Votes: 5 3.5%
  • other

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

HunterAlpha1

Sergeant Knight
Vampire Mod Suggestions

Sadly, i haven't noticed a Vampire mod for Warband, so i thought i would get the ball rolling on getting a team together. 

here are some suggestions for a Vampire mod:

-a clear good or bad path for people who like to play either benevolent or evil vampires and humans(and maybe even a gay path where you go around giving people blowjobs for those who like twilight :razz:)
-an embrace system to allow the player and NPCs to turn other NPCs/troops into vampires.
-a cure system to allow the player and NPCs to cure other NPCs/troops of Vampyrism.
-several vampire and human factions; vampires should be very powerful but small in number with specific weaknesses such as sunlight or silver weapons, and humans should be much weaker but much more numerous.
-silver weapons should be rather rare but extremely effective against vampires.
-werewolves and other supernatural forces wouldn't hurt :wink:
-magical weapons, armour, and horses.  magic abilities would be cool.
-renaming and tweaking various skills, attributes and proficiencies would be nice.
-tons of minor and bandit factions, including vampire hunters.
-treasure maps that can be bought in taverns from travelers that lead to hidden locations with a treasure chest(just like in the Prophecy of Pendor mod).
-hidden locations that give some kind of bonus/benefit when found.
-zombies! :twisted:
-firearms wouldn't hurt :cool:

please post any other ideas you might have

Vampire Roleplay Suggestions

if we can't get a Vampire mod going, then at least we can roleplay with the native game, right?  post your roleplay suggestions

here's some i thought up:
HunterAlpha1 said:
dhowlett said:
Cyrus said:
dhowlett said:
sounds like a good idea. Though your going to struggle to get other lords to join your faction which is going to make things hard. Good luck with it all though.
As part of being a tyrant, I wont take on other lords. The only place for the other lords will be in exile or in my prison. No one will share my power!

So far it's been a fun way to play. I'd taken on a quest earlier to collect a debt one lord owes the other. Once I had collected it, I spent it on equipment for my companions. I do not intend on ever paying it back, haha.

Youll need to cheat if you wish to own all the land because the tax efficentcy alone will very quickly bankrupt you let alone garisons.

who says that if you cheat you can't have a good game?  i like to roleplay a Vampire Ancient who has just arrived to conquer all of Calradia.  i cheat my player to about level 60, focusing on persuasion and combat skills. 

when i need money i go to a trader or lord and "use" my Compulsion powers to make them give me money. basically i just enter then exit a conversation with them, then go to my inventory and give myself the amount of money i think they would have based on the wealth of the merchant's town or the lord's fief.

when i encounter a large enemy force but don't have enough troops to defeat them in auto resolve, but don't feel like fighting the whole battle, i use "Vampiric Domination" (control>shift>F4) to cause all my enemies to loose consciousness.

if i want to get someplace quickly, i use "Blend With Shadows" to teleport myself and my companions (though not my whole army, that would take too much power) to any location on the map.

when i take part in a battle, or fight in the arena, and my health gets low, i can heal myself (control>h) but i have to be away from the fighting, and healing takes time.  this is easier if i am on a horse, though with my 10 athletics i can usually outrun my enemies long enough to heal.  but if i'm knocked unconsious (Torpor), and taken prisoner in a castle or town, they usually put me in the dungeon to recover, not having had any experience with vampires, and once i have recovered sufficiently i rise and conquer the castle/town.

and, of course, i can use "Vampiric Presence" (control> T) to spy on anywhere on the map.

most of these powers, of course, i can only use at nighttime, since Vampires are, naturally, creatures of the night  ;-;  :cool:

again, please post any Vampire roleplay ideas you have

You really, really like vampires, eh?

Anyway, if you're gonna start working on a mod, people may be willing to help you out.
If you're just going to suggest features, it's highly unlikely anybody is going to make the mod for you.

HTAPAWASO said:
You really, really like vampires, eh?

