USSB: A game I made

Users who are viewing this thread

HTAPAWASO

Master Knight
Today, in a fit of epic boredom, I decided to trawl through my old hard-drive looking for... well, anything, to be honest.

By chance, I stumbled across a game I had made for a school project when I was 15 or so, with the help of a nifty program called GameMaker or something (disclaimer: not that nifty).

So I gave it a whirl and decided it was pretty good for something that took about half a school day to make (maths class went to good use).

Long story short, I uploaded it, and now you're free to play it too if you like. Post high-scores etc. here... I only played once, and scored: 156159
If your computer freezes before you die, you get bonus points (the game gets a little CPU-heavy towards the end)

Download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/327482183/USSB.rar

Only a 1.2mb download so no excuses. Just extract and run, then tell me what you think (note that I am under no illusions that this is the next Pong, but try and be friendly).

Screenshots from the help screen because I'm too lazy to take proper ones:

ussb1.png

ussb2.png

ussb3.png

Also: If you've ever made a game yourself, feel free to post it in this thread.

lol WASO, i'm impressed!
I remember that Gamemaker program... shame I'm ****e at creativity when it comes to games  :cool:
Will try it and see how it goes!

btw is it just me or did you copy this game from something else? It looks exactly like a number of games i've played before, both arcade and internet

bobstar_24 said:
lol WASO, i'm impressed!
I remember that Gamemaker program... shame I'm ****e at creativity when it comes to games  :cool:
Will try it and see how it goes!

btw is it just me or did you copy this game from something else? It looks exactly like a number of games i've played before, both arcade and internet

It's not exactly an original concept.

And i copied the first baddie (the really easy ones), and the basic plane graphics from one of the demo programs that came with the gamemaker program. It's pretty much identical except much more badass, because there are enemies with LAZERS and HOMING MISSILES and all sorts of shizzle like that. But I think I put too much awesome badassery in, and not enough... balance. You can't even see what's happening on the screen within about 5 minutes because there are so many bullets and enemies flying everywhere (that screenshot I provided is nothing compared to what happens later).

Ilex said:
I made a battleship game with GUI using Python (pygame) for Uni. That's the only graphical game I've ever made.

Post it!

Back
Top Bottom