MP Medieval [WB] European blood : PW submod Wargame overhaul. Thread reworked

Users who are viewing this thread

It isn't that bad.

Not unless you play on a server of 200 ping without over 120 playercount.

Main reason 2 hander wins is because of it's speed + massive damage.

IMO the damage of 2-hander swords should nerf their damage, but make them have a bonus against shields.  It's a sword, a big sword, but it should not do that much damage against a heavily armored troop, where they can kill in maybe 2 hits unless you wear plate armor.  And because of how big they are, they should 'maybe' nerf their speed a little bit.

MickDick said:
It isn't that bad.

Not unless you play on a server of 200 ping without over 120 playercount.

Main reason 2 hander wins is because of it's speed + massive damage.

IMO the damage of 2-hander swords should nerf their damage, but make them have a bonus against shields.  It's a sword, a big sword, but it should not do that much damage against a heavily armored troop, where they can kill in maybe 2 hits unless you wear plate armor.  And because of how big they are, they should 'maybe' nerf their speed a little bit.

I believe slowing the weapon is the best option. With Fire and Sword had greatly melee weapon balance and we could use that as an example.

Slawtering said:
WFaS had horrible balance. You look online and its either two handers or the lolpikes.

There's a difference between balanced and broken. The pikes were broken in a sense they hit outside of their hit-boxes. The two handed weapons were slow but did damage, and that's what most people prefer.

@2hander issues.

I know you are worried but it won't be like nexus gameplay and we didn't had so much problem in vanilla pw before script with 2 hander or coucher lance.
We will see how it's turn out,however in the first release we have no plan in nerfing 2 hander from now outside economic constraints ( they will be hard to craft) 
Also concerning shield breaking. It's a no, specialized 2 handed axe and halberd will be useful against shield.

@players base. The map for the alpha is quite small, and we will see if it's cause lag.
If it does we will take action indeed.

News :
  • New items added
    • bnw_armour_slashed
    • flamberge
    • ornate_espada
    • poleaxe_a
    • prato_chapel-de-fer
    • side_sword
    • Short_Espada
    • swiss_halberd
    • frenchpepperpot
    • frenchpepperpot3
    • crownedhelm
    • pigface_klappvisor

Regards,
Λℓphα

And, why do you share the item IDs for a progress report? Means nothing to most of the community.

Belendor said:
And, why do you share the item IDs for a progress report? Means nothing to most of the community.
I Know, but progress message permit to keep the topic updated &  EB team know the progression.
However, I agree with you, community prefers screenshots rather than borring ID, that is why I will put some screenshots on my message when i  have time. Just be patient.

I don't think anyone is also interested in seeing OSP works too, since you know they are used like a thousand times else places. Well. You use the forum thread to communicate with each other, that is interesting.

Belendor said:
I don't think anyone is also interested in seeing OSP works too, since you know they are used like a thousand times else places. Well. You use the forum thread to communicate with each other, that is interesting.

So, my message invite you to reply me. So it's a form of communication :smile:

@James, Thanks for support  :wink:

Concerning OSP it's mostly to tell people which one we are using.
most of the original works is map concept and ingame scripts and new feautres.

I also have a request does anyone know where to find the "back holding" run animation for the 2hander sword ? They look awesome.

Check the top left corner on the picture in spoiler

c9rtkZ.jpg

Aldric said:
Concerning OSP it's mostly to tell people which one we are using.
most of the original works is map concept and ingame scripts and new feautres.

I also have a request does anyone know where to find the "back holding" run animation for the 2hander sword ? They look awesome.

Check the top left corner on the picture in spoiler

c9rtkZ.jpg

Where did you get the screenshots?

Hello people.

So we are not dead yet. We simply had a low peak on work dues to exams and others.
At the moment QWW is leading the version to the alpha release and Rajiska stand ready to get autocrafting and autoressource with Website SQL help.

The map is also running on (Made by Alpha, Deblieux and myself ). It's will be a 4 castle map with a choke points in the middle controlled by mountain outlaws.
Brdige will provide control points to be force people to make large army move before attempting siege.
Stay tuned with our steam group.

jgVkR.jpg
UP2rF.jpg
@Where did you get the screenshots?

On a OSP topic I doubt it would help you.

Concerning auto resources, I amstill working on it.
Bases are made, now needs needs the 'props scanner' to be putted on top of it, then will come the auto crafting and auto resources.

Back
Top Bottom