Unofficial Troop Editor 1.9 for troops.txt file

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Missesalot said:
Trying to use this tool but the very bottom part of the window when editing troops.txt is cut off. Changing the screen resolution doesn't resize the window and trying to push the window up by pulling on the title bar menu causes it to automatically drop back when I let go. On top of that, there is no option to resize the window.

Also, changing the DPI settings in the compatibility options, along with all the other choices, does not help either.

Ever figure this one out? I know I fooled around with the troop editor last year and had the same problem but I forgot the solution. So now I'm stuck at the same point again, hahaha.

I had to go into windows personalize and set my text back to normal size I think. Having it set to larger (150%) pushes text off the window, IIRC.

FYI - k0nr@d has a very cool Excel based text file editor, people may want to check out this as well.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117997.0.html

Already posted this in skiddledous tutorial-thread: I have a problem using the editor with the Sword of Damocles Mod. It works perfectly well for me with Lords and Realms but when editing the SoD-troops.txt the TroopEditor won't show the newly added troops from the bottom of the file. I tried editing the .txt in the mod-folder as well as in a seperate folder.
Any ideas on how to solve this? Might there be a maximum number of troops (as SoD already has 975 troops to begin with)?

Unlikely to be the problem as I just tweaked my copy of Blood and Steel and it hat like 1008

Possible SoD was created with a different editor that created some "noise" that this editor can't tolerate but the game can.

anyone know if someone besides this amature made a troop editor the fool made the window way too big to use even in 1366 x 768 screen res :evil: and for the idiots who i know are thinking y dony u try to better the answer is simple im not a programer but i would think somone skilled enough to do this should know to make the window adjustable not a set size

Note, for anybody trying to use this tool.  It worked on M&B Native and M&B Warband the last time I tried it, but that was months ago.  I don't have time to maintain this anymore in the future so I don't know if its compatible with recent versions of M&B: WFaS, but hopefully it is.  If not, then there are some links to alternative programs or the source code on the first page, and maybe somebody can update it.  good luck!

so what does no capture do? stop them from getting captured or stop them from capturing others so they dont slow down? and it seams unkillable does work unless getting knocked out was the goal but i cant tell if it my characters high skill or if it is suppose to do that

tf_male  = Man
tf_female = Woman
tf_undead  = Undead race
troop_type_mask  = ?
tf_hero              = Has health percentage, doesn't stack, like companions.
tf_inactive          = basically a comment out without messing up the order, I think.
tf_unkillable        = will always be knocked out.
tf_allways_fall_dead = will always die.
tf_no_capture_alive  = will never be captured
tf_mounted          = Troop's movement speed on map is determined by riding skill.
tf_is_merchant      = When set, troop does not equip stuff he owns
tf_randomize_face    =  Randomize face at the beginning of the game.
tf_guarantee_boots            = Always has boots
tf_guarantee_armor            = Always has armor
tf_guarantee_helmet          = Always has helmet
tf_guarantee_gloves          = Always has gloves
tf_guarantee_horse            = Always has horse
tf_guarantee_shield          = Always has shield
tf_guarantee_ranged          = Always has bow/crossbow/throwing
tf_unmoveable_in_party_window = Cannot be moved in the party (P-button?) window.

I'm having a serious problem with this editor all of the sudden.  I reconstructed the entire troop tree, and while doing so I have tested it a few times, and it worked fine.  Now, however, for whatever reason, it won't save the troops.txt file at all.  Somehow half of my work got undone. When I open the txt file directly, it appears how it did before I modified it- none of my progress is there.  But opening it in troop editor, it is all still there.  When I save, it says it was saved, but nothing in the file changes. This doesn't make any sense to me. Seems like its just not overwriting the file as it should be?

Has anyone tried this editor with the most recent version of Warband? Does it still work?

Also, can I use this editor to change the type of recruitable mercenaries in taverns?

Thanks alot,
JollySam

If anyone is around to read this, I have a question.  I can't seem to get the troop editor to "fit" on my screen, no matter what resolution that I use.  What resolution is needed to use the editor, as it doesn't appear to have a scroll bar?

Back
Top Bottom