MP Medieval [WB] Medieval Conflict[CODER-urgently needed!]

Users who are viewing this thread

dia151

Knight at Arms
IMORTANT NOTICE

My coder pheonixguard is been away for very long time, and chances that he will get back are getting lower and lower; and that is the reason for inactivity of this mod. It happens, that I have a lot of free time in real life and I am more then willing to continue, but unfortunately cant, because I don't have a coder.

Therefore, if there is any coder out here willing to join , the mod will be alive again.
As a coder, your task would be only to implement codes that have already been written, so you dont have to be a coding genius(if it happens that you are a coding "genius" you will be more then welcome to more then only implement codes).
Also, this wouldnt take much of your time, because those repetitive coding duties like adding new items and such, will be done by me.

If it happens that I do find a coder, all crappy looking textures will be reworked before moving onto the new ones and focus will be given to English and French factions.

logogwin.png

Medieval Conflict is a multiplayer mod set in medieval Europe and Middle east. There isn't a specific year in which this mod would take place, but its rather spread to couple of centuries in order to achieve better playability and troop choice. In this mod, you will mainly see equipment and troops from late 13th to early 14th century.

Making a multiplayer mod for Warband is currently very risky, there have been a lot of multiplayer mods who failed to prevail in the current community situation. They all had their individual reason why they ended up dead; some of them are set in generally unattractive historical periods, some of them had bigger ideas then Warband could handle, and some of them just changed some items and done nothing else. Medieval Conflict is being developed around one main feature that is explained in next paragraph.

Main idea
Main idea of this mod is to remove gold system completely and make everyone spawn with an adequate gear set for a specific troop, without having to earn it first. Every faction has troops, which are as much historically correct as they can be. Every troop has pool of items that are available for equipping. Depending on the troop, it has a pool of 10-30 helmets, 10-30 body armours, 10-30 foot armour and so on. When you choose a troop, instead of you choosing which item you take, game randomly gives you item from item pool.

Factions

Kindom of England  Kingdom of France Holy Roman Empire  Byzantium Empire  Mamluk Sultanate  Novgorod Republic    Golden Horde
a-1.png
c.png
b.png
d.png
f.png
g.png
e.png

Factions overview

Mod tries to be as historically accurate as it can, while it doesn't sacrificing key gameplay elements. All Factions have low tier melee units, it can be militia or any other depending on a faction, at least one ranged, higher tier infantry and cavalry unit. And also every faction has unique units.

Kingdom of England
Western style army with special troops such as Longbowmen, Poleaxe Heavy Infantry, and billmen.
Kingdom of France
Western style army with special troops such as Heavy Lanciers, Heavy Crossbowman and Voulgiers.
Holy Roman Empire
Western style army with special troops such as Pikeman, and Imperial Knights
Byzantium Empire
Balanced army with many mercenary units, Cuman Horse archers and Varangians
Mamluk Sultanate
Arabian style army with special troops such as Mumluks and Bedouins.
Novgorod Republic
Includes units armed with long bardiches and axes.
Golden Horde
Cavalry only faction, no infantry, includes horse archers and lancers.

Features

Main feature of this mod will be revamp of troop selecting, about which you can read a a few paragraphs above. From other features, there will be a lot better balance then native, bunch of new items, different animations for bows, new banners and UI. Also there will be a lot of those minor features like crouch, falling from horse, and many similar small scripts that spice up the game.

Support the mod
Signature​
modbanner.png
Put this code in your signature area and support the mod!
Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=200113.0][IMG]http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy324/dia151/modbanner.png[/IMG]

Team
phoenixguard09 - Coding​
JankoMega - Historian, Map maker​
Jarvisimo - Models​
dia151 - Texturing, 2D Art, Basic coding​

Recruiting!

Recruiting all positions, any help is appreciated, if you want to help in any other field feel free to contact me. In general if you want to help with something, but don't have time to join dev team and help with everything, you can just help with one thing or feature and move on, you will get full credit.

Priority is to help me with the main feature which is written in above paragraphs. I can do it myself but if i get another coder, things will become much faster and mod will be out sooner!

