OSP Code SP [WB] Order: Skirmish Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Caba`drin said:
By request, an agent-based, simplified and automatic/AI compatible version:
This to be used together with the code you posted earlier in the thread of instead of it?

ladymarion said:
I watched the videos on the first page of the thread, does it mean archers avoid melee?
It means exactly that, yes. Well, not only archers, but everyone you order to skirmish, if I saw it correctly.

FrisianDude said:
Caba`drin said:
By request, an agent-based, simplified and automatic/AI compatible version:
This to be used together with the code you posted earlier in the thread of instead of it?
As written, they will not really conflict with one another, so you could use the automatic and the ordered...though if the automatic is active, you'd never be able to order a division to stop skirmishing.

FrisianDude said:
ladymarion said:
I watched the videos on the first page of the thread, does it mean archers avoid melee?
It means exactly that, yes. Well, not only archers, but everyone you order to skirmish, if I saw it correctly.
Correct, anyone can be told to skirmish (unless you add an ammo check, of course).

Caba`drin said:
As written,
Sorry, I must have missed that.
Caba`drin said:
they will not really conflict with one another, so you could use the automatic and the ordered...though if the automatic is active, you'd never be able to order a division to stop skirmishing.
So in that case I'd better use the ordered one? Because being able to order to stop sounds pretty useful. :razz:

FrisianDude said:
Caba`drin said:
As written,
Sorry, I must have missed that.
No, no...I mean "as the code is currently written", not "as I've already said, you idiot".

FrisianDude said:
So in that case I'd better use the ordered one? Because being able to order to stop sounds pretty useful. :razz:
Or you could add a check in the automatic one to make it not apply to the player's team...or make other changes to check if the agent's division is ordered specifically not to skirmish.

FrisianDude said:
:lol: Okay, in that case I didn't miss anything. Though I still failed to properly read the script, I suppose.
Caba`drin said:
Or you could add a check in the automatic one to make it not apply to the player's team...or make other changes to check if the agent's division is ordered specifically not to skirmish.
That sounds immensely complicated to me. Though it does seem the best solution. :razz:

Please forgive me for posting in the old thread. I did not see the answer in it. Would I be correct to assume that the code posted slightly later makes the ai parties skirmish as well?

Back
Top Bottom