Version 0.800 Modding & Tweaking (check 1st post for updates) -updated 26th Nov

Users who are viewing this thread

Talak

Sergeant Knight
Here's a few things new for version 0.800.  There's plenty more; I'll add more when I can play more.

Savegame location:
My Documents\Mount&Blade Savegames

Config files location: (thanks to Janus)
"<root drive>:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mount&Blade\"

Text resizing:
Mount&Blade\Data\font_data.xml
change:
font_scale="100"
to something like:
font_scale="60"

Water Reflections:
- Untick "Fast Water Reflections" in Configuration to gain full water reflections. (at the cost of speed of course)

Modules:
- uses module.ini instead of module_info.txt
- music should be modular now; the music.txt file is within the mod folder instead of the Data folder.
- the main.bmp file in your mod folder can be changed; this will show up whenever you select a mod in the M&B launcher. (thanks to Highlander)
- props can now take damage, and may have triggers assigned to them. (thanks to Thorgrim)
- map icons are culled based on size, not origin, allowing much larger icons (thanks to Thorgrim)

Module.ini: (thanks to Winter)
From module.ini:

num_hints = 8 -- In-game hints.
time_multiplier = 0.15 -- Set the rate at which time passes on the overland map.
seeing_range    = 6.5 -- Sight range.
track_spotting_multiplier = 0.8 -- Influence of Spotting skill on sight range.
blood_multiplier = 2.0 -- Yeah.

skill_prisoner_management_bonus = 5 -- Set amount for Prisoner Management skill.
skill_leadership_bonus = 5 -- Set amount for Leadership skill (yay!).
base_companion_limit = 5 -- Your starting max party size.

A new field from module_skins that should get people excited:

skel_human 1.000000 -- Skeleton + scale is my bet.

Languages:
Create a new folder in your "Mount&Blade\languages" folder.  Name it after the language, eg Spanish, Turkish etc.
Translate hints.csv and ui.csv (they are Excel files) and save them in your new folder.
Then in Mount&Blade\language.txt replace "en" with the name of your new folder.
*I don't think this will work with any other languages than those that use the english alphabet.

Compatible Mods:
Battle Size Changer 1.02, by Janus

Compatible Modding Tools:
Thorgrim's Map Editor v0.8.0
BRF Edit 0.7.6 Hackfix, by Thorgrim

Please feel free to add anything else that you've noticed that would be useful.

8027ts0.jpg

You are now able to edit the ground height and the texture of the scene you're in.
Should come in useful for converting old scens to new, because the terrain code has likely changed.

Ingolifs said:
<snap>

You are now able to edit the ground height and the texture of the scene you're in.
Should come in useful for converting old scens to new, because the terrain code has likely changed.

Beyond hot. Godamn school..

Just a quicky thing -- It seems like there's a whole new bunch of agent code and animation stuff. The dummies and arrow thingies in the training ground must use some of the new code, I think.

Maybe this could finally get us closer to a proper hunting feature..

*leaves to school* :neutral:

I still can't figure out how to display east-asian languages like chinese in M&B.
Just changing the UI text won't work(just empty characters)
I suppose it's something to do with font in data folder
but what does all those numbers mean?

I've been over the new module files, and I've found a few interesting things.

From module.ini:

num_hints = 8 -- In-game hints.
time_multiplier = 0.15 -- Set the rate at which time passes on the overland map.
seeing_range    = 6.5 -- Sight range.
track_spotting_multiplier = 0.8 -- Influence of Spotting skill on sight range.
blood_multiplier = 2.0 -- Yeah.

skill_prisoner_management_bonus = 5 -- Set amount for Prisoner Management skill.
skill_leadership_bonus = 5 -- Set amount for Leadership skill (yay!).
base_companion_limit = 5 -- Your starting max party size.

A new field from module_skins that should get people excited:

skel_human 1.000000 -- Skeleton + scale is my bet.

Of course, this tells me nothing about new module system commands. Sigh!

Quarterly,
Winter

have you noticed the targets on the training grounds? maybe it works with the position of the arrow, would be very amazing

the picture "main" in the mod folder... did you notice it shows up in the launch window as a mod preview, woha!

Yes, seems all Props now register hits like agents (as you may notice when you do couch damage to the wall in the arena)
There also seems to be triggers you can set for when props are hit... and I guess there is some way to make them move, as the dummies do.

Also, something that may seem very minor... but is a great improvement IMO, is that map icons are now culled based on size, not just based on thier origin... so we can now have massive icons and they wont pop in and out as the did before.

+ there is lots of other stuff I haven't had time to look into much yet...

In that case, we should be able to have a destructable environment  :grin:  Once there's proper support, we should be able to create catapults and destructable walls...
If there are the right triggers, things like fire arrows might become possible, also.

is it just me or does the new version's mod selecting not work? If I select a mod and start, it uses another one.

It doesn't even list the mods over here.
Replace the dummies with an animated wall and you'll have destructable walls!

Wait, the thing that scares me the most right now, if I install the game, will all my modules and work and python  be lost? WIll I have to reinstalll everything?

Raz said:
It doesn't even list the mods over here.
Replace the dummies with an animated wall and you'll have destructable walls!
it lists them when they have all the files, the old mods have less files than the new.

btw: Anyone here who has 3dsmax and could make a VTA file for me? I don't have access to max right now. I would sent the model to him, AFAIK he only has to create a new frame where the sword is rescaled and moved into the scabbard, and export.

Talak said:
In that case, we should be able to have a destructable environment  :grin:  Once there's proper support, we should be able to create catapults and destructable walls...
If there are the right triggers, things like fire arrows might become possible, also.

Aye, that's what I was thinking!

@  Chilly--I'd back everything up, just to be sure.

Chilly5 said:
Wait, the thing that scares me the most right now, if I install the game, will all my modules and work and python  be lost? WIll I have to reinstalll everything?

It will overwrite any Mount & Blade files used to play Native. Other than that, nothing should be deleted. However, I'd suggest installing it in a new directory (ex. Mount & Blade - v.0.800).

that scene is beautiful. Really nice, the possibilities for modders seem to be a lot wider now..

num_hints = 8
time_multiplier = 0.02
seeing_range    = 6.5
track_spotting_multiplier = 0.8
blood_multiplier = 10.0

skill_prisoner_management_bonus = 5
skill_leadership_bonus = 5
base_companion_limit = 5

display_wp_firearms = 0

Wow.  I have been trying these out and they all work so far.  The time speeds you up like crazy on the map.  It would be nice to keep movement speed independent of time, but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom