[V4.5] REPORTED BUGS LIST / VERSION 4.57 (hotfixes here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked SoD more than Warband, was all excited about the new version and stuff... but I just can't battle in this new version, it crashes when the battle starts. (using 1.011)

My pc is good, and other MB/warband mods work very well (including older SoD), it is something implemented in the latest versions.

[ptx] said:
Tigri said:
Twan said:
Add hotfix for faith troops event : http://www.mediafire.com/?yztyt1mzwmw (replace game_menus.txt)

the link doesnt work file is deleted :S can u upload it somewhere i need it badly i dont have any holy troops or maybe i dont know how to get them lol no idea

I wonder if theyve lost that fix or something. Ive already made 2 posts about this before, no response... :/

or lol maybe they're just too boored to put it up i mean its just a file and many ppl have it downloadet when link worked  its just that im not getting any holy troops i get adenian squires immigrating i got churchs on every village town castle but nothing yet i dunno even how can i get them and i need some super bad ass troops :grin:

Few bugs.

Quest: Can't complete mercs supply caravan quest. The caravan seem to fail to realise that town is right there...

Faith Troops recruitment: One Guided One and one zealus High Cheaf out of one Villianese High Cheaf.

Law Edicts: Whenever I try to dismiss an edict, instead of one I want, random/last enacted edicts are dismissed making me unable to change laws without huge penalty from dismissing everything.

Nobles: Huge and wast hordes (about 1k per day) of nobles spawning in my castle with no option to make them stop. Only solution is to dismiss them every day so they wont drain my coffers.

Idk if its bug or feature or lack of it, but this damn nobles seem to want to zerg me to death. I bet they work for the Empire -.-.

Fief Managment: Builded Knight Stables in towns... More nobles even after I abandoned the castle :/

ok after disabling ragdolls, i can fight for a while. But somehow it crashes with a c++ runtime error, when the new wave of enemies is spawning and sometimes when i try to save the game after a fight.

Made a clean install, still crashes after 5-10 minutes, unplayable. 4.5 wasnt as beautiful as 4.7 but at least it worked :sad:

Hey, I've been following this mod for a long time, but the most recent iteration (4.57) seems to have some serious issues.

With the textures turned way down, the battle size set at 40, and with a graphics card and processor capable of maybe 20 times those settings, I'm still getting frequent crashes. On top of that, at random times, the game says "You lost 24000 denars" or the like with no explanation, which happens to be all of my money, and empties my inventory at the same time. This is a huge issue no matter how you cut it, but when I just got the bounty from capturing an enemy king which I need badly to keep my empire running, and suddenly I'm flat broke with nothing to my name but my troops and land (and a 4,400 denar upkeep a half-day away), it's game-ending.

I'm still getting tons of 'str sod in' and OPcode errors, and my lords run back to their castles to rearm if they lose a single man, leading me to wonder if there's a way to execute the dumb sons of... well, you know.

Using a totally fresh install of 1.011 with the 4.57 7-zip automated extractor.

I just wanted to get more info on who is also crashing, what is your PC specs? Maybe it is some incompatibility issue and we can find a pattern here... and which option is screwing us up.

I am using:
CPU: Phenom X4
VGA: ATI Radeon HD3200
RAM: 4GB
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (tried with, without and mixed compatibility options)
Load textures on demand is ON

Edit: Sorry if this is not the place for this, but I feel this is blocking many players from playing SoD.

CPU: AMD Phenom 9600
GFX: ATI Radeon 4850

In addition, all compatibility modes have been turned on and off to no avail, like Lord_Magus says.

CPU: Intel® Core2 Duo E8400
Mainboard: Asus P5Q-PRO
GFX:  NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB (tryed it with minimum and maximum settings)

I am getting tons of crashes too
2 radeon 4890's
Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.8GHZ
4GB's ram
Windows Vista 64 bit

The game ran perfectly for 2 real life days of playing it and I had the time of my life, now it crashes every time I enter a scene - enter a battle - crash,enter a city - crash, buy some stuff- crash, talk with a lord - crash.

I really love this mod, but I need some help.

