Version 0.27 (Dev) Feedback - Latest Patch 0.27.3 (pending)

Users who are viewing this thread

Been playing .27 and really liked Oathbound so far. However, regardless of my companions or my kills during a battle, squad kills in the payment page never changes. Is it quest-specific, do PC and Companions not count, or a bug?

Also noticed some ability overlap: Rallying Figure grants an additional +2 to morale per leadership skill, while Inspiring (I think) gives the same boost, but lacks the +3 additional command of Rallying Figure. Thanks for the awesome mod. Easily one of my favorites.

TheMainMethod said:
Been playing .27 and really liked Oathbound so far. However, regardless of my companions or my kills during a battle, squad kills in the payment page never changes. Is it quest-specific, do PC and Companions not count, or a bug?
That would be a bug if they're not counting.  They only count while you are in a "serving in the party" state though in case that is relevant.  Can anyone else confirm this?

Also noticed some ability overlap: Rallying Figure grants an additional +2 to morale per leadership skill, while Inspiring (I think) gives the same boost, but lacks the +3 additional command of Rallying Figure.
This is intended.  They have that ability in comment, but their own separate effects as well.

I'm really loving the implementation of Freelancer so far, has added an extra dimension to the mod! Is there any way to request leave at the moment to carry out missions and what not? I've not been able to find the option in the menu.

Windyplains said:
TheMainMethod said:
That would be a bug if they're not counting.  They only count while you are in a "serving in the party" state though in case that is relevant.  Can anyone else confirm this?

I can, I have this aswell, but I think it is linked to the code error that appears when you open the weekly pay tab' I did report to you earlier.

Also, I'm never being paid, am I the only one ? I Started a new game, tried to uninstall/instal back, and I am still not getting paid, even after 2 or 3 month  :???:

KidKoala said:
I'm really loving the implementation of Freelancer so far, has added an extra dimension to the mod! Is there any way to request leave at the moment to carry out missions and what not? I've not been able to find the option in the menu.

Request and audience with your commander, and you should have the option in the dialogue, requesting for a leave needed to accomplish your mission.

Shakalis said:
Windyplains said:
TheMainMethod said:

I can, I have this aswell, but I think it is linked to the code error that appears when you open the weekly pay tab' I did report to you earlier.

Also, I'm never being paid, am I the only one ? I Started a new game, tried to uninstall/instal back, and I am still not getting paid, even after 2 or 3 month  :???:

KidKoala said:

Request and audience with your commander, and you should have the option in the dialogue, requesting for a leave needed to accomplish your mission.

The options appeared now that i've advanced to militia rank thanks, not to mention a wide selection of missions!

My party doesn't seem to be receiving any weekly pay though, or haven't done in the past three weeks atleast.

Once you have an active mission that requires leaving the party a dialog option for asking to leave will become available.  This does not require taking leave.  Leave is intended as non-mission related time off.

Pay is broken until the next update.

Windyplains said:
Once you have an active mission that requires leaving the party a dialog option for asking to leave will become available.  This does not require taking leave.  Leave is intended as non-mission related time off.

Pay is broken until the next update.

Thankyou, this isn't a massive issue as there's still a decent amount to be made from loot. When the pay is working will the player be able to recieve money from Fife's/Enterprises when enlisted? this is an issue all other incarnations of Freelancer have had where Enterprises sit Idle when the player is a part of a lords army.

If one disables enhanced tournaments but not the tournament quests, has Nissa hired, and didn't make any progress on her quests, the game will announce that Nissa is upset when you enter a town where a tournament is held. Once you enter the tournament, the game will spam that Nissa is upset. Upon finishing the tournament and leaving elsewhere, Nissa will complain that your character didn't participate in the tournament. However, all these complaints do absolutely nothing to her morale and disposition, she'll be as happy (or miserable) as before.

KidKoala said:
Thankyou, this isn't a massive issue as there's still a decent amount to be made from loot. When the pay is working will the player be able to recieve money from Fife's/Enterprises when enlisted? this is an issue all other incarnations of Freelancer have had where Enterprises sit Idle when the player is a part of a lords army.
Yes, all other investments will work.  I am not sure why they didn't for FreelancerOathbound actually only shares as much code with Freelancer that you could fit on a single page.  I use the comparison in name mainly because they share the same basic concept.  Point being that they shouldn't share similar issues in their design.

Is it possible to modify loot/wage ratio based on culture the lord the player server belongs to? For example, Khergits wouldn't pay anything but player would get a lot of loot while Swadians would pay quite well while giving out little loot.

Leifdin said:
Is it possible to modify loot/wage ratio based on culture the lord the player server belongs to? For example, Khergits wouldn't pay anything but player would get a lot of loot while Swadians would pay quite well while giving out little loot.

That, if it is possible, is a pretty good idea !

Found some more weapon bugs. Long Bardiche and Great Long Bardiche only thrust on horse back. Staff, Quarter Staff, and Iron Staff have thrust, but also have right one-handed swing.

Also, my Prisoners of War quest does not seem to be working. Do the prisoners have to be captured outside your commander's party and brought back, or was it intended for the Player to simply use a blunt weapon during an attached battle?

On the note of the no payment bug, I did just get paid,  but that error code from Sharkis on page 1 appeared. Realize you said you fixed it, just wanted you to know in case this was a different problem area.

On the Scouting Ahead mission, it implies being stealthy around the targets is necessary, but as soon as you leave the lord's party, faction relations basically reset, allowing you full access to the lands without any worry. I even won a tournament at the enemy's capital, Sargoth, then continued on my scouting mission.

Just a few things I've noticed over the past couple hours. As an aside, is there a way to enable or finish the Brass Veiled Sarranid Helm? It would really complete my Golden Sultan Guard. Thanks for the work, and sorry if I'm being Captain Obvious.

So, my squad kills and Prisoners of War mission suddenly just started working. The only changes I made was in Morgh's Editor to the weapons in my previous post. Earlier neither feature was functioning, then got back on and Boom! Started working immediately. Completed Prisoner of War quest, got some squad kills, renewed my contract with the Vaegarin (?) Marshal (who had adsorbed an additional 1800 men along with their lords), then peace was made. Decided to do the Sealed Letter and Courage Comes In A Cask missions. Delivered the letter, found some Ale, won a tournament, bought the remaining ale and returned to Doru. After, squad kills and global reputation increases stopped occurring.

Also, after renewing my contract, the available tasks renewed, but an error code popped up: Quest "Scouting Ahead" failed to update
Function 12.

If these text walls are annoying, let me know and I make them more concise.

I see my companions leveling at odd times of the day (no visible source of xp gain), and sometimes when I open the party screen random companions have the dog piss beat out of them.  Also, when I loaded a saved game all my companions out gathering support went to 0 days left and started coming in at one per morning.  This is on a new game for 0.27.1 and in the service of a lord (though while out of his party on missions).

Also I'm seeing debug messages for 2% healing on every kill when no one with Commanding Presence is around, and double messages for that in tournaments.  Occasionally my companions show up twice on the tournament in-round score list.  And they show up to feasts. :razz:

Freelancer style play isn't generally my interest, but it does look like a good implementation so far.

Marinxar said:
Next pay day( On weekly budget report) : March 25. I am already in April. Still received no pay.

Game updated with new patch. 0.27.2
The line describing what your pay should be doesn't pop up on your weekly budget at all?

To be clear, pay only occurs if you are in one of the following states:
1) Serving within the lord's party.
2) Away from the party directly supporting a quest.

Any other condition, like being on leave or separated, prevents you from being paid.

Back
Top Bottom