SP Native Unofficial Arena Mod Add-On v.1.9.8b (Discontinued 11.24.06)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janus said:
Just the yellow helmet, is it?

Just the yellow helmet and the yellow shield. The only differences are the RGB channel and the texture name. It seems like the alpha channel is shinning yellow for some reason.

Ah, I see. Just looked at the files and it looks like the yellow helmet material is set to R:200 G:200 B:0, or yellow in other words. There's where your yellow "glow" is coming from. It should be changed to match the other helmets.
You can do all of that in BRFedit now, which I'd recommend over using Simpson's editor. I actually don't see any reason to bother with Lurb's old tool or Simpson's Texture/Material editor since BRFedit does both better and more reliably.

Janus said:
Ah, I see. Just looked at the files and it looks like the yellow helmet material is set to R:200 G:200 B:0, or yellow in other words. There's where your yellow "glow" is coming from. It should be changed to match the other helmets.
You can do all of that in BRFedit now, which I'd recommend over using Simpson's editor. I actually don't see any reason to bother with Lurb's old tool or Simpson's Texture/Material editor since BRFedit does both better and more reliably.

Good eye and perhaps I'll pick it up. I was just using the unofficial editor to convert the add-on to the lastest version. Thanks.

Small optional update:

-: Lancers and Archers now have secondary weapons.
-: Javelins have been added to all matches.

Check out the first post for a download.

I made a little mini-add-on for naked flintlock fights. :lol:

Compatability:
-: Mount & Blade v.0.751.
-: Arena Mod v.1.6.0.

Features (v.0.1b):
-: Fighters are stripped of their armor and tossed into an arena with a flintlock pistol.
-: Three standard matches have been replaced: 2v2, 4v4 and 8v8.

Know Issues:

Download:
-: Flintlock Mini-Add-On (05.05.06)

Installation:
-: Copy the two TXT files to the Arena Mod folder.

Version 0.1b:

Special Thanks to:

-: Janus (Arena Mod)
-: Effidian (Unofficial Editor)

Septa Scarabae said:
I made a little mini-add-on for naked flintlock fights. :lol:
Knoqn Issue - CTD, when selecting 1v1 standard matche and all types of exotic matches at Arena Master.
Please, leave them untouched, or remove these items from the dialogue at all

Anyway, cool work :smile:

Btw, is this a mod issue or native? Some NPCs do not have shadows.
http://club-ix.net.ua/phpbb/index.php?t=getfile&id=9070

Garrett said:
Knoqn Issue - CTD, when selecting 1v1 standard matche and all types of exotic matches at Arena Master.
Please, leave them untouched, or remove these items from the dialogue at all

Anyway, cool work :smile:

Well, the mini-mod wasn't actually a supported release, more or less just something I was playing with. I figured some people might enjoy it, so I released the edited files. As for the NPC shadow issue, host a screenshot at ImageShack, I'm not sure.

This is for shadows

Maybe it is some minor changes in TXT-files, in order to fix the problem with CTD and other types? Oh, make all the types for flintlocks?
Is it possible to include also or import somehow pirate armor models or some civilian cloth?

Garrett said:
Maybe it is some minor changes in TXT-files, in order to fix the problem with CTD and other types? Oh, make all the types for flintlocks?
Is it possible to include also or import somehow pirate armor models or some civilian cloth?

I only changed the standard 2v2, 4v4 and 8v8 matches, so I'm not sure why you would be crashing to the desktop. I'll take a look into it, though. As for adding civilian clothes, it would be a fairly simply addition. I could also ask Yoshi if I could include some textures from Pirate Mod. I wasn't planning to release the mini-mod as anything other than as-is, but if there is some interest I don't mind updating it.