Badboy is not working - mine is over 100, no wars declared on my faction, 0 decay per week (even when I get a screen message of a badboy reduction).
No crashes or dropped saves.
Changing edicts does not seem to change results.  I was at royal supremacy and losing global faith, so I changed to inquisition and theocracy (even adding holy war), but my global faith deductions and renown additions did not change any, even weeks later.  It seems there is a disconnect between edicts and results if there is a change - the results align with initial choices and not updated choices.
Investment is working properly - last 2 resulted in over 100% profit.  Seems to be the only way to keep ahead of rising military costs.

Guyz how can i change the number of prisoners i can hold ?

Never mind, i figured it out

But this version crashes as a hell
I rarely can finish a single battle without CTD

About str sod random and such errors. There' re a lot of them really...
But I've found in game_strings.csv language file, that positions of tags and descriptions swapped... only for this str tags. Is it normal?? I see such thing for the first time...

_Malo..._hah,_surely_!_No_matter_how_much_I_pray,_he_won't_raise_my_salary...|str sod random mt5 1
Fancy_clothes,_aye_?|str sod random mt5 2
War,_corruption,_filth..._ah,_just_like_home.|str sod random mt5 3
Hm..._I_wonder_if_Malo's_mate,_Admiral_Cortez_had_more_success_with_the_expedition...|str sod random mt5 4
Even_if_we_hadn't_shipwrecked,_we'd_have_burnt_the_vessels_anyway._None_of_us_want_to_go_back_to_Vesapnia._It's_better_here.|str sod random mt5 5
Admiral_Malo_is_a_living_saint,_I_tell_you_!_He_didn't_bring_much_good_fortune,_though...|str sod random mt5 6
If_only_we_had_brought_more_horses_from_Vesapnia..._but_true,_we_had_more_than_enough_trouble_with_their_seasickness_in_the_first_place...|str sod random mt5 7
When_I_signed_for_the_expedition_in_Vesapnia,_I_thought_we_were_going_to_conquer_something_instead_of_delivering_trade_goods._Ironic,_isn't_it_?|str sod random mt6 1
Enemies_cannot_frighten_me_!|str sod random mt6 2
I_have_scars_to_earn_!|str sod random mt6 3
Crossing_the_mountains_costed_many_lives,_but_it_had_to_be_so_to_prove_our_worth_to_the_Spirits..._I_think.|str sod random mt6 4
The_northern_people_are_all_so_strange_to_me..._of_course,_for_them_we_are_probably_just_as_strange...|str sod random mt6 5
I'm_puzzled_by_the_ways_of_the_Khergits._I_thought_riding_animals_is_an_evil_act,_but_it_seems_the_Horse_Spirit_doesn't_mind_if_they_use_his_children_as_mounts...|str sod random mt6 6
After_the_initiation_ceremony,_the_shaman_said_I_was_a_man._But_my_wife_disagreed...|str sod random mt6 7
When_you_speak_with_High_Priestess_Khepri,_note_how_her_existance_is_a_balance_of_wisdom,_beauty_and_strength.|str sod random mt7 1
Almost_all_of_our_weapons_used_to_be_made_of_wood_and_bones_until_the_Khergits_taught_us_metalworks.|str sod random mt7 2
Don't_worry,_we_ate_the_last_cannibals_decades_ago.|str sod random mt7 3
Aim_is_critical_in_every_act._I_prefer_aiming_straight_to_the_heart,_both_in_battle_and_love.|str sod random mt7 4
The_shamans_say_I'll_have_a_red-haired_son_who_will_sell_tasteless_food_at_large...|str sod random mt7 5
While_we_honor_our_ancestors,_it_was_a_wise_choice_to_leave_Ubum-Izwe_and_the_old_ways_behind._Now_Sessar_can_rot_in_the_wasteland_he_created.|str sod random mt7 6
We_are_prideful_hunters.|str sod random mt8 1
All_things_are_bound_together|str sod random mt8 2
One_finger_cannot_live_without_the_rest_of_the_hand.|str sod random mt8 3
I_commune_with_the_Spirits.|str sod random mt8 4
Balance_is_the_key.|str sod random mt8 5
There_is_a_disturbance_in_the_force...|str sod random mt8 6
I_see_dead_people...|str sod random mt8 7
Death_is_a_part_of_life._It_maintains_the_balance_of_the_world.|str sod random mt8 8
The_great_Elephant_may_have_passed_from_this_world,_but_he_still_guides_us.|str sod random mt8 9
Unakozi_watches_over_us.|str sod random mt9 1
Ehh,_women...|str sod random mt9 2
Why_do_men_always_get_the_dirty_jobs_?!|str sod random mt9 3
Talk_about_equal_rights...|str sod random mt9 4
When_I_get_older,_I'll_just_step_off_and_join_one_the_Nord_bands.|str sod random mt9 5
Like_my_clothes_?_I_made_them_myself_!|str sod random mt10 1
Ehh,_men...|str sod random mt10 2
I_train_every_day_so_I'll_be_just_as_great_as_the_heroines_of_old_!|str sod random mt10 3
I_long_to_see_the_world...|str sod random mt10 4
See_this_shield_?_My_husband_made_it_for_me_!_Isn't_it_nice_?|str sod random mt10 5
What_I_lack_in_muscles,_I_make_up_by_other_factors..._hey,_what's_with_that_look_?!|str sod random mt10 6
I've_heard_that_apart_from_our_settlement,_every_realm_is_male-dominant_!_I_can't_believe_it_!_What_has_become_of_the_world_?!|str sod random mt10 7
Did_you_know_that_some_of_our_ancestors_were_in_close_relation_with_the_Swadian_royal_family_?_Now_you_can_figure_why_they_had_warrior_queens_at_a_time...|str sod random mt10 8
I'm_not_sure_if_allying_with_Ragnar_was_a_fine_idea._Sure,_the_Nords_are_like_our_brother-nation,_but_now_we_aren't_allowed_to_travel_anywhere_except_where_the_Nords_want_to_expand_their_borders.|str sod random mt11 1
With_valor_comes_honor_!|str sod random mt11 2
Could_use_some_beer...|str sod random mt11 3
We_could_duel_once_if_ye'_feel_like_it_!|str sod random mt11 4
Before_we_met_the_Nords,_the_men_usually_stayed_behind_in_the_settlement._Now,_we_all_get_our_share_of_fun_!_Arr_!|str sod random mt11 5
...so_the_Looter_said:_'You_better_not_be_a_manhunta'_!',_and_I_was_like:_'Well,_actually_I'm_much_worse.'...|str sod random mt11 6
We,_the_Jotnars_like_axes_really_much._A_fine_axe_can_be_useful_in_almost_every_situation._Chopping_wood_and_heads_is_but_two_of_its_many_uses...|str sod random mt12 1
This_world_brought_me_much_grief._I_intend_to_repay_that_debt.|str sod random mt12 2
...so_there_was_a_Sea_Raider,_yelling:_'Less_talking,_more_maiming_!'_And_I_said:_'That_can_be_arranged.'...|str sod random mt12 3
I'm_a_child_of_Fenrir..._soon,_my_enemies_will_know_it.|str sod random mt12 4
One_day_I_shall_exact_harsh_vengeance.|str sod random mt12 5
During_the_full_moon,_I_howl_along_with_the_wolves.|str sod random mt12 6
...what_do_you_mean_by_'lycantrophy'_?|str sod random mt12 7
Eye_for_eye,_period._And_I_don't_care_if_it_makes_the_world_blind.|str sod random mt13 1
I_see_with_purpose..._and_I_can_see_right_through_you.|str sod random mt13 2
The_future_is_clouded_and_uncertain.|str sod random mt13 3
What_you_just_think_of_is_not_going_to_happen.|str sod random mt13 4
It_is_easy_to_bow_before_others;_to_be_unbound_is_noble,_but_hard.|str sod random mt13 5
Fenrir_favors_those_who_walk_their_own_road.|str sod random mt13 6
You_have_many_perils_awaiting_on_your_path.|str sod random mt14 1
Huh?|str sod random mt14 2
What_is_it_?|str sod random mt14 3
There's_much_work_to_do.|str sod random mt14 4
(Sigh)...|str sod random mt14 5
My_knees_hurt...|str sod random mt14 6
Will_the_work_never_end_?|str sod random mt15 1
I_don't_know_what's_worse:_working_as_a_Kapikulu_or_fighting_as_a_Cemaat._Man...|str sod random mt15 2
I_have_to_clean_my_weapons_every_day..._it's_tiresome...|str sod random mt15 3
