SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

New screenshot, new preview:

NEW Nippon Troops: Sumo Warrior & Yokozuna
19LPk.png

Traditional sports in the far lands of Nippon are treated the same way as warfare.
Honour, ceremony and victory are all on the same level of importance. That's why, when the Daimyo or the Shogun call for war, even the sumo fighters leave their dojo and home to heed the call of their leaders.

Sumo Warriors (unit on the left) are then assembled in peculiar regiment of heavy troops, where they are reveered as sacred warriors, avatars of Nippon's ancient tradition for honour and glory.

These mighty T4 heavy troopers are armed with blunt weapons, to maximize their abundant physical strenght and focus it into earth-shattering attacks.

Not only the young sumo fighters heed the call for war though, even the masters and champions of said sport do.
Cheered as celebrities and sometimes far more beloved by the pèeople of Nippon than the Shogun himself, Yokozuna (unit on the right) are the very elite of sumo fighting.

Having spent all their lives training as to make their bodies impenetrable as walking fortresses of steel, the Yokozuna are defenders of Nippon's traditional values in their highest meaning.

These towering T5 elite warriors will wipe away all those trying to taint the honour of their sacred land.

Models by Kraggrim, based on the chaos warrior bodies by Furok.
Thanks to the Gekokujo mod's team for japanese weapons.

funny how I had an fx 8320 in my old PC and I didn't get nearly as much map stuttering as I do now with the Ryzen 7 1700. It's so unbearable, It's like I'm playing an online game with 300 ping, when I'm on the world map.

Chepe said:
funny how I had an fx 8320 in my old PC and I didn't get nearly as much map stuttering as I do now with the Ryzen 7 1700. It's so unbearable, It's like I'm playing an online game with 300 ping, when I'm on the world map.

Unless you are constantly fast travelling, that it's pretty weird, as my humble i3 can process it all with no stuttering unless I fast travel, but it doesn't super-lag even then...

YourStepDad said:
See? Other players are asking for that stuff too.

It really doesn't take a lot to mod in yet it adds so much..

We already told you we're going to think about those suggestions of yours. No need to put it this way :smile:

Chepe said:
Mobo BIOS update can be a good start, and try to look at forums about Ryzen. It's common problem in many games, as i heard.

Totulhu said:
Chepe said:
Mobo BIOS update can be a good start, and try to look at forums about Ryzen. It's common problem in many games, as i heard.

Plus the graphic drivers can sometimes break things up. I was running Fallout 4 or Total War: Warhammer 1 on ultra settings on my GeForce GTX980 and one day, around last December, Nvidia launched an update and all my games went to ****. I had massive stuttering in earlier mentioned games, and had to run World of Warcraft on 3 out of 10 setting to be able to perform in raids, when I normally run it on 10 setting without any issues. They have fixed it since, but it took them good few months.

So yeah, maybe it's not your processor, but its relationship with the GPU, or the GPU drivers? There can be a million reasons really.

Ramazon said:
Totulhu said:
Chepe said:

Plus the graphic drivers can sometimes break things up. I was running Fallout 4 or Total War: Warhammer 1 on ultra settings on my GeForce GTX980 and one day, around last December, Nvidia launched an update and all my games went to ****. I had massive stuttering in earlier mentioned games, and had to run World of Warcraft on 3 out of 10 setting to be able to perform in raids, when I normally run it on 10 setting without any issues. They have fixed it since, but it took them good few months.

So yeah, maybe it's not your processor, but its relationship with the GPU, or the GPU drivers? There can be a million reasons really.
Totulhu said:
Chepe said:

These two answers are both comforting, as it might not be Warsword Conquest's fault, and brainbusting, as we cannot optimize everything knowing that drivers could screw our work up anyway....

polloio said:
Ramazon said:
Totulhu said:
Chepe said:

Totulhu said:
Chepe said:

These two answers are both comforting, as it might not be Warsword Conquest's fault, and brainbusting, as we cannot optimize everything knowing that drivers could screw our work up anyway....
It's probably can't be modders fault, since i'm playing on core 2 duo 2,0ghz, with a bit of lag tho, but still not unplayble.
Middle-end processor of 2017 probably better then low-end processor of 2006?

Totulhu said:
polloio said:
Ramazon said:
Totulhu said:
Chepe said:

Totulhu said:
Chepe said:

It's probably can't be modders fault, since i'm playing on core 2 duo 2,0ghz, with a bit of lag tho, but still not unplayble.
Middle-end processor of 2017 probably better then low-end processor of 2006?

Mine is a low-end processor of the 2014/2015. My graphic card is pretty new though.

Still, I'm not sure it's a graphic card related issue, since I changed it in July and the mod was running fine even with my old 2009 card (same processor though).

