Total events
Total discussions

[W6C] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fafd3ae4a69d1969a2de2e6e804468e7.png

Suggestions

Feel free to post your suggestions, ideas and questions regarding the Warband 6-aSide Cup here.

Last edited:
Hi, I've seen the groups and it seems they are intended to be seeded in terms of strength (so that teams get to fight teams of a similar level), which is a great system and benefits everyone I think. However, I don't think all of the balancing is correct for some of the groups, so I'd like to make some suggestions on placement changes:

Turkish Airlines down from Group B to Group C
Warbandits up from Group C to Group B
GOOD ****ING JOB (currently are not added) into Group B
Krake down from Group B to Group C

14e down from Group C to Group E
Rangers of Vyincourd down from Group C to Group F
Malta II up from Group D to Group C

Wardens down from Group D to Group F
relegioznyye fanatiki (currently are not added) into Group D
FP up from Group E to Group D
Atlas up from Group E to Group D
123 down from Group D to Group E
Warriors and Champions down from Group D to Group E

Oakland Athletics down from Group F to Group G
Excercitus Imperatorius down from Group F to Group G

This would leave the Groups looking like:
A
DOPEY
FRA
Malta
Tq

B
Stark
IL
GFJ (currently not added)
Warbandits

C
Krake
Malta II
Espana
Turkish Airlines

D
FP
Atlas
relegioznyye fanatiki (currently not added)
Knights of Vyincourd

E
14e
Milites Fortunae
Warriors and Champions

F
Schwertbrüderorden
Rangers of Vyincourd
Wardens
Folkesson

G
Man of T0mm
House Wesenheit
Oakland Athletics
Exercitus Imperatorius

I also think a system like the WIS would work well, although you might have some trouble getting it to work
with this team number.
Alternatively, there are enough teams for a functioning division system (personally I would do 4 divisions with the level of skill differences there are in this tournament).
Looking forward to the tournament anyway.

Last edited:
Groups arent seeded yet its just random / whatever way I entered them.

fair enough, definitely think you should go for some kind of division / WIS system. really, anything that lets people play against opponents of their own skill level; traditional groups are very punishing to 3rd/4th seeds who get bodied in half of their matches, rather than getting an even competition against teams of their own level.

Then all teams in group A could go afk for all group stage and win playoff and 0 punishment is reached. Both ways there's flaws.

On another line traditional group stage was boring because of how unbalanced teams were.

We're doomed.

Yes, unless there's a boring extended tournament system like a ladder or round-robin system where everyone plays everyone, tournaments will never be fully optimized fair-wise. Everything would be easier if people brought a division system where after each season, last team (or two, depending on the number of teams) would drop down a division and first 1/2 would go up a division. It's more of a league approach though and even though I think it might be preferable in the future (for Bannerlord), teams disband and form all the time and it would cause a decent amount of issues.

There's no way of doing a fully optimized tournament when there are such large performance gaps between teams, I believe it's partly the fault of this community - over the time people kept abandoning teams to make new, stronger ones and elite players kept grouping up into teams that could be challenged by only 1 or 2 entities in the entire game. That led to having tournaments where you already know who is going to be in the finals or even win the whole tournament before it even started.

I seriously think a regular group system is a bad idea, primarily because of the fact that it creates a bad experience for 50% of the teams in the tournament.

If there are 4 teams in a group, seeded 1 - 4, then seed 3 in each group is essentially guaranteed to lose 2 of their 3 matches. The seed 4s are basically guaranteed to lose 3 of their 3 matches. This doesn't provide an enjoyable experience for any of these teams.

At the same time, it isn't really fun for the 1st seeds, who just body all of the other teams in their group until the knockouts. There is only really some enjoyment for 2nd seeds, who win a majority but have a small chance against the 1st seed.

Why even bother with the groups with a format like this? Why not just have a separate league for the 1st and 2nd seeds and a separate league for the 3rd and 4th seeds? Why not take that a step further and divide it again, ie. a division system. A system like that provides the best experience for the majority of players, while a regular group system is incredibly punishing for 3rd and 4th seeds who actually make up half of the tournament population.

I seriously think a regular group system is a bad idea, primarily because of the fact that it creates a bad experience for 50% of the teams in the tournament.

If there are 4 teams in a group, seeded 1 - 4, then seed 3 in each group is essentially guaranteed to lose 2 of their 3 matches. The seed 4s are basically guaranteed to lose 3 of their 3 matches. This doesn't provide an enjoyable experience for any of these teams.