I_always_try_to_stay_at_the_last_lines_in_battle...|str sod random mt15 4
Our_numbers_grow_each_passing_day,_much_to_the_Khanate's_dismay.|str sod random mt15 5
I_love_this_work._Kindred_people,_sane_rules,_good_boss..._if_only_we_didn't_have_to_actually_fight...|str sod random mt15 6
Couldn't_we_just_live_in_peace_?|str sod random mt16 1
No_lack_of_courage_!|str sod random mt16 2
One_day,_we_shall_take_back_what_belonged_to_us.|str sod random mt16 3
Our_cause_is_just,_and_the_payment_is_high.|str sod random mt16 4
My_name_means_'immortal'._Too_bad_it_isn't_working...|str sod random mt16 5
I_wanted_to_be_a_Sipahi_or_a_Timariot,_but_the_horse_always_threw_me_off...|str sod random mt16 6
It_is_strange_working_alongside_the_Rhodoks..._in_the_past,_they_were_enemies_just_like_now_the_Khanate.|str sod random mt17 1
My_brethren_and_me_are_serpents,_swift_and_deadly.|str sod random mt17 2
Our_hissing_blades_will_silence_the_Khan's_lackeys.|str sod random mt17 3
We_escaped_from_the_Khanate,_but_remained_true_Khergits_in_heart.|str sod random mt17 4
I_hate_the_heavy_armors_and_shields,_but_it's_a_necessity_nowadays.|str sod random mt17 5
We_and_the_Rhodoks_don't_always_understand_each_other,_but_nevertheless_we_get_along_pretty_well.|str sod random mt17 6
Our_battles_with_the_Swadians_proved_to_be_a_valuable_experience_when_we_formed_the_heavy_cavalry_branch_of_the_Serpent_Host.|str sod random mt17 7
We_have_hundreds,_no,_thousands_of_fine_steeds_!_Can_you_imagine_the_mess_at_the_stables_?!|str sod random mt17 8
Stupid..._helmet..._I_can't_take_off_this_thing...!|str sod random mt18 1
(Omnious_stare.)|str sod random mt18 2
(Looks_at_you_as_if_you_were_an_idiot.)|str sod random mt18 3
(Hums_and_looks_questioning.)|str sod random mt18 4
(Glimpses_at_you,_then_turns_away_in_disgust.)|str sod random mt18 5
(His_glare_is_so_dreadful_that_you're_about_to_piss_yourself.)|str sod random mt19 1
I_wanna'_talk_to_Sampson_!|str sod random mt19 2
I_was_one_day_late_with_the_denars,_but_hey,_gimme'_a_break_!|str sod random mt19 3
Everyone_makes_mistakes,_but_come_on_!|str sod random mt19 4
When_I_signed_the_contract,_they_talked_about_a_job_at_the_'human_resource_management'._Reeeaaaally_funny.|str sod random mt19 5
I_ran_away_once,_but_they_had_horses...|str sod random mt19 6
This_is_a_bad_dream,_right..._right...?!|str sod random mt19 7
Uhh,_my_head..._tormenting_tools_?_Chains_?_Funny-dressed_bad-looking_people_?_I_knew_I_should_have_given_up_smoking_that_stuff...|str sod random mt19 8
Help_!_I'm_an_oppressed_member_of_the_working_class_!|str sod random mt19 9
I'll_never_ask_for_a_loan_again...|str sod random mt20 1
Mind_yer_own_business_!|str sod random mt20 2
Get_lost_!|str sod random mt20 3
What_?_I_don't_know,_and_I_don't_care_!|str sod random mt20 4
Look_!_A_three-headed_monkey_!|str sod random mt20 5
Leave_me_alone,_cracka'_!|str sod random mt20 6
Going_legit_is_more_trouble_than_it's_worth...|str sod random mt20 7
Without_us,_society_would_collapse.|str sod random mt20 8
Laws_are_meant_to_be_broken.|str sod random mt20 9
Lowly_people_like_us_prove_the_faliure_of_the_current_educational,_economical_and_political_system_!|str sod random mt21 1
I_choose_this_job_because_I_like_to_deal_with_people...|str sod random mt21 2
I_wanted_to_be_a_doctor_but_couldn't_afford_the_education...|str sod random mt21 3
The_screams,_howls,_shrieks_and_shouts..._I_can't_get_them_out_of_my_head_!_It's_so_relaxing...|str sod random mt21 4
I_enjoy_doing_naughy_things_to_chained,_defenseless_people..._if_only_they_were_women...|str sod random mt21 5
Pain_is_an_art._I'm_an_artist._And_my_boss_is_a_Maecenas,_truly...|str sod sa in castle 1
My_classification_of_troops_may_be_different_than_what_their_homeland_considers_them_to_be.__I_may_consider_a_unit_to_be_the_backbone,_while_their_Lords_incorrectly_call_them_veteran.__I_rank_troops_based_on_their_experience_in_battle,_not_their_gear.__Levels_1_to_9_are_recruits,_level_10_to_14_are_the_backbone_average_run_of_the_mill_troops,_level_15_to_19_are_veterans,_level_20_to_24_are_elites,_and_finally_level_25+_are_legendary.|str sod sa in castle 2
I_knew_you_would_prevail.__Now_we_must_expand_and_defend_our_territory.|str sod sa in castle 3
Talk_to_the_Chancellor_and_request_he_recruits_lords_from_the_homeland_to_serve_you.__I_know_of_at_least_20_lords_that_survived_the_legion_and_would_give_up_their_homeland_if_they_had_a_chance_for_a_better_life.|str sod sa in castle 4
Keep_upgrading_the_religious_facilities_in_your_territories_and_the_men_will_rally_to_your_faith.|str sod sa in castle 5
Do_not_be_so_quick_to_upgrade_your_units.__Sure_they_perform_better_on_the_battlefield,_but_the_more_men_of_one_troop_type_you_have,_the_faster_the_rest_will_train_and_increase_in_experience.__Wait_to_upgrade_in_batches_and_when_you_are_on_your_way_back_to_a_castle_and_can_give_your_men_the_new_gear_immediately_or_right_before_a_great_battle_to_increase_effectiveness.|str sod sa in castle 6
I_tell_you_what,_those_faithless_engineers_are_onto_something.__My_opinion_is_that_the_future_of_warfare_will_be_in_the_hands_of_those_hand_cannons.|str sod sa in castle 7
After_you_claim_either_a_Castle_or_Town,_talk_to_your_Castle's_Chancellor_about_the_land_requirements_needed_to_start_recruiting_Lords_to_your_new_Kingdom.|str sod sa in castle 8
Once_you_declare_your_own_Kingdom,_all_village_recruits_will_be_Peasants_who_can_only_be_upgraded_at_your_Marshall_into_your_specialized_troops._Upgrade_paths_will_depend_on_which_structures_you_have_built_to_train_them.|str sod sa in castle 9
You_can_order_your_Marshall_to_automatically_garrison_troops_in_your_Castle/Town.__Beware_that_these_garrisons_will_affect_the_availability_of_local_peasants_to_recruit_as_well_as_keep_your_population_levels_low_which_affect_taxes_as_well.|str sod sa in castle 10
I_cannot_stand_that_Jester.__We_were_playing_numerous_games_of_chess_and_I_was_completely_impressed_by_his_skill.__After_the_third_game,_I_caught_him_cheating.__If_I_did_not_enjoy_his_since_of_humor,_I_would_have_run_my_blade_through_his_gut_and_watched_him_bleed.|str castlename 0
Somewhere_Else|str castlename 1
Culmarr|str castlename 2
Malayurg|str castlename 3
Bulugha|str castlename 4
Radoghir|str castlename 5
Tehlrog|str castlename 6
Tilbaut|str castlename 7
Sungetche|str castlename 8
Jeirbendale|str castlename 9
Jamiche|str castlename 10
Alburq|str castlename 11
Curin|str castlename 12
Chalbek|str castlename 13
Kelredan|str castlename 14
Maras|str castlename 15
Ergellon|str castlename 16
Almerra|str castlename 17
Distar|str castlename 18
Ismirala|str castlename 19
Yruma|str castlename 20
Derchios|str castlename 21
Ibdeles|str castlename 22
Unuzdaq|str castlename 23
Tevarin|str castlename 24
Reindi|str castlename 25
Ryibel|str castlename 26
Senuzgda|str castlename 27
Rindyar|str castlename 28
Grunwald|str castlename 29
Nelag|str castlename 30
Asugan|str castlename 31
Vyincourd|str castlename 32
Knudarr|str castlename 33
Etrosq|str castlename 34
Hrus|str castlename 35
Haringoth|str castlename 36
Jelbeghor|str castlename 37
Dramug|str castlename 38
Tulbuk|str castlename 39
Slezkh_Highlands|str castlename 40
Uhhun|str castlename 99

