SP Native Unofficial Arena Mod Add-On v.1.9.8b (Discontinued 11.24.06)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomozzy said:
I installed the files as stated in the readme onto mount and blade .731 and arena mod 1.52 but i get an error when the game starts and it wont load the arena module. The error message reads:
"unable to open file weapons1_red.dds"

Looking into the issue, most like compatability with v.1.5.2 that wasn't completely fixed.

There was an issue when I re-hosted the files, where the shield textures were not being included. This has been fixed. The download should be fine to use, now. Sorry for any inconvenience. :grin:

nicely done, i'm enjoying this, now i've got a request for you septa, could you add arena expansion into my mod for me? and then make an add on like with red mail shirts for red team, and blue mail shirts for the blue team? ive wanted to add arena exp into my mod for ages but all the weapons and armour are wrong, so I got put of the idea.

Ben Hussey said:
nicely done, i'm enjoying this, now i've got a request for you septa, could you add arena expansion into my mod for me? and then make an add on like with red mail shirts for red team, and blue mail shirts for the blue team? ive wanted to add arena exp into my mod for ages but all the weapons and armour are wrong, so I got put of the idea.

If I have the time, I'd gladly try. I'd definately talk to Janus first, though.

Ben Hussey said:

Yeah, I can give it a try. Might not get done until Friday, as I have a full plate running a guild, working on my new site, taking care of my kid and work. Will see what I can do, though. No guarantees, as I've never intergrated a mod within a mod.

No real updates at the moment. Still fiddling around with a few different things. Will hopefully have some more screenshots up this weekend.

For the team colours, consider using the Red, White, Green, and Blue of the ancient Roman chariot races.  If you'd like more authentic devices, try these on for size:

4devices.png

Eogan said:
For the team colours, consider using the Red, White, Green, and Blue of the ancient Roman chariot races.  If you'd like more authentic devices, try these on for size:

I'm not looking to do any more re-skinning of new textures at the moment, but I will definately keep it in mind. Thanks for the advice. :grin:

Not sure if anyone is actually waiting for this to be re-released, but once Janus releases the next version of Arena Mod, I should have it up within a day or two, depending on my schedule. Once I get some free time, I'd gladly look at the Norman Invasion Mod again, Ben. I've been pretty busy lately.

An updated version of the Arena Mod Add-On is now available. It should be compatable with Arena Mod v.1.6.0 and M&B v.0.751.

New Features:
-: Armor without a bonus was added to the Fisticuff matches.
-: The Red Team was replaced by the Green Team in one of the matches.

Known Issues:
-: The Yellow Team's metallic armor glows yellow.
-: The Yellow Team's fighters sometimes carry an extra suit of armor.

The front page has been updated with all information. Enjoy and let me know if anyone has any issues.

It's an interesting one, let me go take a screenshot:

You can't really see it, but if you look at the screenshot on the front page, you'll see the issue with the yellow team glowing yellow. Now, if I could make that effect work for all teams, it might look okay, but it's completely random. As for this extra suit of armor, it was the result of re-releasing for v.0.751. Probably something I scratched in the process.

.. Septa shifts his eyes.

I got it. They have the wrong mesh for their helmets! :lol:

Janus said:
Septa Scarabae said:
I got it. They have the wrong mesh for their helmets! :lol:
Hahah. :lol:

EDIT: can't really see from those screenshots that the yellow team armor is glowing.

You know, I just updated the screenshots without thinking about that. I'll go scope out a shot of a Yellow Team fighter. I'm all kinds of out of it, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom