Unreal Tournament 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Thorgrim

Knight at Arms
The demo just came out today... and yes... it looks as good in game as it did in the screenshots :smile:

211333_full.jpg

204482_full.jpg

Unfortunately no onslaught mode in the demo, but there is vehicle CTF at least :smile:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_21427.shtml

That's the Hellbender methinks.

Thorgrim said:
Unfortunately no onslaught mode in the demo, but there is vehicle CTF at least :smile:
There's not gonna be onslaught in the full game either, if I'm not mistaken. Thought they replaced it with some new game mode.

Triple map size? :eek:

I highly doubt though that I'll actually be getting the game, despite it looking rather good (even on my 2 GHz CPU and radeon 9800 pro vid card) and the demo being alright. Just can't be arsed to play against random unwashed masses anymore, and that's what I'd mainly have to do with it. And getting an UT game for the SP alone...that's silliness.

Also, the darkwalker is a fun vehicle to melt people's faces with. Neat how you can simply step on top of low buildings with it, thanks to its extremely flexible legs.

Morbo said:
Just can't be arsed to play against random unwashed masses anymore, and that's what I'd mainly have to do with it. And getting an UT game for the SP alone...that's silliness.
They've actually turned single player into a campaign this time around, since apparently only 40% of the audience ever went online with the previous incarnations. To be honest, I don't find the previous games particularly bad in single player anyway, so actually having a dedicated single player component could be fun.

Besides which, I'll probably start up a TW server if there's enough interest.

I have to say it just seems to base. I prefer realism to mindless shoot-em-ups. Not that a good LAN match is fun every now and then.

:twisted:

I've been too busy playing it to post here :wink:. The AI is superb, though I've only experienced it on normal difficulty. It looks great, sounds great, runs very well-- very well for a "beta" demo, I might add.

What especially intoxicates me is the idear that our good buddies over at TripWire are using this engine for their next game (I honestly hope it's RO2- yeah, sounds kinda lame, but I'd love Red Orchestra with the UT3 engine).

Back
Top Bottom