Waiting for mods to catch up

Users who are viewing this thread

Euryanax

Recruit
First, congrats to TaleWorlds on the release of the game. Been playing for over a year and really do love the world they've created.

That said, I can't play vanilla Bannerlords. There are a couple of mods that make the game more enjoyable, like True Battle Loot, and that depends on mods like Harmony. Tried playing the new version today with those mods enabled and all went well for about two hours, then I experienced multiple crashes that caused me to give up.

Until modders catch up with the current release I don't want to play BL. Nor do I want to roll back to one of the previous versions. Have gotten tired of constantly changing the game version to get different mods to work.

Please don't label me a hater. I'm not. I want to play BL, just not in its current form. I'll stop back in a few weeks and try again. Hopefully by then things like Eagle Rising are updated.

Please don't label me a hater. I'm not. I want to play BL, just not in its current form.

I've been with you, really have. But I am going to play devil's advocate here and say that the game isn't the same as it used to be. It's improved dramatically and if you haven't played it in a while without mods, I can encourage you to try.

I've been with you, really have. But I am going to play devil's advocate here and say that the game isn't the same as it used to be. It's improved dramatically and if you haven't played it in a while without mods, I can encourage you to try.

Appreciate it. I tried again yesterday after making my post. Saw that the Realistic Battle Mod, De Re Miitari and Adonnay's Troop Changer had been updated, so started a new game with them. Crashed after an hour. I see hr443 posted above there was a patch. Hopefully that solves some issues.

Based on your recommendation, I'm going to go for it. Will try BL without any mods, simply because I am jonesing to play.

This comes across as really entitled. The modders will catch up when they catch up but they have jobs and stuff, y'know? Until they do there are tens of thousands of other games you can play.

I wonder if now that the game is officially launched, will TW be obliged to release updates that don't break all the mods? You couldn't really complain about it during EA because it was EA, but now that its an officially released game, getting locked out of your modded playthrough for a few weeks waiting for all your mods to get updated every time TW wants to release a patch is a lot less acceptable.

I wonder if now that the game is officially launched, will TW be obliged to release updates that don't break all the mods? You couldn't really complain about it during EA because it was EA, but now that its an officially released game, getting locked out of your modded playthrough for a few weeks waiting for all your mods to get updated every time TW wants to release a patch is a lot less acceptable.

What? Why would they be obliged? Mods have always been a do it at your own risk type of thing. Hell, have you seen the Skyrim modding scene? Those poor mods are still being broken 10 years after release.

What? Why would they be obliged? Mods have always been a do it at your own risk type of thing. Hell, have you seen the Skyrim modding scene? Those poor mods are still being broken 10 years after release.
Pretty much everyone will play modded bannerlord one way or another. The least they can do is to not be a pain in the ass to the modders who are the only reason Taleworlds is where it is now.

Mods are the lifeblood of this game and the key to its long life. Without mods, its just another game you play once or twice and forget about. With mods, you play it forever. Mods were the key to Warband's incredibly long lifespan but modding was easy in that game. If Taleworlds wants to have the same long-term success with Bannerlord, they need to at least try to make it easier here too.

My only response is, who would want to ?!?!?

As of last night all these were working in Sandbox:

I didn't have your luck. I installed a few of the essential 1.9 mods on my game but I couldn't activate any of them. It might be Butrloader that's blocking them because they're for the wrong game version, though.

I didn't have your luck. I installed a few of the essential 1.9 mods on my game but I couldn't activate any of them. It might be Butrloader that's blocking them because they're for the wrong game version, though.
Sorry buddy, Try a completely fresh install and wipe your BL file from your documents? All those were installed manually from Nexus.

As an aside does the Name Kikur mean anything to you? I used to play Everquest back in the long ago with Kikur Irontoes.

Sorry buddy, Try a completely fresh install and wipe your BL file from your documents? All those were installed manually from Nexus.

As an aside does the Name Kikur mean anything to you? I used to play Everquest back in the long ago with Kikur Irontoes.
Sorry, that's not me. Never played Everquest

My only response is, who would want to ?!?!?

As of last night all these were working in Sandbox:

You must have the magic touch. Did fresh installs of just 3 mods: Adonnay's, RBM and DRM and the game keeps crashing.

One of the mods I miss is MB Super Speed. It gets overly redundant running across the battle map to chase down an opponent.

I mod skyrim and it's a nightmare. I got 188mods on and its weeks of work downloading and making sure all's good for my playthrough.

I mod skyrim and it's a nightmare. I got 188mods on and its weeks of work downloading and making sure all's good for my playthrough.

Its funny how people who 'play mods' in Skyrim universe are called "modders" :iamamoron:

That said i use the Wabbajack for Skyrim VR which fires up hundreds of mods without breaking a sweat

Back
Top Bottom