Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade - Now with 100% less F2P Orks.

Who do you fight with?

• Imperium of Man (Dark Angels)

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • Chaos (Iron Warriors)

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Eldar

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo]Orks orks orks orks orks[/url]

Votes: 46 45.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

http://bhvr.com/eternalcrusade/

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/954/feature/7493/Warhammer-40000-Eternal-Crusade-There-Is-Only-WAR.html

F2P players forced to play as Orks confirmed.
AI controlled fifth faction, Tyranids, confirmed.
18 months to open beta confirmed.
Available for PC and next-gen consoles confirmed.
At least 5 Orkz needed to take down a single Space Marine confirmed, finally a reason to have BRBRBRBR and Russians in the game. You can only go up to Ork Boyz with the F2P client.
Campaigns last 3 months, with lots of unique planets.
"Combat is a mix between THQ’s single-player cult hit Space Marine and Epic Games’ Gears of War." Awesome confirmed.
Third person over-the-shoulder viewpoint is used.

There's more info on the article above.

All in all, this is looking to shape up being an awesome game, let's hope they dont **** it up.

From the award winning developer that brought you gems like Naughty Bear, Lord of the Rings: Conquest, "High School Musical: Makin' the Cut!" and Smurf Racer!

I was excited until it said that Space marines, chaos, eldar and orks will be working together. I find it hard to believe that chaos would even dare think about teaming up with space marines, and orks don't give two stuffs about any race other than their "Insidey parts" so them teaming up with other races just sounds ridiculous.

Also why limit F2P to just orks?, why not let them play space marines or eldar as well? (Initiates for space marines and Guardians for eldar). And where on Terra is the damn Imperial guard?, it would have been awesome to run around in small squads of IG desperately trying to fend off waves of Tyranids. Overall while it sounds awesome to finally have a WH40K MMO, I'm a little disappointed with the selection and features I'm being presented with. Who knows, maybe the beta will change my mind, but for now I'm a little sceptical that this will be good.

But free players will only be able to progress through the game’s content Ork Boyz: five of which are needed to take down one Space Marine.  Behaviour expects that F2P members will always outnumber paid players and the Ork Boyz are their way of balancing F2P with paid members. 

This possibly cant backfire at all. /sarcasm.

The IG is more than likely going to come later, along with Traitor Legions, Tau, Necrons and so on.

Volkonski said:
Also why limit F2P to just orks?, why not let them play space marines or eldar as well? (Initiates for space marines and Guardians for eldar).
To represent their numerical superiority compared to the rest of the factions, of course. If IG or TL get in, they'll probably be F2P too.

Volkonski said:
I was excited until it said that Space marines, chaos, eldar and orks will be working together. I find it hard to believe that chaos would even dare think about teaming up with space marines, and orks don't give two stuffs about any race other than their "Insidey parts" so them teaming up with other races just sounds ridiculous.
And where did you read this exactly?

Bah, never mind I misread this line "Only this time?  Well, this time Chaos Marines, Space Marines, Eldar, and Orks will all be duking it out on a massive scale while fending off the AI-controlled Tyranids in a universal struggle for power.".

Note to self, don't skim read articles.

I have one question; Who the **** -REALLY- wants to play as sodding Dark Angels? I may dislike Ultramarines because in large numbers on the tabletop the blue hurts my eyes and their arrogance about being 'Codex adherent' and having their own little mini-'empire' gets on my tits, but the Dark Angels...

Mind you wouldn't be any better if Guard were in from the start - we'd have to play as bloody Cadians...

I'd rather play as Cadians, at least they are battle hardened compared to say, the guard from Graia. Also the Dark angels don't seem that bad, at least I don't have to play as the bloody Blood ravens like I had to during both Dow and Dow 2.

I sort of suppose so. If I had a choice there'd be Mordians, Praetorians, Tallarn, Valhallans, Steel Legion, Catachans, Elysians, Harakoni Warhawks, Vostroyans and, of course, my absolute favourite because they're more awesome in terms of background & appearance than any other Guard regiment, the Death Korps of Krieg. Gods I'd love to ride across the battlefield as a Death Rider with Hunting lance in hand or storming positions as a Grenadier.

Punishment said:
Needs more Black Templars.
Arent the Black Templar more of a solo chapter? Dont work well with others and all that? If there's an IG unit incoming, it would probably go to the same ridiculous thing as the campaigns in DoW.

As for what regiment of IG it's going to be, I'm presuming that it's either the Cadians, Death Korps or Armageddon. Nothing too exotic like the Praetorians or Valhallans.

Wait a second...There was War40k MMO in development called Dark Millenium. Where is it? What has happened to it?

*googles Dark Millenium*

Ohhhh....

Im trying to think of the name of this chapter I liked. Not a fan of table top but the stories I love. The chapter I liked wore black armour and only elite veterans could join.They were allowed to keep the shoulder pad of their former chapter.These marines were xenos slayers.( suicide squad).I loved the story behind them and would love to play as them in a game.

anyone know the name?

Back
Top Bottom