SP Fantasy Warhammer Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work on the cuirass, it looks good.

Will you be doing other more advanced cuirasses like these:

http://www.varmouries.com/lan_02.html

http://www.varmouries.com/lan_01.html

They could be used for soldiers of higher rank.

Aqtai said:
Nice work on the cuirass, it looks good.

http://www.varmouries.com/lan_02.html

http://www.varmouries.com/lan_01.html

They could be used for soldiers of higher rank.
Maybe for captains bodyguards? Theyre called Greatswords.

how do u dowload it i have no idae how i have the game and everything just dont no how to download plz give me a link or tell me how :oops:

Ursca said:
Newcuirass-1.jpg

That's it with one of each.

Pope, are you still willing to help out with the rigging?
I still can't get mine to work properly, and I'd love to get this into the game.

I broke my 3dsmax install :oops:

I'd be glad to help out when I get everything sorted out, but it might be a while.

Aqtai said:
Yep. Although maybe not in the first area. Those'd be good for Greatswords, as joelturuz said.
Do you know if there's any particular name for a half set of plate armour? As in a cuirass, an armoured left arm and an armoured left leg. That's generally what greatsword's wear, but I can't find any pictures of any real-life equivalent.

The Pope said:
I broke my 3dsmax install  :oops:

I'd be glad to help out when I get everything sorted out, but it might be a while.
No problem. I'll just have to learn to fix all the problems. Any tips?

Also, I meant to ask before, but can I use your renaissance items?
I've got a generic weapon texture sheet that I'd like to map them too as well, if you don't mind.

Ursca said:
Aqtai said:
Yep. Although maybe not in the first area. Those'd be good for Greatswords, as joelturuz said.
Do you know if there's any particular name for a half set of plate armour? As in a cuirass, an armoured left arm and an armoured left leg. That's generally what greatsword's wear, but I can't find any pictures of any real-life equivalent.

The Pope said:
I broke my 3dsmax install  :oops:

I've got a generic weapon texture sheet that I'd like to map them too as well, if you don't mind.

Hi Ursca,

I don't think there is a real world equivalent of the greatsword armour. The Landsknechts wore some weird clothing and many combinations of armour but I haven't seen one like what you described, I think it is probably something Unique to the Warhammer universe. :smile:

I have some contemporary pictures of Landsknechts here, both are wearing partial armour with mail capes (known as "bishop's mantles") on their shoulders, but no half armour of the type you describe.

Aha. Here's a picture;
11-big.gif

I wasn't sure about it because it seems a fairly sensible set of armour for a pikeman.
While in formation you'd probably only present one side of you to the enemy, and it would make sense that that side was more armoured than the other.

Nice pictures though. I might have a go at doing a bishop's mantle.

It does seem quite sensible, but i suppose you have to take in mind the encumbrance factor. Something like that would be almost as heavy and restrictive as full plate, but with less protection.

Found a picture of a "bishop's mantle" here:
http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=52&osCsid=8cbf6f663f992554113fbea4774b4c3f

here:
http://www.slam.org/exhibits/armsandarmor/images/871939.html

and here:
http://www.albion-swords.com/armor/mercenary/mantle.htm

Ursca said:

Feel free to use any of my stuff. I'd say a lot of it needs some tweaking, so if you want to change the textures or meshes go ahead.

I know this probably isnt in the area of this mod but at least 1 lizardman? :mrgreen:

I mean come on they would be an awsome little thing kinda like the Drunken Fins!

The Pope said:
Feel free to use any of my stuff. I'd say a lot of it needs some tweaking, so if you want to change the textures or meshes go ahead.
Brilliant. Good job on them by the way. The Flamberg's especially nice. I was thinking about adding a leather ricasso to it.

Aqtai said:
It does seem quite sensible, but i suppose you have to take in mind the encumbrance factor. Something like that would be almost as heavy and restrictive as full plate, but with less protection.
Good point. Cheers for the pictures. Keep 'em coming!  :razz:

LzrdDragoon said:
I know this probably isnt in the area of this mod but at least 1 lizardman?
In short, no. It's a lot of work to make a good looking armour, let alone a new race and a new skeleton that's only going to be used as an easter egg.
However, I will put some easter eggs in there. You'll just have to find them though.  :twisted:

I've got this picture of a bishop's mantle for you:

And I scanned these 2 pages from one of my children's books. You may find them useful:

All the best,

Aqtai

Heh, you have children? :smile: Should've known you are quite mature.

That Bishop mantle's very nice, but why does it say it was only worn in the 16th century? Didn't 14th century knights with transitional plate wear that over their shoulders as well?
That's some awesome plate. Should even be suitable for a texture.

3 kids, aged, 9 years, 7 years and 2 years. As you can see I'm encouraging them to share my interests. :grin:

In the 15th century a mail collar called a 'standard of mail' was worn, but it only protected the neck, where as the 'Bishops mantle' also covers the shoulders and chest.

14th century knights wore a 'camail' (also known as an aventail, not to be confused with a 'ventail'), a mail "curtain" attached to the lower edge of the bascinet. :smile:

Heh indeed, I didn't even know of Osprey books when I was at that age. :smile:
Right, that camail is exactly the thing I meant. Out of boredom, I'll go model that black Landsknecht armour now.

Raz said:
Out of boredom, I'll go model that black Landsknecht armour now.
Yoink!

Aqtai said:
And I scanned these 2 pages from one of my children's books. You may find them useful:
Thanks Aqtai. That Puff and Slash armou's really crazy. I've never seen anthing like that before.

And inspired by Maw's discovery about the menu pictures, I did one for Bandits;
Bandit.jpg

I wouldn't like to meet him on a dark night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom