Vikingr promotional video

Users who are viewing this thread

Robsonn

Recruit
Slava!

Well, I came up with an idea of making a cinematic Vikingr promo-footage, a movie without game interface, banners, playernames and stuff. I would need some people (more=better) to participate in recording such stuff. Regular gameplay, but what I would like to do, is a quite "realistic" gameplay. I mean, Warband is not a realistic game, but movie without jumping around, doing flips and such would look really awesome. I would do it in full HD.

If You are interested, let me know in this topic. After people gather up we can set up for 1 hour of recording.

Lucky a certain someone isn't here or you'd have been banned by now for even suggesting promoting the mod. All veterans know who I'm talking about.

Eitherway, I am happy to help. I have a friend who has his own YouTube channel and records most of the Víkingr events currently. Just give me a shout if needs be.

Can we please drop the thinly veiled and unfair accusations towards people who aren't here to defend themselves? Thanks.

Vlastislav, I think the Fyrnings would be glad to contribute to your project!

I was kidding, but once again typed words on forums do not ooze the same tone they would when spoken.

Anyway! Getting the Clans of Víkingr involved in some would be great.

Robsonn said:
If You are interested, let me know in this topic. After people gather up we can set up for 1 hour of recording.

You did a really good job with the SWE recording so I'll probably be willing to assist in any way I can. Maybe you can expand on the concept you have in mind for the video?

Maybe you can expand on the concept you have in mind for the video?

Overall idea was walking around my mind for a long time, but I dont have a very specific plan yet. Well, I would for sure like to catch some of Vikingr advantages that cant be found in native - taunting, commander blowing horn, formation of 2 lines (one crouching, one standning) taking missile attack, over-arm spear thrusts in a regular shieldwall battle, some duels, longboats, fancy maps... Basically all that Vikingr has to offer. When we will set it up, everyone would know what to do, I will have time to set camera, do some scenes few times, cut out interface. It will look quite awesome and cinematic, I belive. That kind of video can for sure attract some new guys. I will make a decent scenario for tomorrow.

Forgive me my horrible grammar but it is a bit late and I have a lot to do :razz:

Nah, I thought of just sailing. Well, my first idea was to do 2 diffrent battles, but maybe we could merge them into one. This a fast "look a like" scenario.
1. Nordmenn vs Engle on Lindisfarne map. Well, vikings are crucial but the other faction might be changed if You guys suggest that.
2. Vikings approach beach in langskip, disembark. Both teams prepare formations.
3. Vikings take burst from throwing weapons/bows with skjalborg formation (1st line kneeling, the other one standing up)
4. Hófdingi blows the horn and both teams approach historically accurate shieldwall battle - straight line, no running around, standing in place, attacking guys on left and right of You and stuff.
5. One team dies and victors are taunting and stuff
6. 2 last men standing (maybe commanders) clash in a short, but decent duel. Obviously one wins, the other one dies and we are there.

This might not look somekind of "new" or "stunning" but 90% of this kind of footage is how You record it and cut it up. I would like You to post suggestions, why yes, why not, and stuff. It is supposed to be our community project, not only mine. Also, what You guys think about boosting video up with few random FX, like, for example, battlesounds in the background. That would look awesome but I think we should do 100% ingame footage.

Good idea! Count me in!  :smile:
What about siege footage! (it can be made really interesting with these falling broken door wings and defender lines behind etc.)
About the duel it could be made when both armies make a circle and taunting, in the middle is the duel.
Even some raiding footage could be impresive, with great amount of torches coming from dark woods and defenders organising their stand.

I'd drop the idea about the first line of the shieldwall kneeling, but other than that it sounds great.

I wonder if it would be possible to include scenes of Norman cavalry being resupplied with spears, then riding up to an English shieldwall (presenting their left side [shielded] to them, of course!) and throwing their spears? That's another one of those unique Víkingr things that might look very impressive in a properly edited video.

Back
Top Bottom