Waiting for 10 years makes it feel only more hurtful.

Users who are viewing this thread

+1000

If this took 8 years I don't have much hope for one more year of development. I really hope I'm wrong though.
I say this every time I see the "muh 8 years of development" point being made. Time is not and has never been a reliable indicator of how good a game will be. Look at The Witcher 3, Duke Nukem Forever, TF2 and Half-Life 2 and their development times. Game development does not happen in a constant linear fashion. Whining about time spent in development will literally only hurt yourself as a consumer and the game developers themselves. It´s part of the reason we´re being drowned in ****ty unfinished AAA titles like Fallout 76, Battlefield 5 and Ghost Recon: Breakpoint.

My only answer to this is simply, 200 years in the future is warband and ive noticed most of all Vlandian cities are tier 1 so lets just assume they got burned and destroyed. By lore they did technically break off into Rhodoks and Swadia so some cities being burned down to the ground in a civil war wouldnt be that unfeasible.
Could work i guess.

Doesn't explain where the **** zendar is

@johnny keitz
If we at least get some good, well implemented mechanics, I'd be content. With just a few hints of lore here and there, we can fill in the blanks with our own imaginations and still have some good RP fun. The space sim X4:Foundations is a case in point. The X Universe has some pretty decent lore behind it, but you'd never really know that playing the latest release of the game. The campaign story mode is soulless and void but the mechanics are there, it's an openworld/sandbox game, and they give you just enough generic content to enable you to create your own stories. And if nothing else, Bannerlord has potential for some really enjoyable mechanics.

Your first 4 points summarize quite well what Bannerlord is lacking in feelings: yeah, battle might be awesome but their outcome is not.
At this point Bannerlord is little more than just a Warband reskin... I don't have many hopes for the EA but maybe people are right and they will start adding content soon (and at least fix perks sooner)
I agree with all of this, the only thing I’ll add is that in some areas it feels like a complete downgrade from warband

This is not the launch title. It's VERY MUCH still in early access, and they are listening to our feedback. If you bought the EA game expecting a full-blown AAA game, you are mistaken. Already, it is miles beyond any EA game that I have played, because it is actually playable. The dev team is small. Give them time.
if they were listening to feedback you think we would at the very least be able to save formations to the god damn hot ket we assign them after virtually an entire month of waiting. ya i understand there are structural things to fix first, but at launch something as basic, simple and fundamental to the gameplay like this should have worked. literally just being able to save your game and having your settings actually stay the same.

if they were listening to feedback you think we would at the very least be able to save formations to the god damn hot ket we assign them after virtually an entire month of waiting. ya i understand there are structural things to fix first, but at launch something as basic, simple and fundamental to the gameplay like this should have worked. literally just being able to save your game and having your settings actually stay the same.
+10000

Back
Top Bottom