YourStepDad said:
We already told you we're going to think about those suggestions of yours. No need to put it this way :smile:

I don't mean to be rude. I know you guys are hard at work. My apologies, polloio.

I know, and I didn't mean to be rude too, sorry mate :wink:

So I've been playing an awful lot of Total Warhammer and in the wake of its Lords vs Lords combat, I've been wondering. Is there any way for you guys to make characters in the next update... something a bit of a challenge to fight? I'd quite like it if the enemy lords didn't just drop from three good hits, but were exceptionally powerful (especially Chaos, Bretonnian, and Orc lords) and possessed a durability similar to trolls, with the player possessing a similar durability upon advancing in rank as well. Just something to make a fight with the enemy lord last longer than a couple seconds (I put them down hard and fast typically from a couched lance strike, or swinging a zweihander while charging on horseback dealing upwards of 200 damage per swing, smashing through any armor they might be wearing), and give you incentive to actually hunt down the enemy lord. As of right now there isn't a lot of incentive to take out the enemy lord besides the XP bonus and trying to take him prisoner, as they won't survive for but two seconds fighting most troops.

Maybe something like 200 or 300 HP or more? 100 strength or something? Or regenerating health a la troll?

Hello and happy holidays for everyone and happy new incoming year.  :mrgreen:  :party:

I wanted to ask in addition to all the item we've already got in warsword . From what I remember it was more than 1400 already. Is there any kind of limit for warband regarding the number of items? Or you can add all the objects you want without limits neither in the engine nor in the performance?

P.S: I agree with Wyzilla, sounds a good idea. So much Warhammer essence.

Wyzilla said:
So I've been playing an awful lot of Total Warhammer and in the wake of its Lords vs Lords combat, I've been wondering. Is there any way for you guys to make characters in the next update... something a bit of a challenge to fight? I'd quite like it if the enemy lords didn't just drop from three good hits, but were exceptionally powerful (especially Chaos, Bretonnian, and Orc lords) and possessed a durability similar to trolls, with the player possessing a similar durability upon advancing in rank as well. Just something to make a fight with the enemy lord last longer than a couple seconds (I put them down hard and fast typically from a couched lance strike, or swinging a zweihander while charging on horseback dealing upwards of 200 damage per swing, smashing through any armor they might be wearing), and give you incentive to actually hunt down the enemy lord. As of right now there isn't a lot of incentive to take out the enemy lord besides the XP bonus and trying to take him prisoner, as they won't survive for but two seconds fighting most troops.

Maybe something like 200 or 300 HP or more? 100 strength or something? Or regenerating health a la troll?

We are making lore characters as close to their original counterparts (we've already shown you Arbaal, Sigvald and Heinrich Kemmler.....but we have some more in store and many more to do through the nex updates), which means that throught he next releases you're going to see some well known and strong faces roaming around :wink:
Their stats though are a rough translation of their tabletop attributes in Warband means, so we're not giving them random amount of anything, we're just following the rules.

Also, you got to remember that lords do appear in tournaments too, where you fight with wooden weapons....and some of them would never be beaten if we also gave them super HP pools.

Alevort said:
I wanted to ask in addition to all the item we've already got in warsword . From what I remember it was more than 1400 already. Is there any kind of limit for warband regarding the number of items? Or you can add all the objects you want without limits neither in the engine nor in the performance?

You can do whatever you want. BUT! The engine is very old and the more objects are on screen at the same time, the higher their polycount and texture definition, and the more processes going on at the same moment, the more your game's going to start dropping FPS-es like no Tomorrow, probably creating crashes and freezes.

Also, the higher the number of items, the highest the chance of bugs/corruptions popping up, the more time needed to find and eradicate the subtle ones.

Hi, i wrote something in The Gathering Storm thread - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147665.msg8898954.html#msg8898954
And i have the same worries in this mod - this game may be too easy with magic, what do you think?

KeyserSoze said:
Hi, i wrote something in The Gathering Storm thread - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147665.msg8898954.html#msg8898954
And i have the same worries in this mod - this game may be too easy with magic, what do you think?
Magic is very limited both by lore rules and game's boundaries, so it won't be always present (no tournaments/sieges) and not on too vast scale (in standard battles there are going to be max 3-4 casters through both armies). This alone is a big balancer.

Then, there are the winds of magic and mana mechanics, that'll make the casting choice a deeper decision and put some tactics into it. So you won't be pretty much anytime able to cast high tier spells from the beginning, unless you are really lucky (or unlucky, if the enemy is the one who's casting).

So don't worry, we'll try and make everything balanced and as smooth as possible :wink:

Back
Top Bottom