It works fine for me, so make sure you have the following installed:

-: Mount & Blade v.0.751
-: Arena Mod v.1.6.0
-: Arena Mod Add-On v.1.9.8b

If those are all up-to-date and you're still having a crashing issue, let me know. It sounds like it could be a problem where you don't have the latest version of the Arena Mod Add-On. In this case it would be likely that the client is attempting to call items that don't exist when you try to enter the other matches.

I have the Arena Mod Add-On installed, so it likely the item_kinds.txt and mission_templates.txt files still have information from the add-on in them.

Ah, yeah, sure, you're right.
You just didn't write in your post about flintlock-addon, that it needs installed Arena Addon :razz:
I just checked the item_kinds file and found there javelins and so on.

Anyway, I will install the latest Arena Addon and check, to be sure.

What about shadows issue?

EDIT:I downloaded it, everything works fine now,  btw fortified arena (6v6) is also with flintlocks. The greatest fun  :grin:
P.S. If you added javelines, why not add crossbows? :smile:

Garrett said:
Ah, yeah, sure, you're right.
You just didn't write in your post about flintlock-addon, that it needs installed Arena Addon :razz:
I just checked the item_kinds file and found there javelins and so on.

Once I add the flintlocks to all matches, it shouldn't be a problem. I guess that would be a good thing to get around to.

Garrett said:
What about shadows issue?

I'm thinking this is an issue with Native or with Arena Mod. While I've had some interesting bugs, I haven't edited anything that should effect shadows.

Garrett said:
EDIT:I downloaded it, everything works fine now,  btw fortified arena (6v6) is also with flintlocks. The greatest fun  :grin:
P.S. If you added javelines, why not add crossbows? :smile:

Ha, looks like I'll need to update the first page. As for crossbows, I didn't want to go crazy and keep adding more and more weapons. Because to be honest, there are a lot that aren't in Arena Mod. It is certainly something I can consider in future updates.

A new release of Flintlock Mini-Mod has been made available. This should solve any issues with people who did not have the Arena Mod Add-On.

What about fist fighting? Do you have it on this Arena Mod? If you don't you should implant it... Really god advice.
If someabody have already suggested that im sorry... its 3:30 in the morning in Brazil and im not really a pacient guy...

Ovelhamaster said:
What about fist fighting? Do you have it on this Arena Mod? If you don't you should implant it... Really god advice.
If someabody have already suggested that im sorry... its 3:30 in the morning in Brazil and im not really a pacient guy...

There is a brawl, or fisticuff match already implemented into Arena Mod. It is part of the Arena Mod Add-On, as well. It is not part of the Flintlock Mini-Mod, which was a quickly tossed together overhaul. Mind you, it is only in a 1v1 setting.

Sorry folks.  I'm a  little confused about the install instructions for installing Unofficial Arena Mod and Flintlock Mini Mod.

I'm planning to use the procedure below.  Can someone confirm that I got it right ?

1.  Install M&B 0.751

2.  Install Arena Expansion 1.6

3.  Install Unofficial Arena Mod 1.9.8b 
            - brf files to go into \Modules\Arena Expansion\Resources folder
            - dds files to go into \Modules\Arena Expansion\Textures folder
            - txt files to go into \Modules\Arena Expansion folder
      (Question :-  If these are suppose to go into the 'Arena Expansion' folder, why did the author
        program the zip file to install to a different base directory called \Modules\Arena Mod  :?: )

4.  Install Flintlock mini mod by extracting both txt files in the Flintlock zip into a new folder called
      Arena Mod under the Modules directory.

Let me know, OK ?  Thanks for your help.

HtR

The Flintlock Mini-Mod and Arena Mod Add-On are not stand-alone and will not work together. They will overwrite eachothers files. They both install to the Arena Expansion folder.

The files are in a folder called Arena Mod Add-On, because that is the folder I keep my add-on information in. When I have an updated build, I compress the folder into a *.zip file. Essentially, you can ignore the folder name. All these files will be going into your Arena Expansion folder. Just take a look at the Readme.txt and you should be fine. At first glance, it looks like you have the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom