MP Medieval [W] Medieval Battles & Sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm. Beautiful, looks promising! Good luck with this  :wink:
:idea: BTW, what about adding castle in today's Syria, Templar one,  Krak des Chevaliers ?  :lol:

Thanks guys.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
If u make this 100%,including destructible props and boiling oil and such, u're the best!

Unfortunately I could never finish it alone. I think that a team is necessary. Concerning destructible props, I just thought about destructible hoardings and merlons for some castle. I don't think it is that hard to do.

Johao said:
Still, I wonder if there would be an 'invasion' mode of siege warfare, hundreds of bots climbing up ladders or breaking down doors while a small group of defenders try to keep them away from an allied lord bot, which can be a nice co-op alternative and frankly, more dynamic towards other invasion mods with the new siege elements. But frankly speaking, that would be a feat of an accomplishment to code the spawns and placements considering the ingenuity of the A.I in warband..

This is a great idea, all the more as I am afraid that there would not be enough guys playing my mod to make big realistic sieges (just think that there were rarely more than 30players in the server of Vikingr, which is an awesome mod). To avoid too much difficulty when coding such an invasion mode, we should disable the repulsable ladder system and focus on gates attacks, which enable the defensers to use most of the mod features (boiling oil, projectile, assomoirs, etc.). Hundreds of bots below machicolation, arrow slits, gunboats and hoardings would be very funny, though more brutal than strategic.

Tom Bubu said:
Hmm. Beautiful, looks promising! Good luck with this  :wink:
:idea: BTW, what about adding castle in today's Syria, Templar one,  Krak des Chevaliers ?  :lol:

I have thought about that. It would be great, all the more as I am thinking about adding the Turks. But look at the scenes list I wrote... This is already almost impossible to make entirely. And the Krak is enormous.

Hecate said:
good luck, I would love to do some battles in your mod  :grin:

I hope you could do it in some months :smile:

Many of my castle models (in older versions) are in 1257ad.

Edited the presentation and added a poll concerning the choice of the pre-gunpowder period.

Woah, those look frigging stunning.

Everything looks amazing, and I can't wait to see more castles in AD 1257, it definitely needs them.

But wait, are you making a standalone mod? If that's the case, the name of the mod makes it sound solely like an OSP pack of goodies. :razz:

Actually, the last props that I made are especially made for multiplayer. All floors, windows, arrows slits, stairs, etc. are done and functionnal, but the AI could never use them properly. Therefore so many polys would be annoying for a solo mod like 1257ad.
Anyway, if I don't finish this mod, all the work that I would have done for it would be release as OSP packs.

I bet 50$ you already know the "Dictionnaire raisonné de l'architecture francaise du XII au XVI siecle" (hope dates are right  :lol: )
Other articles,thanks to Du Guesclin ,surely by Bviollet-le-Duc. I got alot but I bet you know them all.
Hope you're gonna include 1 or 2 North African places  :razz:

Indeed I know it, I've almost all its drawings :razz: Unfortunately I recently noticed some errors in the work of Viollet le Duc.

Concerning the North African places, I'll make an Almohad ribat that could work for both North Africa and Andalusia :wink:

Looks amazing, you put battles of the Reconquista of Spain? Are a lot of batlles, the asedium of Granada, Sagrajas, Covadonga, Navas de Tolosa...
:grin:

Thanks. The Reconquista has indeed an important place in my mod. There will not be historical battlefields (excepted some siege scenes - Sevilla, Burgalimar - and perhaps la Vega de Granada) because I am perfectionnist, and therefore I would make their terrains 100% accurate, which is impossible. But there will be generic scenes ("Andalusian steppe", "Iberian mountains", etc.) where we could recreate realistic Reconquista battles.

This is wonderful :grin: It´s good now that the castles are functional and not just for show like in native :smile:

Good work

Back
Top Bottom