Vikingr Multiplayer Preview!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turanien said:
Edit: Ninja screenshot! W.i.P  :wink:

stamford.jpg

By Ninja, do you mean that some sneaky viking is hiding in that grass? Either way, I can't find the Waldo who's hiding in that picture. Thanks for answering my questions by the way. The crouch feature is going to be great in multiplayer, what with all the grass for concealment, though my computer will probably crash. Still, it brings me joy to just imagine my char emerging from the murky river or standing up from a sea of reeds and doing a backstab on an unsuspecting player. "Oh you just got knifed!"

Love the trees, by the way. The pines in the teaser vid look fantastic!

To be fair, Polished Landscapes runs far better than Native - especially when it's handling multiple trees and flora such as this present in the screenshot. The grass is the killer, accorded to our testers and members. This can be fixed by simply lowering your grass density by 15-20%, it tends to be enough to clear any hitching.

If problems do make themselves evident on certain maps after beta release, we'll look at the problems and address them.  :smile:

Oh and you won't be ninja'ing anyone from deep water - what with the drowning that tends to happen. Cold water tends to be a killer too, especially on maps where there is heavy ice. :lol:

Turanien said:
Oh and you won't be ninja'ing anyone from deep water - what with the drowning that tends to happen. Cold water tends to be a killer too, especially on maps where there is heavy ice. :lol:
Sound nice, I like attention on such details.

Hm, just an idea, maybe it's not possible, but can ice (or certain parts of it) be made breakable when standing too long on it?
just to make possibility of drowning a little more unexpected

I was thinking something along scripts used for destructible targets,openning gate , so the scene will have watter under ice and a parts with "weak ice", but what will trigger those parts to dissapear is the main problem?

A little something...

New dane-axe idle stance courtesy of merc_cifre.

mb2-7.jpg

Obi Juan Kenobi said:
WOW that's huge... how much could it weight...?

I don't think it would be especially heavy, the blade itself isn't huge, and of course the wooden shaft won't weigh a great deal.

I like the idle stance, it looks natural to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom