Unofficial Troop Editor 1.9 for troops.txt file

Users who are viewing this thread

slesher said:
I'm having a serious problem with this editor all of the sudden.  I reconstructed the entire troop tree, and while doing so I have tested it a few times, and it worked fine.  Now, however, for whatever reason, it won't save the troops.txt file at all.  Somehow half of my work got undone. When I open the txt file directly, it appears how it did before I modified it- none of my progress is there.  But opening it in troop editor, it is all still there.  When I save, it says it was saved, but nothing in the file changes. This doesn't make any sense to me. Seems like its just not overwriting the file as it should be?

I am having this issue as well. Made small changes which are not showing up in-game. I believe there is a bug. I wish Hokie would have updated this to the latest version before peacing out. Although someone interested in updating this has access to source code.

seoman of earthsea said:
slesher said:
I'm having a serious problem with this editor all of the sudden.  I reconstructed the entire troop tree, and while doing so I have tested it a few times, and it worked fine.  Now, however, for whatever reason, it won't save the troops.txt file at all.  Somehow half of my work got undone. When I open the txt file directly, it appears how it did before I modified it- none of my progress is there.  But opening it in troop editor, it is all still there.  When I save, it says it was saved, but nothing in the file changes. This doesn't make any sense to me. Seems like its just not overwriting the file as it should be?

I am having this issue as well. Made small changes which are not showing up in-game. I believe there is a bug. I wish Hokie would have updated this to the latest version before peacing out. Although someone interested in updating this has access to source code.

A year or so ago people reported an issue similar to this and I added the following note on the first page:

Windows Vista - Several users have had issues trying to use the unofficial editors (and mods in general) with the Windows Vista operating system. I do not have Vista but most likely you will need to start this editor with Admin rights or it will prevent you from modifying text files.  I believe this functionality is a security feature called VirtualStore that primarily protects the C:\Program Files\ folder so I think problems installing mods or using editors in Vista is most common for people who have the game installed into that directory.  Apparently you can find the files under the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\" folder or some people have re-installed M&B into a different directory and found that this worked as well.

I'm not sure why this isn't working for you and haven't tried this editor on any of the recent versions of M&B, but its possible this issue is related to an operating system problem or workflow.  Unfortunately I don't have free time to work on this anymore, but possibly the note above will help or somebody will make use of the source code I posted.  Good luck!

Mornin'. Been using the troop editor for a week or two now and it has worked flawlessly up untill a day ago when I tried to add a ranged unit.
Even though I checked the box to always give them a ranged weapon, more than half of them seem to be spawning without such. And without all of their armour for that matter, any clue what the issue might be?

Hi... someone knows what is the difference between ''face1'' and ''face2''? I've made a queen at the place of Harlaus, I must modify only the first code? why face2? people in warband have two faces?  :neutral:
(thank you in advance)

Is there any way to arrange the troops equipment so that the outfits match in game, for example, a knight troop with the surcoat matching the warhorse, akin to the kind used in Floris mod pack?

For the proph of pendor mod:

I boosted the stats slightly on the pendor man-at-arms and gave them a morningstar as well as what they had.  The equipment showed up, but no changes to stats.  What did I do wrong?

So, equipment changed...but no stats like iron flesh or weapon stats.  I clicked update for each troop.

Sometimes you are sure you did something and you can't think it didn't happen.Try again it will works.But if you use windows vista it is another story.Also I'm this guy who still use the old version m&b warband 1.143 and old game 1.011

Edit: sorry I tough we were in September then I remember it's October  :oops:

Edit: Damn my bad english!I have difficulty understanding myself

How do I create new troops....

Anyway... I gave mercanary horsemen light croosbows so they could use them on horseback but they wont use them? how do i fix this?

Sorry for that last post, i uh....am pretty stupid sometimes, i just figured out that this dosnt work for warband..

anyway! I modified the housecarls, gave them super stats, ect. gave them a sheild then garentied them to have a sheild, made it first on the list.....and they dont have a shelid in game....why???

hey, i am trying to edit sword of damocles troops, has anyone had an experience with this? i am having some problems and im not sure if its because i am using SOD or if its coz im a noob?

i get "error 380 invalid property" when i browse for the files. i choose a file called "stuff" which contains the 5 files to edit(is this right?)
1: the files in sword of damocles, don't have .txt after the file name e.g instead of "factions.txt." it says "factions"(is this bad?)
2: i am using files which were COPIED from the mod e.g i copied and pasted the "factions" and "troops" file(not sure if i was meant to copy them or use the original files)
3: they are stored in  My Documents/ Troops Editor/ Stuff - then the files(should they instead be stored in the modules section)?

it then says "was not able to open the following files Party.txt"

i dont know what i have done wrong. and im not sure if its my doing or if it is that i can't edit this mod?
i am running windows 7 64 bit and have warband version 1.153
i have native, native expansion and sword of damocles

the only files you need are the following text documents (.txt):

factions
items_kinds1
parties
party_templates
troops

If one or more of those files are not present in the folder, the program won't work.

I haven't played mount and blade in years. im trying to edit troop trees. last time i did this was the original mount and blade. im now playing M&B Warband V1.153, this wont work. i cant find any of the files i need. please help!! :\

Loving the mod, have one question though: When I edit a troop and give them both a spear and a dagger, is there a way to make sure they get both and not just one or the other?

Hi, is there any way to add the blunt arrows used in the arenato troops?
Never mind.

Back
Top Bottom