Vikingr Multiplayer Preview!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've dreamed for the last 3-4 nights continuously for some new animations/motions on using the weapons.
I guess I can try for example the 1 handed right-to-left ani for starter.
Any news on the other subject? I am still waiting for you to say any changes you want to make. Or maybe you don't like them at all. Just give me some feed-back.
Thanks.

Aeon said:
I hope the best for Vikingr.
What about a little preview YouTube video to show the mod ?  :wink:

Hey Aeon!

It wouldn't be as good as it stands for immersion without your excellent ambience sounds. I highly recommend anyone whom reads this to download Aeon's work and try it out!

As for a YouTube video, there is a short one in the original post dealing with some of the landscapes but it was never meant for public show really - it's just a quick teaser of sorts.  :smile:

Since i'm not already used to the online gaming with Warband, could you tell us more on what it will be like ?

I'm not experienced and i hope to be wrong expecting team battles without objectives...

Well this mod will have all the gametypes that native MP has but it will also have a raid mode where you will travel with ship and then attack the village. You will need to burn the houses and affter that you will need to take away lote. If I tell it short.

Also  Obi Juan Kenobi you said that you know some moding, can you create scenes?

Obi Juan Kenobi said:
Since i'm not already used to the online gaming with Warband, could you tell us more on what it will be like ?

I'm not experienced and i hope to be wrong expecting team battles without objectives...

We've devised a new game-mode especially for Vikingr.

Raid!

Two teams; one is to defend a village and the other is to burn it. The attacking team must take torches to the buildings, setting them alight and generally causing destruction as per Vikings (and Normans) do. They then have the option of looting the town and returning back to spawn. The defenders have to stave off the attackers. It's generally a mix of Battle, Fight & Destroy and Capture the Flag. We're looking forward to testing it with a full server so that we may properly understand how things are working.

However, so far, all is well in our testing version.  :wink:

We will also probably host a weekly event (think Formation Sundays of older beta times...) and play out the mod accorded to shield-walls and the such.  :smile:

broken shield said:
Also  Obi Juan Kenobi you said that you know some moding, can you create scenes?
Well i don't remember saying anything of the kind but yes...even if i never did scenes.
At this very moment i'm taking a pause; i made some shirts and put new details in some textures that were already in for Brythenwalda but nothing special except a new model.
Even that was made by a friend of mine for a project he stopped working on and it's just a Native model a little modified.

I suppose i could do textures for buildings and so on, but i don't understand very well the coding part of the game and my eyes hurts when i look too much to a white page  :mrgreen:
I'd say i would like to help if needed/possible, but still i don't know if Brythenwalda team will use my armour pack.
Maybe it's not that good and won't be inserted in time, if not ever. I still have to know, but i'm talking about tomorrow, so one of these days if you need some cheap labor give me a call
Turanien said:
We will also probably host a weekly event (think Formation Sundays of older beta times...) and play out the mod accorded to shield-walls and the such.  :smile:
About the Raid mode i'm very happy to hear that. I think it will be fun, a proper idea as well, but you mean an organized match ?

Well, now i can just wait for the release... :mrgreen:

Obi Juan Kenobi said:
Really ? I hope you're not talking about an update dude...  :wink:

:lol:

Maybe a little something more to get your hands around...

Is this the foretelling of a release?
imgres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom