MP Native [Update 1] Persistent Realms - Bannerlord Role-Play.

Users who are viewing this thread

EbKYnmq.png

Bannerlord Role-Play

An update in regards to our module which will support the server will come out soon.

We are currently looking for new volunteer members for our module team, see below what sort of roles we are after and the demand for the roles. All those interested in said roles are free to send me a PM on the forums or join our discord and contact Captain Obvious there. If you have a friend who can do one of the said roles and might be interested, now is the chance to let them know. All those submitting a request to work on the team must provide some evidence of past work.

C# Programmer - Moderate Demand.
3D Modeller - Urgent Demand.
Artist - High Demand.

Animator - High Demand.

As many of you may know me already from my posts on the forums or my contribution in the closed beta, I thought I'd throw in my future idea and contribution to the bannerlord. I've been part of the Warband Role-Play (RP) community for many years and myself with many others have be relishing on the thought of bannerlord RP. See the info below with older updates and more detailed information about things such as what bannerlord role-play actually is.

Update 1: The Picked Scenario - 19th December 2019

Set in the Northern Territories of Calradia, our scenario begins twelve years after the starting date of the bannerlord campaign. The lands have been left war-torn after the great war between the Kingdom of Vlandia, the Principality of Sturgia and to a lesser degree the Kingdom of Battania. Leaving many buildings in ashes, the fiefdoms of Ormanfard and Ormanfard Castle suffering the brute of the conflict. The war came to an end only a year before our scenario begins, leaving the Duke of Sargot to attempt to keep his realm together after the devastating losses he had taken.

There are many opportunities for both the great noble houses and the criminals of the scenario to grow their influential and holdings within the scenario. From the many rivers flowing through the scenes, to the vast forests allowing poaching and raids on caravans, to even an island, barely inhabited, to allow either a criminal settlement to pop up, an existing kingdom to prosper on there or even the possibility of a new force making their mark on the island! The possibilities within the scene are endless, and the different terrains from vast plains to tall mountains, you and your character will always be able to discover a small area within the scene to newly discover.

pDMndw6.png

The Kingdom of Vlandia:-

The liege lord of the realms of the Kingdom of Vlandia within the scenario would be the Duke of Sargot. The Duke is initially played as a tyrant to his people and after the terribly fought war between the Vlandians, Sturgians and Battanians, he is prone to blaming everyone else for the failure to try to cover his own back. With potential successors lined up to take over the ruling of the Duchy if an opportunity arises, the Duke is faced with the struggle to keep his realms together and more importantly his family in power. The territories that will be held within the realm of the Duke of Sargot will be:

Town - Sargot - Due to how hard the town was hit in the war and with the political situation which has engulfed the region, the Town of Sargot faces a dire situation of criminality and being festered by criminal gangs, even in the back streets of the town itself. This town will hold a family of four nobles. Inside the town will hold a tavern as well as a port.

Castle - Ormanfard Castle - This castle would be lay in ruins due to being raised in the previous war. The lord of the ruins is also the lord of the village of Ormanfard.

Villages:-
  • Calioc (Fish) - A small fishing village run by a Bailiff appointed by the Duke​
  • Rodetan (Horses) - A farmstead run by a notable family in the region.​
  • Etirburg (?) - A monastery run by a bishop to run the village. There would be an inn too.​
  • Ormanfard (Farms) - A farmstead run by the Count of the region, who is the owner of both the ruins of Ormanfard Castle and the village of Ormanfard. They would be a family of 3 nobles.​
The Principality of Sturgia:-

The liege lord of the realms of the Principality of Sturgia within the scenario would be the Jarl of Ustokol Castle. Initially the Jarl will be played by a character who will be in their mid-teens after his father was killed in the previous war, with his mother as the regent until he comes of age; she would be tasked with trying to keep the naive young Jarl in order and on the right path so the Jarldom doesn't fall into the wrong hands. The territories that will be held within the realm of the Jarl of Ustokol Castle will be:

Castle - Ustokol Castle - This castle would have taken most of the brute force of the war and the wear is rather visible on the castle. Nevertheless, still fully functional, the regent would be overseeing a large construction effort to repair the castle and restore the surrounding lands to their former glory. The castle would hold a family of three nobles.

