker quite bad (they need ai path testing too) and would appreciate if you could make one. :smile:

And virus? I'm not sure what you mean, if you mean is it a virus? No, it's not, but if you don't trust me to say that, quarantine it and scan it or whatever, it's perfectly safe :wink:

On another note, the 'event' is starting, so if people want to, come and join us on it, me and some others are going on it now :wink:

NoscopeGabe said:
Hey Nobody could you like add a poll for map change pls?

Sure, I'll do that.

There is only one map for the siege currently, but about 3 / 4 for battle/tdm/dm.

Master_Lionhard said:
N0body said:
Master_Lionhard said:
N0body said:
So... i´ve don´t tested that mod, iam downloading it :wink: but i was read you need a map builder - i can do it! My clan HToC is too mading a mod and  i can help you with maps when you want, i hope then you positive answer! but it is a virus or what

I'm in need of a map maker quite bad (they need ai path testing too) and would appreciate if you could make one. :smile:

And virus? I'm not sure what you mean, if you mean is it a virus? No, it's not, but if you don't trust me to say that, quarantine it and scan it or whatever, it's perfectly safe :wink:

On another note, the 'event' is starting, so if people want to, come and join us on it, me and some others are going on it now :wink:
Hmmm ok, i was download the exe file and it was a virus, i download the zip file and then i can make you a map I LIKE MAP BUILDING! (I want credits pleaseee)

That is strange that it is coming up as a virus, are you using Norton or something? As that can give false warnings.

Anyway, any maps you make to be included will have credits put down :wink:

Master_Lionhard said:
N0body said:
Master_Lionhard said:
N0body said:

Hmmm ok, i was download the exe file and it was a virus, i download the zip file and then i can make you a map I LIKE MAP BUILDING! (I want credits pleaseee)

Please don't say the .exe is a virus, It's not. In future say something like "My anti virus picked it up as a virus" As saying it's a virus is a false and invalid accusation. I have the .exe and just scanned it with Norton, AVG and avast.  As expected It's 100% clean.

thajai said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SERVER IS DOWN

I'll get it back up, must have crashed.

Totaljakeey said:
Master_Lionhard said:
N0body said:
Master_Lionhard said:
N0body said:

Please don't say the .exe is a virus, It's not. In future say something like "My anti virus picked it up as a virus" As saying it's a virus is a false and invalid accusation. I have the .exe and just scanned it with Norton, AVG and avast.  As expected It's 100% clean.

Thanks for clearing that up :razz:

Back
Top Bottom