WARBAND Tweaks (DEVS READ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Phallas

Knight
1. Crouch - We should have a crouch in the game.
Crouching could protect against arrows, Give more accuracy For Crossbows and to duck Horseman attacks.

2. Chatting and scoreboard.
The chatting board should be seperate from the Scoreboard , because they intersect and its annoying when your sentence gets wiped out by a killing spree.

3. More compact chatting Font
We need a different font for chatting, even with my 1680x1050 resolution too write a sentence takes up 2 lines.

4. Reworked arrow and bolt physics.
Projectiles need better physics. When a projectile hits a stone, Plated Armour, Helmets or any hard service the projectile should bounce off the surface. Also if the projectile strikes a surface at a bad angle it should bounce off.

I don't know whether you guys agree but aren't you sick off seeing theses Brown blurs flying around there was  mod for M&B that made the acutal arrow project in flight realisticly.

5. Shield Physics.
When someone smashes a 12kg Hammer into your sheild, it should push you back or stun you for a sec or 2.

A shield should be able to be used as a blunt weapon as well. To block or intercept a hit before it is dileverd.

would'nt it be cool if you could block with your weapon along with your shield.

6. Custom Troop types.
We should be able to set custom abilitys, skills and equipment so we can choose them from the faction menus.

Even though i know very few people will play the original game and many people will move to the mods. The game should be more dynamic in its base code.

[/]
[/color]

Phallas said:
1. Crouch - We should have a crouch in the game.
Crouching could protect against arrows, Give more accuracy For Crossbows and to duck Horseman attacks.

Already suggested, most people agreed but with decreased speed for doing this.

2. Chatting and scoreboard.
The chatting board should be seperate from the Scoreboard , because they intersect and its annoying when your sentence gets wiped out by a killing spree.

New patch changed the text I believe since it looks smaller

3. More compact chatting Font
We need a different font for chatting, even with my 1680x1050 resolution too write a sentence takes up 2 lines.

See above

4. Reworked arrow and bolt physics.
Projectiles need better physics. When a projectile hits a stone, Plated Armour, Helmets or any hard service the projectile should bounce off the surface. Also if the projectile strikes a surface at a bad angle it should bounce off.

I don't know whether you guys agree but aren't you sick off seeing theses Brown blurs flying around there was  mod for M&B that made the acutal arrow project in flight realisticly.

Might be impossible to do right now but they are making or implementing a new physics system soon so we shall see.

5. Shield Physics.
When someone smashes a 12kg Hammer into your sheild, it should push you back or stun you for a sec or 2.

A shield should be able to be used as a blunt weapon as well. To block or intercept a hit before it is dileverd.

would'nt it be cool if you could block with your weapon along with your shield.

Already suggested as well and I agree, to many people just hide behind their shield.

6. Custom Troop types.
We should be able to set custom abilitys, skills and equipment so we can choose them from the faction menus.

Don't know what custom abilitys you are talking about and things like this will probably not be released for the game.

Even though i know very few people will play the original game and many people will move to the mods. The game should be more dynamic in its base code.

[/]
[/color]

:note: reply to nr.5

you ever seen a real shield?.. they can withstand a hit from a crouch lance about 2 - 6 times depending on the type of shield..

and this would be hard enough as it is..

please.. try to make more sense and do less hard tweaks.. try suggesting something easy aswell, like adding those arrows instead of the blurs.. its relevant and should prove somewhat easy ( PS. it wasn't a mod.. it was a tutorial how to change the script to add those arrows you downloaded )

I don't think this is really necessary, but ain't against it either.

Would be a nice addition, but not that vital.

A chance to knock the guy hiding behind the shield back a bit would be nice. Maybe make the knockback chance based on the shield's weight?

Does Warband add abilities? In my opinion such things should be left for the mods.

Phallas said:
5. Shield Physics.
Pardon me Doc, but that would be a really retarded thing to do to shields. If you'd like to always get stunned by anyone with any weapon, even though you are blocking, play Oblivion.

They have stun down to a science:

He has a dagger and I have full plate and a shield? - Stunned!

I block his rusty short-sword with a scimitar? - Stunned!

Someone hits my shield with an arrow? - Stunned!

I'm walking in the woods? - Stunned!

Darky5 said:
:note: reply to nr.5

you ever seen a real shield?.. they can withstand a hit from a crouch lance about 2 - 6 times depending on the type of shield..

and this would be hard enough as it is..

please.. try to make more sense and do less hard tweaks.. try suggesting something easy aswell, like adding those arrows instead of the blurs.. its relevant and should prove somewhat easy ( PS. it wasn't a mod.. it was a tutorial how to change the script to add those arrows you downloaded )

Err no i live in a city, ive never been on mars but i know its a shpere

Back
Top Bottom