Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade - Now with 100% less F2P Orks.

Who do you fight with?

• Imperium of Man (Dark Angels)

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • Chaos (Iron Warriors)

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Eldar

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo]Orks orks orks orks orks[/url]

Votes: 46 45.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Read the thread, ah yes the World Teller, we had those when we play Champion Online, I was playing a Stormtrooper that was attached to the Chapter for some reason, good times

Phase number 3# is out.

Crusaders!

As you know, our development team is working hard on creating Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade. As you may also have noticed, we want to make the community part of the creation process as much as possible. As such, we wish to take the time to introduce to you the key players who are living and dreaming of Warhammer 40,000 to create the best game possible!

Our brothers are working hard to produce your game but we asked them to stop for an afternoon to speak to all our loyal fans. Their messages are featured in our Phase 3 “Meet the team!” video.

Pay attention! You may be able to find hints of the upcoming game on the staff’s screens...

Glory to the emperor!

As per our Chapter Motto “There will be no Firewall Between the Dev-Marine and the Imperium of fans” Here are our Brothers` Twitter accounts. Ask them what you want but remember that as per the emperor`s will their primary duty is to fight the game-making battle.

David Ghozland, Creative Director @dghozland

Olivier Tremblay-Ross, Programmer @oliviertross

Steven Lumpkin, Lead Level Designer @silent0siris

Brent Ellision, Lead Game Designer@pulsemeat

Patrick Balthazar, Lead Programmer @lordpada

Jean-François Mercure Burroughs, Programming Director @jf_burroughs

Miguel Caron @miguelcaron

Behaviour Online Chapter Master

For informations: [email protected]

If you watch long enough you even see some very small pre-alpha footage  :razz:

Got email of that, yes. Of the forums. They had two official threads as well. One was poll, which race?  Space Marines won :sad:

And second was " Who would win in a 4 way fight. Abbadon, Calgar, Ghazghkull and Eldrad. "

Obviously Abbadon, but there was still arguing.

Didnt hear anything about the gameplay video, thats sweet.

Wat. Abbadon? Dude has a spectacular history for pure fail. Not sure how he's on top of that list and not the last.

Fail in single combat?

I am sure he hasnt really failed. You are thinking of the Böacl Crusades, right.

I read somewhere that there is evidence that Abbadon never intended to really conquer territory, more to **** **** up and test the waters. Who knows what he is building up to.

Fact is, Chaos gods dont tolerate failure. You say he has failed spectacularly 13 times. How is he still alive and the favoured of all chaos? Hmm...doenst make sense. Only answer is he has not failed at all.

Yarrick shows out from behind a bush, riding his Baneblade and blasts those suckers to oblivion by firing guardsman Marbo out of the main gun. On Cadia, Creeds lights up a cigar and smile as his master plan happens.

The IG is triumphant again, Huzzah!

Edit: Really wish I could play something Imperium for free, but... :sad:

Abaddon hasn't failed. If he has, how is he still the Warmaster for Chaos? How is he still the Champion of Chaos Undivided? Each of the Black Crusades has damaged the Imperium & succeeded in their objectives (to an extent). They're not overwhelming, destructive assaults on the Imperium that cripple it massively, as many people use as the baseline for whether he succeeds or fails, but the Black Crusades have managed to tie down large amounts of Imperial resources or damaged the Imperium in some way or allow Abaddon's power to grow - such as during the Gothic war when he managed to seize two of six Blackstone Fortresses, but was prevented from capturing more due to the intervention of the Eldar. When it's been stated that if the Imperium could gather the entirety of its military might to bear on each of the opposing factions one at a time then the Imperium would rule the galaxy utterly, do you really think Abaddon's forces can just steamroll the Imperium? He has limited forces at his disposal and is using them to whittle away at the Imperium, hurting them bit by bit over time, creating stepping stones towards ultimate victory over the Imperium.

Bobtheheros said:
Edit: Really wish I could play something Imperium for free, but... :sad:
So do I Bob, so do I.

Those who claim Abbadon has failed and is weak, dont really think and know nothing about him.
He wouldnt be alive if he had failed.

He has a sword that can cleave through Land Raiders. How the **** would someone like Ghazghull defend against that? What ork weapon is not mate of materium? Because it cuts through everything. And orks are matter allright.

Abbadon is just op. And I am amazed that some people dont see it.

Ah, my mistake. I assumed it was a fight between these four forces, not strictly duels. In a 1v1, Abbadon wins simply because Chaos Undivided, *****es.

