Version 1.110 is Out (please post your findings and enhancements)

Users who are viewing this thread

Modru said:
Since this latest patch (after starting over...AGAIN) I seem to be having a problem with troop AI.  My troops wont follow any orders given and seem to walk in place in a huddled mass.

The enemy seems to have similar AI issues.   

Yep, same thing here also.

Vigil80 said:
Tree degrade distance does that in 1.105. I hope that's fixed for 1.110. :razz:

Seems like something that could be fixed by changing a line in whatever file the settings are recorded in. Make the setting you want into the default setting. Unfortunately, I tried looking for such a file to fix the tree degrade bit, but couldn't find it.

I think rgl_config.txt (it's in Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband in Vista) contains these settings. Try messing with flora_degrade_distance in it to set tree degrade distance. Can't find anything relating to Campaign AI in there.

Rycon said:
Anyone know if the upkeep for garrisoned troops has been reduced to half?

It seems to be fixed. I took a Huscarl and moved him from my party to my town garrison.. This lowered my party cost by 15d (normal Huscarl wage) and raised my town costs by 8d (half Huscarl wage rounded up).  :smile:

Edit: I did use tweakmb to lower overall wages by 25% so that is why my numbers may be different.. But the garrisoning does cut their cost in half.

MaHuD said:
Version 1.110
New Game option to set Campaign AI to easy, normal or difficult NPC soldiers should now climb siege ladders without problem.

And this is WAAAAY nicer. Sieges are much smoother to play now since troops advance more normally and don't just stand there on the ladder. I noticed it this morning.

One odd side effect is that I've seen a handful of troops sally forth from the keeps and suicide attack the main vanguard as it approaches the wall.

I haven't really noticed the AI problems people are mentioning before a battle, but troops are more reticent to follow orders once the melee has started.

Faldarian said:
MaHuD said:
Version 1.110
New Game option to set Campaign AI to easy, normal or difficult NPC soldiers should now climb siege ladders without problem.

And this is WAAAAY nicer. Sieges are much smoother to play now since troops advance more normally and don't just stand there on the ladder. I noticed it this morning.

One odd side effect is that I've seen a handful of troops sally forth from the keeps and suicide attack the main vanguard as it approaches the wall.

I haven't really noticed the AI problems people are mentioning before a battle, but troops are more reticent to follow orders once the melee has started.
If the attacking force is far enough away the defenders will move back up to the wall after they run ~10 feet down the ladder.

Okay, one finding I can share is that this version does not work for me. The moment the game loads and I get to the map or the facegen screen, the game practically freezes, sound stutters, the screen starts to flicker and has a weird overlay of the 3D world and the loading screen displayed both at once, covering different parts of the screen. :sad:

singleplayer seems to be completely broken.

script errors
critical errors
broken quests

multiple problems with losing fief or battle

stupid tavern fightning (NO SHOOTING tt, just versus archer hero)

bots using no kicks (no alternative weapon modes, not picking stuff from ground not changing shield when current broken)

X mode for weapons does not work
shield coverage too large
shield penetration does not work

SharpXe said:

I think that was on purpose, however if you are aim at him with bow when he trys to fight you, he gets shot, cheap move but still kinda funny.

New to the forums (hi)

So I take it I have to start a new game for patch fixes to take effect? Is it certain ones in particular?

I don't think anyone knows 100% which fixes are save game compatible, but I remember the fixed wages one only worked on new games for me and towns stayed poor forever as well.

SharpXe can you be more descriptive of your errors? More specific perhaps? I'm just not getting those errors myself.

Jerv243 said:
SharpXe said:
I think that was on purpose, however if you are aim at him with bow when he trys to fight you, he gets shot, cheap move but still kinda funny.
Well it's still retarded.
Firstly, why does my character obey? It should play out like this:
Tavern keeper: "No shooting!"
Me: "Shut your filthy mouth, you bloody peasant, or you'll get one between the eyes too!"
Tavern keeper: "My humblest apologies, m'lord."
Secondly, why have that conversation at all? The NPCs can't be hit anyway, as you are freely allowed to test while a drunk is not around, so what's the point of it? Is it just to force players to use a melee weapon? :neutral:

SharpXe said:
singleplayer seems to be completely broken.

script errors
critical errors
broken quests

multiple problems with losing fief or battle

bots using no kicks (no alternative weapon modes, not picking stuff from ground not changing shield when current broken)

X mode for weapons does not work
shield coverage too large
shield penetration does not work

X mode for weapons works fine for me.
A character or npc with points in shield gets increased shield coverage area, that's just part of the shield skill.
shield penetration? what is supposed to have shield penetration? Are you talking about axes? because that just does bonus damage to the shield, not penetrate it.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Secondly, why have that conversation at all? The NPCs can't be hit anyway, as you are freely allowed to test while a drunk is not around, so what's the point of it? Is it just to force players to use a melee weapon? :neutral:
It's supposed to be a drunken brawl. What do you think would happen if you walked into your local and started a fistfight, as opposed to what would happen if you walked in and started firing a shotgun?

Back
Top Bottom