US Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on it's citizens

Users who are viewing this thread

Mage246 said:
Duh's posts basically stated that this policy is bipartisan.how would that trigger your allergy?

Story just broke yesterday didn't it? I predict lots of partisan dust is going to be stirred up so maybe I'm having preemptive allergies.

The story didn't break. We've known about the drone program for years now. The only thing that got released was the memo justifying it. The substance of that memo has also been known for some time, just not the actual wording.

In layman's terms: Whether you're an American citizen or not, if you help terrorists we'll kill you. Alternatively you could say: "Helping a terrorist organization plot against the US or its Allies is cause for a revocation of citizenship." Either way, drone strike.

Doesn't revoke citizenship, doesn't necessarily result in a drone strike, either. But if you assist terrorist organizations in areas with weak governments, don't expect the lack of strong local law enforcement to protect you from the US.

No but what I mean is, ostensibly, if you assist a terrorist organization plot against the U.S. it's kind of the same as renouncing your citizenship. For all intents and purposes you aren't a citizen anymore. You might be officially, but unofficially you're not, is what I meant to imply.

Tibertus said:
Citizenship renounced by a missile to the face? Sounds good to me.
They had to merge the department of defense with the census bureau and name it the department of kicking ass and taking names because of this.

Time to find the article I read the other day about the UN trying to sanction drone strikes. Basically it pointed out a lot of them have killed suspected terrorists (and civilians in the crossfire) which is basically illegal since they (un) wants proof they were a terrorist and not just someone with an ak walking his farm or something.

Time to hope my phone remembers the website it was from because I don't.

Edit : thank you Google : http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/24/u-n-begins-investigation-into-u-s-targeted-killings/

Bromden said:
I'm curious if they did anything that made them deserve death. Other than knowing someone from the Hidden Evil Enemy.

That super monstrous global threat known as Al Quaida which is such a threat to the homeland of the USA that we must surrender all of our rights and freedoms to stop them at any cost?

I love the last few terrorists who have been caught by the tireless efforts of our protectors. They find some moron who posts something stupid, then they contact him and tell him how to buy bombs or bomb making material then they put the stuff in his hands and arrest him. Wow, another Pearl Harbor type attack has been averted, good job men.

Oh FFS, it was posted twice? They're talking about using drones with cameras. Nothing to see here, move along.

The time will come, and America with Britain will pay for everything what that they have done. Including the organizing and sponsoring first and second world wars, including the external state debt, including massacres in the Middle East, etc. States also have the karma :wink:

Back
Top Bottom