Eldrad's arguably the weakest in the running. The only one with no Eternal Warrior, though having the best constant invul save at a 3++ as well as psyker 4 meaning he can dish out the psychic powers, he's got the lowest WS at 5. He hits everyone at a 4+, wounds on a 2+ at AP3 and has 1 attack.

He gets rekt.

Calgar is a good contender. 4 base attacks, with the fists of ultramar that's 5 attacks. That said, the fists have him attacking at I1, so he smacks last. S8 means he instant kills Eldrad if Eldrad's hit, he's got the 2nd best invul at 4++ too.

Ghaz is a beast and always has been. He hits last as well but with a S10. Not that it matters at this level. He has 5 base attacks and for one turn, he can get the literal best invul save at 2++. Otherwise he's got a 5++.

Finally, Abaddon has 5 attacks at the best WS and highest Initiative so he smacks first no matter what., meaning he hits everyone at 3+ (rerollable against Calgar), you'd probably use Drach'nyen (demon weapon so +D6) against Calgar so he wounds Calgar at a 3+ with a 4++ save, for Ghaz, depending on his using his Waagh or not, you'd use Drach'nyen, hitting at a 3+ and wounding at a 4+ with a 5++ save or the Talons hitting at a 3+ and wounding at a 2+ with a 2++ save. Finally Eldrad gets hit with the Talons for a 3+, 2+ with a 3++ and instant death.

Abaddon seems like the meatiest, so let's use him as the champion, while the rest are challengers (i.e. the others charge)

Abaddon vs Eldrad.
Abaddon uses Talons:
66.67% to hit, 83.33% to wound, 33% chance to kill. At 5 attacks he would cause 0.92 wounds per turn.
Eldrad, if  he gets lucky and gets the 0.08% chance to survive, smacks twice.
50% to hit, 83.33% to wound, 16% fail armor save would mean he causes 0.13 wounds per turn. Yeah, he's boned.

Abaddon vs Calgar.
Abaddon uses Drach'nyen:
88.89% to hit, 50% to wound, 50% to fail invul save. At 5+3 attacks he would cause 1.778 wounds per turn.
Calgar uses Fists of Ultramar. (16.67% chance for Abaddon to Wound himself adding 0.27 wounds)
50% to hit, 83.33% to wound, 83.33% fail invul save. At 6 attacks on the charge, he would cause 2.08 wounds on the first turn and 1.78 wounds on every turn thereafter.

Calgar dies in 3 turns, Abaddon dies in 2. If and only if Abaddon ****s up his demon sword rolls.

Abaddon vs Ghazghkull.
Abaddon uses Talons for the first turn:
66.67% to hit, 83.33% to wound, 16% to fail invul save. 5 attacks means he would cause 0.4444 wounds on turn 1.
Ghazghkull smacks back:
50% to hit, 83.33% to wound, 83.33% to fail invul save. 6 attacks on the charge means he would cause 2.08 wounds on turn 1, 1.73 wounds every turn thereafter. (16.67% chance for Abaddon to wound himself, adding 0.27 to wounds)
Switch back to Drach'nyen for turn 2+:
66.67% to hit, 50% to wound, 83.33% to fail invul save. 5+3 attacks means he would cause 2.2222 woulds every turn.

Abaddon dies in turn 2, Ghazghkull dies in turn 3. If and only if Abaddon ****s up his demon sword rolls.

TL;DR Abaddon would lose to Calgar and Ghaz if he ****s up his demon sword rolls. Otherwise, Abaddon would just about win. Calgar is more likely to win against Abaddon if only because he doesn't have to activate an ability before the charge. Ghaz is more likely to get the charge though because of his Waaagh.

N.B. is Ghaz vs Calgar. Ghaz goes first because Waagh:
Ghaz:
50% to hit, 83.33% to wound, 50% to fail invul save. 6 attacks at turn 1 means 1.24 wounds at turn 1, 1.04 at turns 2+.
Calgar turn 1:
50% to hit, 83.33% to wound, 16.67% to fail invul save. 5 attacks means 0.3472 wounds
Calgar turn 2+:
50% to hit, 83.33% to wound, 83.33% to fail invul save. 5 attacks means 1.736 wounds per turn

Calgar dies turn 4, Ghaz dies turn 4, but at a bigger margin (5.53 wounds by turn 4 as compared to 4.36). Calgar wins this one.
I call Ghaz the winner because ORK ORK ORK ORK ORK!

Yeah, some lore stories are indeed silly.

But even the mere thought of a simple ork, even an ork such as Ghazghull, winning against Abbadon...doesnt make sense lore wise.

Abbadon is most likely one of the most powerful beings in the WH40k lore.

Back
Top Bottom