Unofficial Troop Editor 1.9 for troops.txt file

Users who are viewing this thread

Zbullock0597 said:
Is there there a download link for version 1.011 it tried reding the entire first posts but to many links and the reason I wanted it was to make a viking mod so if its not to much trouble could you post the link for me so i dont have to look for it again. I cant understand with all the links.
                                                                  Post there
                                                                        |
                                                                        |
                                                                        \|/
I downloaded it and when i turned it on i ran into an error

Unable to open the following files in C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules\Northern Europe\Textures
troops.txt
item_kinds1.txt
factions>txt
Party_Templates.txt
parties.txt
Do you know what the problem might be and how to fix it

Love this thing by the way. So messing around with it, you know swapping the entire merc tree to women and all the companions... but anyway, when I did promote to a Dark Knight I noticed she spawned without any armor in the menu. I can't talk to her to confirm if she has armor equipped or not but... is this because of the Black Armor being disabled or something?

Or does the game not render it or something?
Also, is there anyway to give a hair style to an NPC? Lots of the male companions turned female are bald.

Are you going to make more features?

i really love your troop editor #1 mod making tool!!!!

hope you can add more features to make it that small step bigger!!

10/10!

-I Pkz I
:twisted:

If there was one thing that this tool needed to make it perfect, a little viewing screen would be it. Some people, like me, edit troops to make them look better. It's really annoying to have to exit out of the game, reload, and then create a whole new game, just to see if that shield looks right.

Hey,

I've wanted a mod like this one for so long, but I need help.

My mount and blade warband is ran through 'steam' and for some reason in my files I can't find the Module folder for it on my computer. It doesn't seem to have a folder for modules or any other kind of folder, it just has a folder called 'recources' with nothing in it,

Please help me

thanks  :sad:

StGene said:
If there was one thing that this tool needed to make it perfect, a little viewing screen would be it. Some people, like me, edit troops to make them look better. It's really annoying to have to exit out of the game, reload, and then create a whole new game, just to see if that shield looks right.

there is another user developed mod here called item viewer where you can see the items with no need to go ingame

Hi all, I have a problem:

When I add items to troops E.G Swadian Knight. It screws up my game all the sudden and say's:
iyeix1.jpg

artifex said:
Does this work with 1.125? If not will it be updated to?

It works. Only problem is that this tool is great in combo with the item editor that doesn't work. However you can alter the equipment, the ability of troops, rename the cities, decide the size of party without any problem.

ive got a question...

when adding troops (like the picture turtorial) i cant find a place to recruit them

and when i paste my troops.txt to my new mod folder and overwrite troops, the new troop(s) are in the list
but not if i open the list with the troop editor...

plz help :grin:

For 1.1011? I thought this should work with it.

Anyway, is this tool compatible with the latest version of Warband? I tried editing Merc and Swadian troops, not adding new troops but editing and renaming the old ones, but the module crashes in the town ambush sequence or earlier.

For steam users:

It's under Steam-Steam Apps-Common-Mount and Blade Warband

Uhhh I've got a doozy.

Started up Warband with troop editor and things are just weird.

I have roaming bands of Prison Guards. Suno belongs to the Khergits, Wercheg the Rhodoks. Heck in the opening quest I was about to be taken out by a Prison Guard!

All I did was add two new troops to the Nord line as a test following Ballrog's instructions.

NM Fixed it! Helps if you don;t add custom troops to the middle of the troops.txt file!

Oh and btw for those who are getting Error 9: Subscript

Make sure that you copied the troop starting from top left, not from the bottom and that you didn't leave a space between them. Otherwise the editor can't recognize that line of script.

mbcav.png

Half these troops spawn with horses, half without.

Any idea how I can fix this so all these troops spawn with horses?

Trying to use this tool but the very bottom part of the window when editing troops.txt is cut off. Changing the screen resolution doesn't resize the window and trying to push the window up by pulling on the title bar menu causes it to automatically drop back when I let go. On top of that, there is no option to resize the window.

Also, changing the DPI settings in the compatibility options, along with all the other choices, does not help either.

Back
Top Bottom