Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

4evermore

Recruit
Summary:
Uhm, maybe Im just not that good in game tactics but I am being attacked while siegeing a town (not my army but I am part of it). I chose to lead one cavalry formation, the battle is about 680 us against 780 enemy. The battle has been going for 20 minutes now and all what is happening is that both entire armies just stands in one spot. archers are attacking, no problem there but:
1) the other cavalry formation keeps doing "charging" attack and "protecting left flank" in about 5 seconds loops, so they attack, stop after 5 meters, then turn back and repeat.
2) enemy formation is huddled up entirely. They stand on a spot, both sides exchanging volleys. after 5 minutes the enemy moves closer to us for few meters then stops and volleys go again. and repeat. Right now, both armies stand maybe 30 meters in front of each others, doing absolutely nothing, just few arrows or bolts flying over.
3) I do not use any mode. I tried one, for better garrisons but it wasnt working properly so I disabled it, not sure if that can affect battles themselves but I wanted to mention it.
4) I would normally ask on steam but I have the game on epic games.
5) our commander (faction leader) is giving orders normally.
6) I made some occasional charges with my formation, simply out of boredom from doing nothing for XY minutes. I killed some troops but most of my formation got taken down by crossbowmans. So I went, made a coffee and got a smoke, went back and I was still alive and the losses didnt changed much.
7) right now, after 20 minutes of fighting 700 against 800 (about 220 against 200 in the actual battle), losses are about 40 on both sides, thats it.

EDIT: battle ended after about 40 ingame minutes. I dont know what triggered the initial skirmish, maybe the enemy ran out of projectiles, but then it went very fast.
How to Reproduce: dunno... probably try to siege a town with about 680 troops and then get attacked by about 780 troops.
Have you used cheats and if so which: nope
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video): cant post due to fresh account......
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): not sure this could be related...

I tried looking if there is any simillar issue but i found nothing... I apologize for pointless thread in case this is a feature, not an issue.

Last edited:
Hey, we do not offer support for the mods or modded games. Can you try to reproduce the issue on a new campaign after manually removing all the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files. If the issue is persistent on a new, unmodded campaign please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom