Unreadable chatbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kittenhuffer

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I apologize in advance if someone's already posted this, but I didn't find anything of relevance when I used the search function.

Basically, 99 times out of 100 I can't read what people write in the in-game chat. I know that I can press L to open up the chatlog and I already do that, but it seems to be only me that has this problem so I'd like to know what settings I should run in order to see it displayed well. Right now I'm using a pretty low resolution, but the problem remains when I set it to a higher one. I've tried changing most of the video settings, but I just can't seem to find a way to get the chatbox to appear more visible.

The text is pretty dark and seems to be almost transparent. If I'm lucky I can manage to move my camera around until I find a background where I can read the chatbox, but as I said, most of the time I can't.

So, is it only me?

Yeah, they're tough to read. 

Black, or brown, would be a better choice.  I'll take a look at the module system sometime, and see if I can change the color, but I doubt it. 

I have this problem too, I thought it was only me since I hadn't seen it mentioned in tech support yet. I play at low resolution too but increasing the settings to what people usually play at doesn't seem to change it at all.

The only thing that seems to increase the clarity of the text to readable levels is adjusting the Level of Detail settings in my video card's configuration. Using textures for fonts rather than a proper scalable typeface is a pretty bad idea for this very reason. If someone can work out a mod or something to use the original M&B text log it would be very appreciated by a lot of people I'm sure!

I tried setting my resolution to the maximum there is for my laptop. I hadn't tried this before because I thought it'd lag to an extent where playing is unbearable, which was true, but at least I could see the chat a bit better. It was still very hard to read, though. I'm glad it's not only me that has this problem. Hopefully they can perhaps fix it in future patches. Let's hope so! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom