B Antiquity [WB] The Aztecs (Warband 1.143) (Suspended)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajolin

Sergeant at Arms
New thread! If mod sees his, feel free to send this thread (not the new one!) to the Taleworlds hellfire!

New thread; http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=225103.0

Lately I was thinking about this set and was even tempted to start a mod of it myself. It's great to see that somebody did it. I only hope you can start as Spanish.

You can start as any of the following!  :cool:

-Aztec
-Spanish
-Tlaxcallan
-Teotitlan
-Meztitlan
-(Editing the 6th faction to be the first Faction, because deleting Sarranids messes up the game...)Hernando Cortes

Already Renamed and Recolored, and Renamed each of the factions troops  (Swadian troops are now Aztecs, etc. still need to make "Eagle Warrior" and such)

Edit: Even making the faction's codes and their culture codes the exact same wont work. There will be two seperate "The Aztecs" Factions, one in the currently Sarranid position, the other in the current Swadian position One is Spanish the other is Hernando Cortes, and Cortes will start with just a single army, no lords, and one small fortress. you CAN be his vassal, but considering you will be vastly out numbered, it will be the hardest faction to play as.

This is a fascinating idea.  I really hope you can make this work, and get it polished  :grin:

One thought:  will you simulate the impact of disease (and, in the case of the Spanish, starvation) on the armies involved?

Sounds complicated, but ill see what i can do. ill try to make this mod Accurate as possible in the early stages of the game (Aztecs control Aztec cities, Spanish control barely anything, etc.) This mod im hoping will take off too. i have seen (i think) a M&B Mod for the Aztecs, tho im not sure. Modding is a tough business, and i might get a little help from my friend Gabrilduro in his 1755 Mod, and other friends. Im sure they will be more than glad to help, as i somewhat helped them with their mod. I would be even more happy if people would join this team of one modder, as i really cant do everything. all i know how to do is Tweak, Edit Troops, and Scene Edit. Compared to map-Making, Modeling, Weapon Design, Armor Design, Troop Design, etc., its not really a wealth of knowledge. I can learn, sure, but it will take Longer than the new Pirates&Fishmod thing. its been going on forever by the way.

Edit: By the way, if your Spanish, you can simulate starvation by simply not buying food when you visit villages and towns  :razz:
Plus, as i have seen in other games, ill see if i can add Random Events into the game, such as Loss of a few troops due to an Aztec Ambush, or vice versa.

Edit 2: YES, A MOD FOR THE AZTECS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR M&B (not warband)
MESOAMERICA MOD! ill see if i can get any ideas from it :razz:

Great idea, keep it up! But for me u should add 100 years and make caribbean conflicts. ; P Best time for mod. <3 But ofc thats ur project and i have to enjoy what u create. gl then!

Hehe if you want Caribbean Conflict you can wait a few more MONTHS for P&FM to come out :razz:
As the mod title suggest, this will take place during the Aztec Empire after Cortes lands, up until its defeated.

Edit: Yes, there will be Pistols (for the Spanish) and Horses (Also for the Spanish)
(I say For The Spanish, because Aztecs and the nearby tribes couldn't comprehend the usage of either :razz:)

Double Post ik ik... but its my thread  :razz:

Tapase said:
Great idea, keep it up!
xenoargh said:
This is a fascinating idea.
Revan Shan said:
Lately I was thinking about this set and was even tempted to start a mod of it myself. It's great to see that somebody did it.
Anyways, I would like to thank the elite few^^ who have already showed enthusiasm for this Mod :grin: . So far, i have gotten all the Factions nailed down. they are as follows:
-Cortes (starts with a smallish castle)
-Spanish (Contains Veracruz and the like)
-The Aztecs (Contains Tenochtitlan of course)
-The Tlaxcala
-The Metztitlan
-The Teotitlan

What Needs to be done:
-Aztec/Spanish Music (i myself will acquire these)
-Map (Need Helpers)
-Scene Editing (Need Helpers)
-Weapons + Armor Design (Definitely need helpers)
-Castle/Town/Village Naming
-Aztec and Colonial Spanish themed buildings THIS IS A MUST HAVE!!! (Desperately Need Helpers)

ALL HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED  :razz: :cool: :smile:

I love this era! I was going to make a mod just like this, but I didn't like being tied to historical accuracy.
I will be making some very aztec styled (if not exactly) weapons for my mod soon, so if you want I can share them with you.
PS: I like 1519: Age of the Aztecs. Or perhaps just Age of the Aztecs.