• Ustokol (Fishing) - A small fishing village run by a bailiff who was appointed by the former Jarl. Within the village would house an Inn and an arena.
  • Rodetan (Farms) - A moderately sized farming village run by a local nobleman in the region appointed as the Baron.
The Kingdom of Battania:-

The liege lord of the realms of the Kingdom of Battania within the scenario would be the Earl of Aster Castle. Initially the Earl will be played by a character who will be in their older years, in his mid 60's. With many responsibilities already handed down to his heir, the family must find the best way to have a smooth transition to the next Earl and to try to keep the realms together after such a long reign. The territories that will be held within the realm of the Earl of Aster Castle will be:

Castle - Aster Castle - During the war between the three realms, due to the lack of Battanian direct presence, it allowed the Earl to focus less on large battles and sieges but instead profiting off the war; looting battlefields and raiding villages, the Earl was able to expand his castle and unlike the Vlandian Kingdom and Sturgian Principality, he was able to prosper from the war. There would be a family of three nobles.

• Aster (Farms) - A small farming village run by a bailiff who was appointed by the Earl. Within the village would house an Inn.
  • Ath Cafal (Mines) - A moderately sized mining village run by a local nobleman in the region appointed as the Baron.
What is it we are actually planning you might ask? Well, this is something we have done on warband for many years - hardcore role-play. Where you get a scene (a village map is a good example) but expand it so there are multiple fiefs on the map alongside forests and other sights - see it perhaps as a kingdom come deliverance sort of map. The goal when playing isn't like normal single player where you raise troops, attack castles and create a faction but a world where the players can forge the world how they wish to. Everyone in the server has their own character which is their own - they can choose their name, their appearance, their backstory - the options are endless! Players would play a variety of roles from the local nobleman, to the average solider all the way to the standard peasant - you can work your way up through means of dedication, loyalty, or intrigue! The RP community is text based, where you emote everything you do or say (within reason, we don't need you emoting to breathe!) - see it as a book but instead of you making the story by yourself hundreds of players contribute together to the overall story.

[/justify]
Scenario One.

What I plan to propose to you all here is my ideas for a bannerlord RP scenario and drum up some support all in one place for such. Below you can find my steam group with the community where everything will be centred around, alongside my ideas & a strawpoll which I encourage you all to vote on! Give your opinions on the whole thing below.

s3ykmAw.png

Set in the Northern Parts of Calradia, this scenario will feature Vlandia as the dominant faction, alongside Sturgia as a close second. The Battanians will be the third faction on map acting as a possible counter-balance to the two other factions. The map itself will feature many rivers and be in a bay, allowing for many rivers and streams. The island will allow for future building projects and potential political clashes. The Battanians' area will be mainly consist of dense forests, allowing for hideouts and the like. Below are the number of fiefs for each faction:-

Vlandia:- Town x1, Castle x1, Village x4
Sturgia:- Town x1, Castle x1, Village x2
Battania:- Castle x1, Village x4

Scenario Two.

9kuOdLh.png

Set in the Mid-Southern parts of Calradia, this scenario will see Vlandia & The Western Empire competing closely together with similar fiefs and power. Battania will be the third faction on map acting as a possible counter-balance to the two other factions. The map itself will be mainly inland, with the Vlandian town being a port out to sea. The centre of the map is mainly uninhabited, with dense forests and ruins laying here and there, allowing for a potential future building project and even potential bandit hideouts. Below are the number of fiefs for each faction:-

Vlandia:- Town x1, Castle x1, Village x4
Western Empire:- Town x1, Castle x1, Village x3
Battania:- Castle x1, Village x3

NOTE: THIS IS ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE, MAINLY DEPENDING ON THE MAP CAPABILITIES OF BANNERLORD.

Credit to Vesper for the map.

Join our Steam Group here: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/delorious-network
Join our Discord here: https://discord.gg/zS6VGHC

Last edited:
So I like the idea of an RP, but some of them I saw on WB servers seemed to just go nowhere. Hardly any wars, duels, or confrontations. Just a couple of RPers and a bunch of other people that seemed to have lost all sanity.

What kind of structure will we have on the server to try and avoid endless circles if you know what I mean.

The idea would be to give different ranks different options. Eg a Lord could Levy troops for campaign. A commoner could petition the court of a wrongdoing that was committed etc...

I loved persistent world. It would be awesome to have that on actual Calradia map. I was a blacksmith went rich then became city watch. It was glorious !

Oh yeah then i grew up,got a life and never returned on PW server, takes so much time . . .

I like scenario two because it includes the two “brand new” bannerlord factions (battania & empire) but i know scenario 1 will win because of all the nord/sturgia/vikings fans.

Never played PW but i will agree with what Piconi and Elcapo have said. It cant take years to make any progress, requiring hours of playtime for days on end. I would love to play a Vlandia peasant and see if i could work my way up.

Also, how do you use text chat to RP with hundreds in a server? I can only imagine it if bannerlord will have proximity text and voice chat.

vicwiz007 said:
Also, how do you use text chat to RP with hundreds in a server? I can only imagine it if bannerlord will have proximity text and voice chat.

Warband doesn't have a proximity chat and they still managed to get one to work for the pw/pk mods, so I don't think that will be a problem.

elcapo29 said:
So I like the idea of an RP, but some of them I saw on WB servers seemed to just go nowhere. Hardly any wars, duels, or confrontations. Just a couple of RPers and a bunch of other people that seemed to have lost all sanity.

What kind of structure will we have on the server to try and avoid endless circles if you know what I mean.

The idea would be to give different ranks different options. Eg a Lord could Levy troops for campaign. A commoner could petition the court of a wrongdoing that was committed etc...

One of the biggest points which either brings a scenario to be golden or brings it to its knees is the players who play nobles and the loose story script placed within the scenario. Nobles are there to help push roleplay forward for newer players, and others who work for them - they are usually the ones who create tension, duels, wars, and much of the spiceyness which is politics. Having a loose storyline/script in place also helps the server progress slowly with a story arce, with general major events in place set by staff members which'll bring the story to its next chapter.

Younes123 said:
So this is persistent world but the caladria roleplay server?

Are modding tools and editors not going to be released only on launch?

Yes you can use persistent worlds as a good example for this, just with a much more influence for roleplay. On the note of the tools, modding wise I dont think will be available on EA, but with the map editor I am not sure .

Piconi said:
I loved persistent world. It would be awesome to have that on actual Calradia map. I was a blacksmith went rich then became city watch. It was glorious !

Oh yeah then i grew up,got a life and never returned on PW server, takes so much time . . .

Hehe, did you ever play the RP servers on Persistent World or just the standard mod? If so there was so much you were missing out :3

vicwiz007 said:
I like scenario two because it includes the two “brand new” bannerlord factions (battania & empire) but i know scenario 1 will win because of all the nord/sturgia/vikings fans.

Never played PW but i will agree with what Piconi and Elcapo have said. It cant take years to make any progress, requiring hours of playtime for days on end. I would love to play a Vlandia peasant and see if i could work my way up.

I too enjoy the idea of the empire as a new faction, although, I do like both scenarios and was torn. Mainly why this thread is here :razz: We will go forward with whichever is the most popular choice, because obviously you go where players want to go :wink:

The RP scenarios were so fun, and especially as a new player working from a peasant up the ranks of society, learning how to play the server as you went along, it is really a pleasurable experience.

On note with the chat, it will be proximity text chat, not sure if taleworlds have any plans with voice chat but if they did such would be disabled.

I voted for scenario 1 only because there are 2 cities at the seashore, and lots of rivers and islands, much more potential (sea warfare between 2 towns with ports).

There is one other location where it could be possible, only map was changed a bit, prolong river to get it into a lake and make it navigable from the lake, so all towns are connected by water as well :

vTbR3Ai.png

Maybe i didnt catch enough villages or something, but sort of in that area is my idea.
2 new factions, but no vlandians, so i guess you wouldnt like that  :grin:

Piconi said:
I voted for scenario 1 only because there are 2 cities at the seashore, and lots of rivers and islands, much more potential (sea warfare between 2 towns with ports).

There is one other location where it could be possible, only map was changed a bit, prolong river to get it into a lake and make it navigable from the lake, so all towns are connected by water as well :

vTbR3Ai.png

Maybe i didnt catch enough villages or something, but sort of in that area is my idea.

Doesnt look like a bad place for a scenario, although I think from the start/first scenario I would like to have Vlandia as one of the factions due to being such a relatable faction. A lot of players, especially newer players will feel most connected to vlandia, from british to french & german to american. A very western faction and relatable to a large audience. It is a similiar situation with Swadia in warband RP

elcapo29 said:

Hahah so true, I get that some people enjoy that but it turns the game into a platform acting as a glorified text chat. Nothing seems to happen in-game because everything is going on and is remembered in the RPer's fantasies.

PW was great fun imo because it struck a good balance, one of my fav mp mods alongside FI2. I tried out PK several times and it personally bores me to death as nothing ever seems to happen other than a specific group doing word exchanges again and again with no visible game outcomes.

Though I think the thing is that your character's actions should be as valid as words. Where you can just attack someone right away for instance, having to come up with BS that basically boils down to "I'm attacking you now" beforehand is just weird. Makes a more outlaw oriented setup a bore and defeats the purpose. You saw something, had a motivation and acted upon it with your character as a medium. No nametags also, stealth and ambushes get messed up because of this. Same deal in PW.

No need to have this dual persona separation IMO, you are already in an RP mode as a person and the character is a medium. The rules often make it as if you don't exist anymore, only the character. The character isn't alive so in a way it has to explain everything to itself, and the world. You know what I mean?
Which makes no sense because you have to input it anyways, so it's just an extra input lag not making things flow real-time.

Captain Obvious said:
Piconi said:

vTbR3Ai.png

Doesnt look like a bad place for a scenario, although I think from the start/first scenario I would like to have Vlandia as one of the factions due to being such a relatable faction. A lot of players, especially newer players will feel most connected to vlandia, from british to french & german to american. A very western faction and relatable to a large audience. It is a similiar situation with Swadia in warband RP
Yeah, that is a problem, and thats why i pointed it out, but on the other hand, this game takes place 200 years before, and brittish, french and germans can totaly relate to this ( celts, britons, gauls, germanic tribes). As for americans, well, it is a problem as they see medieval times through prism of "braveheart" and such, which is not their fault.

I myself am serbian, and i can relate to all of 4 of the factions presented in 2 scenarios + mine (serbia first settled by celtic tribes scordisci, denari tribali, later on slavs assimilated them and they became full on slavic, after being baptised into orhodoxy by byzantines we held strong cultural ties with them, seen on the armor and weapon choices at the time, then after 12th century serbian mounted noble knights (vlastela) were like a prototype of western heavy knights,a true  swadia fanboy wet dreams ? )

So everything except Aserai and Khuzait i can relate to  :grin:

But that doesent mean i couldnt roleplay something i could not relate to ! Lets be honest here, it doesent have sence, real history wise, to have a high medieval ages faction like vlandia, vikings in a faction like sturgia and celtic tribe like battania on the same map in the same time.
But Bannerlord wise its ok  :grin:

Then first scenario for the beggining for sure, much more diversity of the terrain, bodies of water, and stuff like that.

What about non European players, from China etc?

Respectful Knight said:
The second scenario is better.Battle of the Roman Empire and the Barbarian Celtic tribes fight would be good
Not bad, its just the Empire in game is Byzantium-inspired, not western Rome inspired.
So there wouldn't be "Teutoburg forest" like battles between roman legions and celtic ambushers.....

Back
Top Bottom