Anyway, if you're gonna start working on a mod, people may be willing to help you out.
If you're just going to suggest features, it's highly unlikely anybody is going to make the mod for you.

i'm not asking someone to make the mod for me, i'm just trying to get a team together, althought i admit i don't really know how to do that.  these are just some starting suggestions of what should be in the mod.

captain lust said:
Oh, you like vampires.

This board is for Native discussion though. Mod suggestions go here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,10276.0.html

As for vampire roleplay.. err ok, I guess.

that was my dilemma; whether to post it in the native section for native vampire roleplay suggestions, or the mods section for assembling a modding team. 

i might end up moving this thread, but at least it's out there and i can get feedback as to whether enough people want a Vampire mod at this point in time to make it worth the effort.

I think we need more sparkles and more Marnid in here.

I think you shouldn't be able to cross running rivers, even over bridges. This will eliminate 99% of unbalanced gameplay, including having access to much of the map. Churches should be added and villagers should be specifically able to attack vampire units with torches and pitchforks. They should be stronger than Swadian Knight meets Nordic Huscarl meets Rhodok Sharpshooter when attacking vampires.

You can only live in a castle. You may not take a faction. At night, you cannot hide your form. You constantly require blood, which requires attacking villager units that will fight back. Any "holy" unit (to be added, lead by a paladin/templar/priest) should have a massive bonus when fighting you. You can sire ghouls from battlefield corpses. Can't start agriculture in any way, shape, or form considering that garlic is the main export of Calradia.

Or do we want to all fantasize about overpowered sexy vampires in leather pants that sweep us off our feet and make us all squee inside? Oh, Edward-chan~ ^______________^

After playing Magemod I figured a Warhammer mod featuring magic would be nice. Like being able to shoot magic attacks and also summon minions. Especially that last one would be nice, also meaning a necromancer class could summon.

Things like that would be nice.

ok so i count three of us so far who want a vampire mod.  either of you have any modding skills?  or know anyone who does who might be interested?  how about a name for the mod? 

ok i've got a poll up, but if you have a different idea post it here and i'll add it.

EDIT:  ok, so i guess this mod is dead before it even got started  :sad: :cry: :evil: :mad:

EDIT 2:  let's try to make this work!  who's with me?

vampires are pretty ghey... Just saying... So put me down for 1 person who doesn't want a vampire mod.

I'm actually thinking of doing this as my first mod project. 

I think it could be done well but I'll admit vampires have sorta been ruined by hollywood.  A more realistic, scary type of vampire (Nosferatu) would work better for a medieval setting imo.  In real history vampires were usually associated with suspicious deaths, plagues and/or disease.  The citizens of the time took all this very seriously and had many counter-measures depending on the culture or time period.  This could provide a good dynamic for RP'rs that play as townfolk, churchfolk or mercenaries.

I've never made a mod or a game before but I've studied the module system for about a week now.  I think once I figure out where things are it will go pretty smoothly.  The hard part will be any extra animations or models that need to be added.  I've done very little 3d modeling and would be very slow.  Luckily there is OSP stuff and a lot of good 3D artists out there... maybe some will help at some point. 

For now I will keep learning the scripting but when the time comes I'll come back here to see what ppl want in the mod.

HunterAlpha1 said:
well i am reading Brahm Stoker's Dracula right now, so perhaps i'll have some more ideas soon.

Good start. Now shy away from any modern vampire novels, and you should be good.

A mod based on Anno Dracula series, set in the late middle ages/early new ages would be nice, actually.
A mod based on "Twilligh"/True Blood/Vampire Diaries? No... Just no...  :neutral: Not in a million years.

Volkodav said:
A mod based on Anno Dracula series, set in the late middle ages/early new ages would be nice, actually.
A mod based on "Twilligh"/True Blood/Vampire Diaries? No... Just no...  :neutral: Not in a million years.

i had never heard of the Anno Dracula Series, i will check it out, thanks  :smile:

Vampires should be normal people suffering from Porphyric Hemophilia. There is truth in that. When (and if) these two diseases combine, the results are much like real vampiric symptoms. I read an article about that.

Interesting, but i didnt understand the part of "Gey" path or what, all vampires are gay you say?

Back
Top Bottom