SP Fantasy [WB] Eberlin

Users who are viewing this thread

Decided to delay posting up screenshots until I've finished other areas of the mod, so it'll be a few days before visuals are up

Nice the story of the factions are interested and may connect the player towards tht individual faction more. Although im looking at the features and i get the feeling theres going to be a Native feel to the mod. But other wise Good Luck

Hi everyone, time for another update. It's been a busy weekend for the mod, most of it in the module system, and I doubt anyone really wants pictures of code, especially as it's just faction code...
So, five new factions are in, the towns, cities and villages are all added, with the help of Lumos' excellent ParMak, I've also been using Swyter's MS manager program, certainly useful. Later today, I'm going to be sorting out the troops and fixing the one program that is causing me to lose sleep (other than, y'know, usual insomnia): The backpack. I'll upload a screenshot later, in all of it's normal and spec-map-less glory, but the rigging is driving me crazy. Keep trying to rig it to a bone, which works, but every time the payer leans forward, kicks, attacks, does anything really, it melds into his chest like something out of alien. I'm trying to get it to work like the quiver, which sticks to the back like it's glued, but we'll see how that turns out.
Also, later I will upload some screenshots of the retextured items. One of the downsides of having a mac, even a mac that can boot with windows (though I know all the mac haters could easily reel off a list of faults), is that I don't have a print screen button on my keyboard, we I'll do my best to figure out how to take screenshots.
Till later.
(I guess I should also finish off posting those faction descriptions, I have something like 10,000 words worth of information typed up)

acrob14 said:
Hi everyone, time for another update. It's been a busy weekend for the mod, most of it in the module system, and I doubt anyone really wants pictures of code, especially as it's just faction code...
So, five new factions are in, the towns, cities and villages are all added, with the help of Lumos' excellent ParMak, I've also been using Swyter's MS manager program, certainly useful. Later today, I'm going to be sorting out the troops and fixing the one program that is causing me to lose sleep (other than, y'know, usual insomnia): The backpack. I'll upload a screenshot later, in all of it's normal and spec-map-less glory, but the rigging is driving me crazy. Keep trying to rig it to a bone, which works, but every time the payer leans forward, kicks, attacks, does anything really, it melds into his chest like something out of alien. I'm trying to get it to work like the quiver, which sticks to the back like it's glued, but we'll see how that turns out.
Also, later I will upload some screenshots of the retextured items. One of the downsides of having a mac, even a mac that can boot with windows (though I know all the mac haters could easily reel off a list of faults), is that I don't have a print screen button on my keyboard, we I'll do my best to figure out how to take screenshots.
Till later.
(I guess I should also finish off posting those faction descriptions, I have something like 10,000 words worth of information typed up)

You can use CTRL+Insert for making screens in M&B :wink:.

I also don't have an insert key :grin:, I'm gonna buy a USB keyboard and other peripherals in a week or so, but I'll see about getting some visuals to everyone before that.

AND, I would like to announce that Jezze was kind enough to offer to help me bring this idea to realisation, so there is now a team developing Eberlin!
He'll be doing some scripting, and has some great ideas that I really would like to see in the game, so everyone watch this space!

Not even, silly macs. There's a combination of keys I can press on my keyboard to take a screenshot while running Mac OS, (which I always forget and have to look up), but Windows is bereft of that. I remember a program that allowed one to change keybindings on windows though, will look that up.
I do have to command keys, with which, y'know, I can command...stuff

Well, I play on windows, but booting off a Mac. It has a large screen and an AMD HD 6750 graphics card, which does the job nicely, so I don't see the problem.

I'm sure it might not fit into your plans for the back pack, but it would be easiest to literally make it a quiver. I never all four weapon slots anyways.

I'd like to say I really like your background, I'm quite fond of Sudvaal.

Speaking of, I'll update the faction bios later. Sudvaal is actually one of my favourite factions as well, I'm looking forward to making their items and actually scening the city. Yeah, making it a quiver is certainly an idea, I just don't know if that will cause it to properly attach itself to the player's back... It's very floaty right now.

<3 Agnon. i see it now:

At a silent signal of the Agnon standard bearer, the army halts. Silent and Disciplined, This army of times past. Rank after rank of Bleached bone, Glittering metal and Aged, Rustic wood.
Ahead, The hills come alive. Tens of thousands, no, Hundreds of thousands of Vringen. Robed, Screaming fanatics, more numerous then the blades of grass they trample to dust. At a silent wave of the standard, The ancient warriors close ranks, Shields brought to bear, and swords unsheathed, ready to stop this onslaught of crazed man in its tracks. Then, ancient men, as old as time itself, raise their arms and voices and chant "Ia Namtaru, Ia Lammia, Ia asuka, IA PAZUZU!" repeatedly. The sky darken, and otherworldly drums beat to the rhythm of the ancient men chanting. With a deafening crash and fanatical cry, battle is joined. Undead warriors methodically, silently and with a precision perfected in lives past, cut down man after bloody man. Within minutes, a quarter of the Vringen army lies dead and dieing on this desolate plain, with equal Agnon laying on the field. The old men now slick with sweat, visibly weakening, and some dead, Finish chanting with mighty "NEHENKAU!" Seemingly out of nowhere, Thousands of skeletal lancers, Smash right into the flanks of the Vringen army. The fanatics, now pressed together to the point where they cannot swing their massive, 2 handed maces, are cut down in droves. with a hopeless cry, they turn tail and run. With a creak of bones the standard bearer raises his standard,the lancers seemingly melt away and the skeletal legion spreads out to dispatch the wounded.

I stopped writing after i realized that Agnon isn't a undead necropolis. Oh well, they still sound cool.

i am no writer :oops:

Angry Newbie said:
<3 Agnon. i see it now:

[snip]

I stopped writing after i realized that Agnon isn't a undead necropolis. Oh well, they still sound cool.

i am no writer :oops:
Wow, I'm pretty damned impressed, perhaps I'll share an anecdote with the TW forums at large. I've been playing the total war series since the original shogun, and the most important aspect for me was always to come away from the battles with a sense of exhilaration, whether I won or not. I would sometimes make custom battles that I was supposed to loose, but developed a whole backstory behind the battle... often I would win (due to the **** AI), but even when that last man fell, I would feel victorious, because the beauty of games is that they create the story around your ideas.
I don't know, maybe it's the tequila talking, but I hope, above all, that this mod can provide a cinematic, involved experience for the players. That's my promise, that this mod will always attempt to involve the player at all levels, and that's what Jezze and I (and maybe Angry Newbie), will work to do.
Immersion.

Back
Top Bottom