SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh, I went and did a bad thing.  I found a new musket barrel I really like so I've been designing a new Matchlock mechanism for it.  I also designed a Snaphaunce mechanism and stock because... well just because.  I'll have another model up tomorrow unless I get too anxious and start cutting the locks out or making the springs.

On the subject, if anyone is feeling creative you can draw a sideplate for the Snaphaunce if you'd like.  I haven't come up with a design I'm happy with myself so I made a template to carry around with me in case I get an idea.

The rules are:
The sideplate must fit inside the light gray area and must use all three screw holes.  Any size or shape is allowed and the sideplate doesn't have to be one solid piece.

I have been REALLY busy lately, between volunteering for different things I got a big order for some plasma cut steel that took all day yesterday and they already had an idea for something else they wanted made when they came to pick it up.  I haven't even had time to work on my muskets, but it's a well paying job so I'm not complaining.

I also get to go through the long arduous process of reinstalling ArmA 2 because BIS can't make a game that doesn't lag, then they punish people who try to host it on one computer while playing on a different computer so it doesn't lag.  I miss the days when you were free to install a game on as many different computers in your house as you wanted.

Once things settle down I'll give you guys a big update though.

RR_Raptor65 said:
I also get to go through the long arduous process of reinstalling ArmA 2 because BIS can't make a game that doesn't lag, then they punish people who try to host it on one computer while playing on a different computer so it doesn't lag.  I miss the days when you were free to install a game on as many different computers in your house as you wanted.

*cough warband cough*

Mod instead!  It's a sign!

You have reached RR_Raptor65, I am currently unavailable at the moment, please leave a message.​

Wheellock001.jpg

No really, that's why I've been busy right there.

It is a computer controlled plasma cutter, I use it to cut out things like this:

000_1548.jpg

Or this:
Wheellock002.jpg

And eventually this:
albatross_d_va_low_pass.jpg

Highlander said:
Is it some kind of a microwave ultrasonic laser that you built to control the earth, evil dino professor?

I've got an artist rendition of RR raptor on hand.
Doctor_Dinosaur_with_science.jpg

And he's going to become a flying ace. Yup, we're boned. Leg it to some cover!

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Dude, you make biplanes for a living!? AWESOME!

I haven't fully decided on it though, right now I've designed a 3/4 scale derivative of the Albatros DVa in the picture.  The wood and canvas wings replaced with aluminum and steel framework with an aluminum skin.  The plywood bulkheads in the fuselage are still plywood, but edged in aluminum and the longerons replaced with aluminum as well, and instead of that massive anvil of an engine the Mercedes DIII I'll probably use a lighter Volkswagen engine.  This is all a measure to make a lighter, more robust plane that won't cost $50k, and of course the twin Spandaus are optional.  :wink:

Course, I may end up doing something completely different in the way of a small all-aluminum low wing monoplane of my own original design.

I'm going to be seeking some legal advice on constructing my assault rifle soon, and maybe a submachine gun, but I expect I'll just be told no but it's worth a try anyway.  In the meantime I've still got lots of orders to fill.

I take it you're wondering about the mod progress Ragnarok? I am too! But I think Raptor may be busy with his real life job at the moment, I expect he will post again when he has made some more progress.

hey mate im realy waiting for this mod to come out could you be more specific when and how is it going to come out? And how can we bee informed when are we going to get some new info?

wow this mod has amazing graphics its like mount&gladius is rome total war and this is roma surrectum if u play RTW you would know what im talking about but GREAT JOB looks amazing cant wait for this to come out that will be the 3rd multiplayer roman mod
Mount&Gladius
Rome PW (Aevum Romanorum)
and this
I remember just a few months ago people were begging for a roman mod now look at how many there is
there is 1 singleplayer mod vita dolentus or something like that

beavulf15 said:
hey mate im realy waiting for this mod to come out could you be more specific when and how is it going to come out? And how can we bee informed when are we going to get some new info?

When it's done.

I'm still busy filling orders for plasma cut steel, and what free time I do have I've been using to work on my Matchlock, Snaphaunce, a second forge and another little project I may be starting up soon.
I will continue to work on Ghost Soldiers but it has to sit under my list of priorities, which is pretty full right now.  Really, first and foremost I'm making Ghost Soldiers for myself because I want to play it, releasing it to the public is just my gift to all of you who might also want to play it.

Back
Top Bottom