At the same time, it isn't really fun for the 1st seeds, who just body all of the other teams in their group until the knockouts. There is only really some enjoyment for 2nd seeds, who win a majority but have a small chance against the 1st seed.

Why even bother with the groups with a format like this? Why not just have a separate league for the 1st and 2nd seeds and a separate league for the 3rd and 4th seeds? Why not take that a step further and divide it again, ie. a division system. A system like that provides the best experience for the majority of players, while a regular group system is incredibly punishing for 3rd and 4th seeds who actually make up half of the tournament population.

This is the only system which is going to make the tournament even for all the teams, although a bit restricting in regards to giving a shot to complete underdogs to shine.

Tbh I understand why groups based on team skill are bad for Div A tier teams, but all I can say is I think we and other groups like us would really prefer balanced groups or something like divisions. The tournament is way more interesting when there's at least hypothetical chances of winning a game and challenging/even matches throughout. WNL8 Div C was pretty ok in this regard and it was enjoyable.

I've been reading what you guys have written. It is clear at least for me that this system is not designed to benefit the lower level teams but just make it easier for the higher level teams to advance. I'm gunna try to do a compromise but not everyone will be happy.

Upon the 28th's team signup, I will split the teams into Div A & Div B 14 per div. After I have done that teams can see what division they have been assigned and can argue with me over steam or here their case for being moved either down or up a division. I am doing this to try to make it not only fair for the low level teams teams but also to keep it interesting for the teams on a higher level.

B
Stark
IL
GFJ (currently not added)
Warbandits

D
FP
Atlas
relegioznyye fanatiki (currently not added)
Knights of Vyincourd

FP *Wins group B of WNL against majority of the same players in IL, Warbandits etcetera*

Gibbles *Maybe promote them from E to D : - )*

FP *Wins group B of WNL against majority of the same players in IL, Warbandits etcetera*

Gibbles *Maybe promote them from E to D : - )*

IL and Warbandits both have different rosters and are both performing differently. Probably unfair to put you below TA, but I don't think your team would have much of a chance against any of the other ones above it other than Malta II and Krake. That isn't the system being used anyway : - )

May I know why I am supposed to record my game? I'll do it cuz I have nothing to hide but is there any evidence against me that I am unaware of?

EDIT: since I have a **** computer recording will make me lag and I can see the 'you play better when you don't record' argument so I will be using MOSS at the only condition that LaPache is the admin (and the only one) that will have access to it (because lapache is the only admin i trust). If you are not happy with this then feel free to remove me and continue your witch hunt.

Last edited:
May I know why I am supposed to record my game? I'll do it cuz I have nothing to hide but is there any evidence against me that I am unaware of?

EDIT: since I have a **** computer recording will make me lag and I can see the 'you play better when you don't record' argument so I will be using MOSS at the only condition that LaPache is the admin (and the only one) that will have access to it (because lapache is the only admin i trust). If you are not happy with this then feel free to remove me and continue your witch hunt.

Hi, LaPache wrote in the admin groupchat your chat. Since your computer is not that good, you can use https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/shadowplay/ or https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-gaming-media which provide better performance while recording compared to OBS. The recording does not need to be a good quality, only needs to be used as proof of not cheating.

This is no witch hunt, we have allowed cheaters to play however. We want to ensure no one is cheating we will be asking even more people to record who I have not added to the list. If you do not want to record, that's down to you.

Last edited:
Hi, LaPache wrote in the admin groupchat your chat. Since your computer is not that good, you can use https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/shadowplay/ or https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-gaming-media which provide better performance while recording compared to OBS. The recording does not need to be a good quality, only needs to be used as proof of not cheating.

This is no witch hunt, we have allowed cheaters to play however. We want to ensure no one is cheating we will be asking even more people to record who I have not added to the list. If you do not want to record, that's down to you.

I will test the amd recording software this week then.

Just a quick question. Did you guys change the serverhost or why are the servers extremely laggy for me lately? Normally I have a stable ping around 40 but atm I constantly have pingjumps from 70 - 300 for whatever reason. (and no it's not my internet I have checked out other servers and there it's fine).

thx in advance

Just a quick question. Did you guys change the serverhost or why are the servers extremely laggy for me lately? Normally I have a stable ping around 40 but atm I constantly have pingjumps from 70 - 300 for whatever reason. (and no it's not my internet I have checked out other servers and there it's fine).

thx in advance
Ive got similar problem on these servers. My ping have jumps from 70-100 I also checked my ping on other servers and there is everything fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom