SP Oriental Way of the Ninja, new mod that is desperately looking for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

s1l3ntsh4d0w89 said:
Well, if she could just keep moving ahead in her stories. She will get it to the point where it's almost done, then re-write it. Then 3 weeks later, she will do the same thing. It bugs the hell out of me. I have just completely given up on writing. I have a book written that was about 17 notebooks long, then my backpack was stolen and thrown into a creek.

Ruined the whole experience for me.

I have mine typed up. WHO DARES TO STEAL A WRITERS BACK PACK!!!!
did they like mug you for it?

No, this was 2 years ago, my senior year of high school. We had this guy who was a kleptomaniac or something. He just walked out of the classroom with my backpack, stole a car, drove the car into a creek, then took my backpack and threw it into the creek.

Mind you, this all happened in a town of no more than 458 at the time. Needless to say, he went away for a bit, first to jail, then to a psyche ward where I believe he still is.

Anyways, I'm sure I will do some of the writing for this mod. I'll try to make sure that the mod has a story that is rich with history and detail. I'm sure my girl will probably high-jack all the writing though. She already has like 8 pages of stuff written for this, and she won't let even me see it.

Also, I guess if anyone wants to support this one-man mod, please put this signature in your forum profile's signature. I'd greatly appreciate it, and it would help give me a bit more inspiration for every signature I saw.
wotn.png

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z221/smgsoldier/wotn.png

Yes, yes, it's nothing great, just like my terrible models I have so far. But every little bit of inspiration will keep me going.

Well, it's now 4:10 am where I am. My vision is blurry. I can no longer continue this modeling at this time. Time for me to go to sleep for about 4-6 hours then get back to it. Hopefully I will have drafted a few new people who want to  start working on a mod.

s1l3ntsh4d0w89 said:
Well, it's now 4:10 am where I am. My vision is blurry. I can no longer continue this modeling at this time. Time for me to go to sleep for about 4-6 hours then get back to it. Hopefully I will have drafted a few new people who want to  start working on a mod.

Sorry I got no modding skills ahaa and a tad bit busy to learn for now night ^^ its 4:18 here but got some hw ahaa

TWcenter (TotalWar series) and PlanetElderScrolls (Elder scrolls) are quite big communities. Not sure how to measure and compare them though.

Lord Leoric of Wercheg said:
When you know how everything works in the game you lose immersion because you know you can change it at will.

That's why I don't play games much, anymore. Immersive-ness is a big part of a game, and when you can make that giant boss bright pink if you so choose to, it's hard to take him seriously. Therefore, games are pretty much ruined for me.

Once you know it's just a bunch of code, it's not that fun anymore.

Games don't have to be immersive to be fun. A great example is Age of Booty on the PS3. All you do is control a small pirate ship and capture towns before the enemy does, upgrade your ship, then upgrade your town. The game lacks all possibilities of being immersive, yet it is still fun.

I had no intention of making "giant pink bosses." Mount & Blade is, somewhat realistic. In games like Oblivion, giant pink bosses are O.K. because it is a fantasy game.

Now, this thread is off-topic, once more.

Anyone with any input on the mod, please post it. Anyone who would like to get involved with the mod, please send me a private message.

s1l3ntsh4d0w89 said:
Games don't have to be immersive to be fun. A great example is Age of Booty on the PS3. All you do is control a small pirate ship and capture towns before the enemy does, upgrade your ship, then upgrade your town. The game lacks all possibilities of being immersive, yet it is still fun.

I had no intention of making "giant pink bosses." Mount & Blade is, somewhat realistic. In games like Oblivion, giant pink bosses are O.K. because it is a fantasy game.

Now, this thread is off-topic, once more.

Anyone with any input on the mod, please post it. Anyone who would like to get involved with the mod, please send me a private message.

But thats because Oblivion is semi pathetic you seen the bows?

By the way are you going to put in samurai gear?

Well, Samurai and Ninja's were not enemies, just different types of soldiers. I think I will incorporate Samurai into the soldier tree's. Right from the start, your new recruits will be able to upgrade to either a Samurai-esque warrior or a Ninja-esque warrior. Probably something like this.

Recruit
                                                                                                /                    \
                                                                                  Basic Samurai        Basic Ninja
                                                                        /                \                            /                \
                                                      Samurai Archer  Samurai warrior      Ninja Archer        Ninja warrior
                                                                  |                      |                          |                        |
                                                      Better Archer        Better Warrior        Better Archer        Better Warrior

This is a basic outline of what soldier advancement tree might look like. Each Clan, well, I might change it from clans to kingdoms now that Samurai might be incorporated. Each kingdom will have specialties of their soldiers. For example, one kingdom might use hand-to-hand combat using special weapons, that attack really fast, some might use very slow but heavy weapons. We can't forget the female ninja's, but, these will be incorporated such as peasant women are.

s1l3ntsh4d0w89 said:
Well, Samurai and Ninja's were not enemies, just different types of soldiers. I think I will incorporate Samurai into the soldier tree's. Right from the start, your new recruits will be able to upgrade to either a Samurai-esque warrior or a Ninja-esque warrior. Probably something like this.

Recruit
                                                                                                /                    \

This is a basic outline of what soldier advancement tree might look like. Each Clan, well, I might change it from clans to kingdoms now that Samurai might be incorporated. Each kingdom will have specialties of their soldiers. For example, one kingdom might use hand-to-hand combat using special weapons, that attack really fast, some might use very slow but heavy weapons. We can't forget the female ninja's, but, these will be incorporated such as peasant women are.

So you will enlist Kunochis?

well Samurais teachings of bushido all went againest Ninja ways ^^

Samurai were warriors, similar to knights. Bushido was a code similar to that of chivalry. Ninja's, otherwise known as Sninobi, were more of just spies and assasins. Japanese kingdoms consisted of both, for obvious reasons. The Shinobi were looked down upon, but were still viewed as valuable members of the army.

Its nice to see someone really dedicated to their mod, even when they're not very experienced. To show my support, I made a quick sig for your mod. Not great, but it turned out okay.

And if you want it in your sig, just paste this code....

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=post;topic=77164.45;num_replies=50][IMG]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1551/wayoftheninja.png[/IMG][/url]

s1l3ntsh4d0w89 said:
Samurai were warriors, similar to knights. Bushido was a code similar to that of chivalry. Ninja's, otherwise known as Sninobi, were more of just spies and assasins. Japanese kingdoms consisted of both, for obvious reasons. The Shinobi were looked down upon, but were still viewed as valuable members of the army.

Sorry I must debate with my shallow knowledge.

Samurai were similar to knights and their code is also similar to chivalry. But Ninjas were more like mercenaries but the elite mercenaries Shinobis came in the theater plays of the many people playing as ninjas other wise they were known as ninjas before shinobi cam in play.Japenese kingdoms had little to do with the ninjas until Tokugawa shogunate made them his elite corpse for helping him unite feudal Japan. Yet afterward the ninja was respected but still not fully accepted in society. For Lord Tokugawa still doubted their loyalties placing the floorboards with many traps with even the slightest step shall make a loud sound to alert the guards.

Thank you Jallon, more support from the community. Which, is greatly appreciated on my end. The names of the Jonin, Chunin, and Genin are completed, they will be released with all the town names, strongholds, and cities as well as a visual of the map.

Congratulate me on my first, of many I'm sure, very crappily textured weapons! Not a weapon that will be in the game I'm sure. It's just a generic sword.
shortswordcrappy.jpg

I see some odd geometry errors there. How'd you manage that?

Otherwise, you've got the basic shape down, that's a start.

Austupaio said:
Once you know it's just a bunch of code, it's not that fun anymore.
Like, in Warband, I was dueling this pikeman and I see that even though his body and head armor were chain, I see he has one of them lesser boots. So I type "lol, 12 armor legs, ur dead" and shoot him in the leggs once. He dies, and I am left wondering... was that really worth it? :\

Edit: Dear me, sorry for the off-topic.

s1l3ntsh4d0w89 said:

Recruit
                                                                                                /                    \

First, thanks for the link to the video, the best part was the "TCHOKE", will be really cool to see those technical attacks implemented, I guess lots of animating will be involved for that purpose. Well, on that troop tree I don't see the TCHOKE one. For the throwing ninja stars (shurikens, or death stars), and the throwing thin-iron spikes, you can use the throwing knife model as a startup position, and use its animation attack as well.
For the ninja/samurai swords, you can start with the strange armor, strange sword, etc, those are in the "items_kind1.txt", use the ItemEditor to open it.
I did a tutorial on how to use the ItemEditor if you need it check my posts.
As for those already "strange swords", they look amazing, I used them, and they look very nice on the game too. You can also at least use them as reference. I guess that a ninja shall definitely use a rope to climb walls, and so on, but yet I haven't seen that implemented, not yet of course. The peasants do nothing on the game, would be cool if the peasants give out important information, or any other tip related to any given item, etc. Let's say a ninja weapon, you putted it in a treasure chest on any city(let's call it X), then you are in any other town, and talk to any peasant
who mentions that there's a "balanced katana sword" hidden in a chest on that X City. You then will get to get it by following his advises. Anyway, that was just some comments to cheer you up, keep it up, and even if it seems hard, and you keep on getting really exausted, don't give up, let your ideas to flow , and materialize them little by little. As everybody knows, at the end of the day, most of the mods are created by one person, or a very small team of two or three persons. Even if that happens, just keep going, here on the forums the guys will help with tips, and comments, links, and so on. And that really makes the difference!

Keep it up! 

Back
Top Bottom