And please, i want to add variables in brackets next to every sentence at town and village menu screens describing exactly my relation with fief, population's health, prosperity in numbers. How can i do it? I tired of asking, nobody helps...

Iv searched the listed known bugs and i see a lot with windows 7 (my OS) and my game is crashing at the end of every battle and everything is a first install i havnt even played native module since the reinstall anyone got help or ideas on the problem?

EDIT: it happens on end of tonurments and other battles but non iv had with the looters

i must say that im edicted to this mod im playing it for the last week and its really fun.
it crashes a few times each time that i played.
but now i got to a point that it crashes every time i finish a battle and press continue.
i had it before and the only way i could solve it was "not participating in the battle"
but this time one of my castle is  being sieged and i have to join the battle.
each time that i win it crashes right after i press the continue button with a runtime error.
it seems like bug 109. i saw in the earlier pages that someone download battle sizer and it stop crashing i tried that and it keep crashing.
i try to turn off the rest after battle and formation system and nothing happens.
i had really great time but im about to give up the mod is really amazing but i cant play it.

my spec:
dell M1530
windows 7 64 bit
intel core 2 due T9300 (2.5GHz)
4 GB ram
nvidia 8600 GT

if someone figure that out i can use some help here...

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I just got this mod a couple days ago but I also share the same crashing problems as you guys.

I also get a lot of those str sod text errors from the advisor, units, etc.

Some crashes I get are also weird... For instance, I sometimes crash whenever my weapon makes contact with somebody's face while I'm riding past them on horseback (It's timed perfectly, it crashes right as the impact sound starts...). One time I crashed on the strategy map, and other times I crash right at the beginning of a battle.

I've reinstalled the game fresh, and my computer can definitely handle the game (I have a GeForce 8800GT and a 3.02 ghz quadcore processor, plenty of RAM).

The couple of hours I can play this game are extremely enjoyable, but because I'm not a compulsive saver, I always end up having to replay hours of gameplay and have grown tired of even trying. I want to play this mod for its full value, so please find out what's wrong.

EDIT: And my OS is XP.

*BANNER THIEVES BUG*

When infiltrating an enemy city (in order to gain access to the marketplace and the inn) one have to fight the city guards, right? For some reason, however, the city guards had my costume banner drawn on their shields... a bug? a design flaw? idk. just fyi.

*RGL ERROR BUG*

Also - I have seen that there had been posts about that but since i am already posting i'll just say for record sakes that while playing(trying to) SOD4.5 I got a nasty "RGL ERROR: unable to lock vertex buffer" error like many others here, the game crashed during battles *and* on the world map. I never got this error on any other mod.

I run a q9400(cpu), 2GBx2 Dual-chan(3.23 RAM total), 9800gtx+(gfx card) machine and am running XP-Pro SP3.

Keep up the good work...
-Tuxu.

Can you guys fix the runtime error problem? Its so annoying that it makes it impossible to play. I really love the mod though :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom