Warband crashes upon launch

Users who are viewing this thread

Byrius

Recruit
Warband has been working fine for the past couple of months. But upon getting 1.161 (I updated while having mods installed), the game crashes immediately after the intro cut-scenes. What will happen is the second window will open, but will crash without doing anything. I have tried completely uninstalling and removing all mods from the workshop and elsewhere, verifying my game cache multiple times, and have even re-installing the game. I have also tried using the beta version, to see if that works. None of these solutions have worked at all so far, and I want to freaking annihilate already, so please tell me if there is anything I can do to fix this. (I have ALSO tried turning off various settings, like load textures on demand, to no avail)

Nevermind, I fixed it. After messing around with my running programs, I disabled Overwolf. This somehow resurrected my game and it all works fine now. My saves are corrupted though.........  :cry:

Having the exact same problem, except I don't use Overwolf and I don't run any overlay in-game. Never had this problem before on Steam. Any solutions?

my warband is not launching because after the intro there pops up a box that says:
'generic enable debug output for detailed information switching to the reference rasterizer a software that impacts the entire direct3D feature set,but runs very slow'
after that another box pops up:
'Warning, nothing will be rendered. the reference rendering device was selected but your computer only has a reduced functionality reference device installed install the directx SDK to get the full rendering device'
and then it stops working......anybody know how to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom