Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings there, and hello to K700, it's been a while since my last post, I'm sorry if I had to reduce my commitment at helping with the debug, even if I think that your wonderful new engine works nicely now. I hope everyone's fine and I take the chance to thank again for this gift you've made us all!

I would also like to report you two issues I've found, clearly not truly important but I always like to think that sometimes small issues can be symptoms of more serious bug, so maybe you may find this material useful.

1. Missing texture in Persistent Lords of the Ring

I've noticed there are some missing texture while playing at this mod, as seen in these pictures:

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

Here's my log: rgl_log

And an excerpt from it says:

Code:
13:56:13 - WARNING: Unable to find texture objects-grape

Which is clearly referred to the object in images 2 and 3.

2. Prophesy of Pendor micro freezes during battle

Since patch 1.0.7.0, when CPU became the bottleneck again (still with an incredible performances gain compared to the original engine), I've noticed a very strange behaviour during battles, which shows more in Prophesy of Pendor but it's actually on every module. FPS drops lightly despite the huge number of troops at max graphic settings (in the following example there were over 1k), yet the game stops for some milliseconds after every few seconds. The more troops on the battlefield and, instead of lowering FPS dramatically, rendering pauses, as shown in this video:

I'm reporting this to you, however, because the resource consumption is very strange: when game freezes, instead of a high peak in the usage of hardware, there's a low peak, as show in these images from the monitoring program:

CPU usage
GPU usage

I can provide more monitoring images because, when there are less troops in the battlefield, freezes happen less frequently and last for a shorter time, making it more visible in the monitoring program that the peaks are low and, while game renders, the usage is stable. I understand that in these images the only clear thing is a zig-zag resource usage behavior. Maybe GPU monitor is clearer.

As always, in case you find it useful, here's the rgl_log.

You can take a look at my configuration for both the tests, here's the rgl_config.ini.

I would provide you with more details about my hardware and software, however the issue with micro freezes happens only in Mount & Blade while using the new engine, and it never happens in any other game, from Railroad Tycoon 3 to Bannerlord to Medieval Dynasty, which means computer settings should be fine enough.

Thanks again and happy modding!

Would Wse2 be able to allow using and changing agent transparency with values similarly like the fade effect for retreating but with more configurability and not making the agent retreat?

The modsys is missing a important feature, the game uses .smd files for animations. I've been snooping around forums to find out why my animations don't inherit bone size/positions and found out that .smd files don't support moving bones nor scaling them up, only rotating them. It seems in source engine titles most users code changes like that in. Is set_bone_position and set_bone_scale a possibility?

try set bThreadedSkeletalAnimation=false in rgl_config.ini
Thank you for your prompt answer. I must admit that, most sadly, changing that value to false doesn't fix the issue, nor does impact performances much. Maybe you prefer to reproduce the behaviour on your end for more accurate bugcatching. Prophesy Of Pendor is nice for this because it has some parties roaming in the map that have many troops.

A friend get this bug/crash using WSE2

IMG-20240226-094238.jpg

crash log

Thank you for your prompt answer. I must admit that, most sadly, changing that value to false doesn't fix the issue, nor does impact performances much. Maybe you prefer to reproduce the behaviour on your end for more accurate bugcatching. Prophesy Of Pendor is nice for this because it has some parties roaming in the map that have many troops.
please send me your Prophesy Of Pendor save before battle with huge freezes

-Increased the maximum number of bones to 64.
-Added skeleton_model_set_bone_body_section and skeleton_model_clean_body_sections operations.
-Extended prop_instance_intersects_with_prop_instance operation - additional check_polygon_to_polygon parameter.
-Fixed and extended try_for_agents operation - additional parameter for mission grid iterator.

Thanks to SHOCKERFACE for sponsoring development.

For modders:
To process more bones you will need to recompile your mod's shaders. Edit this string in mb.fx
#define NUM_WORLD_MATRICES 32

Warning! Due to the limitation of the number of variables in shaders, working number of bones can be below 64! For example, for native shaders it is 51!
#define NUM_WORLD_MATRICES 51

sample for skeleton_model operations
(str_store_replace_spaces_with_underscores, s0, "@skel_human"),
(skeleton_model_clean_body_sections, s0),
(skeleton_model_set_bone_body_section, s0, hb_item_r, 1),

Code:
if (m_name == "skel_horse")
{
    m_lowerBodyBones = MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_tail_2) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_tail_1) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_r_back_hoof) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_r_foot) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_r_calf) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_r_thigh) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_l_back_hoof) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_l_foot) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_l_calf) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_l_thigh) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_r_front_hoof) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_r_hand) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_r_forearm) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_r_upper_arm) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_r_clavicle) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_l_front_hoof) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_l_hand) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_l_forearm) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_l_upper_arm) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_l_clavicle) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_spine_3) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_spine_2) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_spine_1) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_pelvis);
    m_rightSideBones = m_lowerBodyBones | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_head) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_neck_3) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_neck_2) | MAKEFLAG64(hrsb_neck_1);
    m_allBones = m_rightSideBones;
}
else
{
    m_lowerBodyBones = MAKEFLAG64(hb_foot_l) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_calf_l) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_thigh_l) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_abdomen) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_foot_r) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_calf_r) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_thigh_r);
    m_rightSideBones = m_lowerBodyBones | MAKEFLAG64(hb_item_r) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_hand_r) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_forearm_r) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_upperarm_r) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_shoulder_r) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_head) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_thorax) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_spine);
    m_allBones = m_rightSideBones | MAKEFLAG64(hb_hand_l) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_forearm_l) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_upperarm_l) | MAKEFLAG64(hb_shoulder_l);
}

Last edited:
-Increased the maximum number of bones to 64.
-Added skeleton_model_set_bone_body_section and skeleton_model_clean_body_sections operations.
-Extended prop_instance_intersects_with_prop_instance operation - additional check_polygon_to_polygon parameter.
-Fixed and extended try_for_agents operation - additional parameter for mission grid iterator.

Thanks to SHOCKERFACE for sponsoring development.

For modders:
To process more bones you will need to recompile your mod's shaders. Edit this string in mb.fx
#define NUM_WORLD_MATRICES 32

Warning! Due to the limitation of the number of variables in shaders, working number of bones can be below 64! For example, for native shaders it is 51!
#define NUM_WORLD_MATRICES 51
so we can have skeletons with more bones now? Im not sure I understand what the new operations do.

Back
Top Bottom