Troops

Kingdom of England

knightmountedj.jpg

hobilarj.jpg

knightdismounted.jpg

longbowmen-1.jpg

poleaxeinfantry.jpg

Feudal Knight                        Hobilar                        Foot Knight                  Longbowman                Poleaxe Infantry
billman.jpg

militiaeng.jpg

Billman                            Spear Infantry

Kingdom of France

knightfrance.jpg

lancier.jpg

xbowfrance.jpg

voulgier.jpg

francefootknight.jpg

Feudal Knight                    Lancier                        Crossbowman                      Voulgier                      Foot Knight
francemilitia.jpg
                                                                                                  Spear Infantry
More previews coming soon.

Progress

Finished English knights armour
armor4.png
armor3.png
armor2.png
armor1.png

there are more finished item pictures trough this thread

english horse with surcoat
horse1.png
horse2.png
horse3.png

I like what you have going on here. It will be pretty hard to get some players on this, with cRPG and Mount & Musket dominating the multiplayer gameplay. You definitely chose a good era though, and this random equip generator sounds new to me as well. I'm no scriptor, but I'll be supporting you!  :grin:

I wish you luck, mate! Been waiting for something like that  :grin:
but...
as much as I love berdiches, they do not fit in this time span... They appeared in Rus in 15th century  :sad:

White Paladin said:
I like what you have going on here. It will be pretty hard to get some players on this, with cRPG and Mount & Musket dominating the multiplayer gameplay. You definitely chose a good era though, and this random equip generator sounds new to me as well. I'm no scriptor, but I'll be supporting you!  :grin:

I know. Mount and muskets concept is very similiar to this, but the historical period is different. So that gives a conclusion that people like that type of gameplay, this mod would attract people who like the concept of m&m but dont like that historical period. Ans as for crpg, yeah that's mod that rewards you for playing it, and uses grinding mind of gamers to attract them.

Anyway its worth the shot so I'll try it.

Shimmler said:
as much as I love berdiches, they do not fit in this time span... They appeared in Rus in 15th century  :sad:

then axes it is  :grin:

Brodan1 said:
Good luck :smile:

thanks

Shimmler said:
Yo might wanna ask Rus XIII century dev-team to use their models of weapons and armor  :wink:

All models will be drawn from osp packs(and they will be retextured if needed) and/or other mods, ofcourse, with their permission.
Ill contact them in future for models, but i heard they are hard to contact. As somone said there is one dev. that emerges once a month  :mrgreen:

But it will be worth it  :grin:
AFAIK, they have the best rus and mongol weapons and armor of all M&B mods

Shimmler said:
But it will be worth it  :grin:
AFAIK, they have the best rus and mongol weapons and armor of all M&B mods

OH yeah , you reminded they have mongol stuff too, i was beginig to worry about how would i get mongol stuff :grin:,

Also i was thinking of adding knighthood orders, like teutons, templars etc. But i havent yet decided weather will orders be seperate factions or only as certain units under a certain faction(s). What do you guys think? 

gaham1 said:
Please make it realistic and not a 2H cluster****

This, 2h sword will be almoast completly removed. Only 2h swords will actually be hand 'n' half swords, like longswords an heavy bastard swords. I would have implemented flamberges for HRE but they are out of the time range, so no.

I didnt wrote troop tree in thread becouse its not 100% final , heres the current troops tree

england
spear infantry, billman, longbowmen, foot knight, poleaxe infantry, hobilars, feudal knights(thath the generic western cav)

france
heavy crossbowman, spear infantry(this toop also appears in western factions often), foot knight, voulgier, feudal knight,
heavy lanciers

novgorod
crossbow militia, axeman, heavy infantry, rural militia, heavy cavalry, tsars gurad(cav unit)

golden horde
light horse archers, heavy horse archers, light cav, heavy cav

Byzantium
crossbowman, rural militia, infantry, varangian guard, cuman horse archers, alan cav, heavy cav

mamluk sultanate
arabian archers, arabian infantry, saracen spearmen, mamluks, royal mamluks, bedouins (camels!!)

holy roman empire
feudal knight, spear infantry, pikeman, imperial knight, foot knigh, crossbowm militia.

Back
Top Bottom