Great to hear that you can start as Spanish. BTW, when you say 'Aztecs'... you mean those Aztecs which are not especific cities in the map. Like... generic Aztecs? Cause all of them are...

I hope you add other Spanish guys apart from Cortes: Diego de Almagro, Francisco Pizarro... who were fighting by that time.

Also that you expand the map and make Yukatan and Guatemala in order to add the 'Mayans'. I would suggest expanding it to the Inca Empire as well, but maybe you'll find that to excesive, though it would be incredibly cool (being able to face all the 'indian superpowers' of that time).

Tapase said:
Great idea, keep it up! But for me u should add 100 years and make caribbean conflicts. ; P Best time for mod. <3 But ofc thats ur project and i have to enjoy what u create. gl then!

100 later there were no Aztecs left...

Count of Flanders said:
I suggest you take a look at this armourpack made by Narf, it contains morions and fitting armour: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,100949.0.html
Keep it up!

That.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Yes i was thinking about including the Mayans. that other "Aztec" Tribes, Meztitlan and Teotitlan are sacrificial (ooh zing! made a joke) and can be replaced, such as Meztitlan can be converted into Mayans, Teotitlan can be made into who knows what ever else.
In regards to those other Spanish names, ill be sure to make sure that the lords get their names, among others. Yes, i had Cortes and Spanish be two different factions because... Spain (from the Governor of Cuba or who ever) Sent an army to attack and arrest Cortes :razz:

Edit: Yes, i love that armor, especially the spanish-looking armor. unless i find more spanishy-yellow armor, ill use that work of art :razz:
all i need now is colorful cotton cloth armor and nice Aztec Head-dresses
Edit2:
Crossbow Joe said:
soozo12 said:
(Warband 1.132)
huh?
It doesn't matter, 1.130/1.131/1.132/1.134 are all compatible with each other
Yes, they are all compatible. 1.132 is just my version of warband, and wasnt so sure of it at the time. only after i named the topic did i find out :razz:

Nice, thanks. Now the Spanish have firearms!
Now that the spanish are more or less properly fitted, we need some Aztec Obsidian Swords...
And their cloth armor

Edit:
After we get all the time-period correct weaponry and Armor, we can move on to re arranging the towns/villages/castles and make the Map.

Crossbow Joe said:
I love this era! I was going to make a mod just like this, but I didn't like being tied to historical accuracy.
I will be making some very aztec styled (if not exactly) weapons for my mod soon, so if you want I can share them with you.
im not aiming for 110% historically accurate. the only thing "Accurate" here will be the Map and Guns.... Never mind on the guns... those are wayyy inaccurate at this time period... :razz:
PS: I would love to have some Aztec style weapons. You will be credited of course. :razz:
By the Way, in 9 days (aka when the poll closes) i will make a few Supporter's banners based on the winning title's name.
I personally Like Total Destruction, reminds me of Total War and their Games, but the poll is there for a reason:
I want YOUR Suggestions! :razz:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,125920.0.html I guess these could be used for the Spanish soldiers... I was looking around for Aztec stuff but those are hard to find :S

And concerning the guns, most of them are flintlock guns; Those are indeed not useable in your timeframe. The arquebuses however, are.
1338486_com_spanish_co.jpg

ajolin said:
Crossbow Joe said:
im not aiming for 110% historically accurate. the only thing "Accurate" here will be the Map and Guns.... Never mind on the guns... those are wayyy inaccurate at this time period... :razz:
Well, regardless would you be interested in some of the models I plan to make? Obsidian spears and the like, I'll be using a different metal in my mod, but I will re-texture them to obsidian for this mod if you want.
But I'll be watching this mod with great interest.
Count of Flanders said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,125920.0.html I guess these could be used for the Spanish soldiers... I was looking around for Aztec stuff but those are hard to find :S
There was one person who attempted some Aztec weapons, they were quite successful too, but I went to it as soon as I saw this mod and the download link is gone and so are the pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom